Predict Iowa State-SDSU score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Predict Iowa State-SDSU score

I will disagree with Superbunny in one thing. If it becomes a trench battle I think SDSU is at an advantage. I think MJA said it earlier that the major difference between FBS and FCS is going to be in speed and depth at skill positions. If the Jacks are any where close to matching up at skill positions then the game will be close and SDSU will have a shot at winning. If their skill positions are much faster and deeper then SDSU will be in trouble. Just look at the games where the Jacks have been beaten badly since the transition. Every one of those teams had speed and depth to their advantage (except maybe the opener with Davis). When it was a grind it out battle things were always close and to some extent in the Jacks favor.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

ISU 30
      Jacks 27

It's a nailbiter with plenty of drama in the fourth quarter. Post-game tough-guy speech by ISU coach cancelled due to excessive number team members busy in locker room crappers, checking their shorts.

*results may vary, especially if players of jackistan pretend to be playing for dakota marker during game...

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
        I will disagree with Superbunny in one thing. If it becomes a trench battle I think SDSU is at an advantage. I think MJA said it earlier that the major difference between FBS and FCS is going to be in speed and depth at skill positions. If the Jacks are any where close to matching up at skill positions then the game will be close and SDSU will have a shot at winning. If their skill positions are much faster and deeper then SDSU will be in trouble. Just look at the games where the Jacks have been beaten badly since the transition. Every one of those teams had speed and depth to their advantage (except maybe the opener with Davis). When it was a grind it out battle things were always close and to some extent in the Jacks favor.
        FBS is going to be Faster, Bigger, Stronger almost entirely across the board........that's why they're there....the bottom FBS teams are not going to have the line to play smashmouth FB....they're at the top tier teams.....but, generally speaking....better athletes. Which we all know doesn't always translate to wins...that's why we play the game.
        All the things mentioned earlier can be measured......nobody has figured a way to measure heart yet.....and IMO that's why we can have some great upsets.
        Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
        Muhammad Ali

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacks 31 Iowa State 20
          MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
          http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
          http://gojacks.com

Comment

38-2
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I'm as big of a fan as you will find but I have to be realistic. The coaches will never publicly admit it, but this is a game that you would just love to go in and play well, keep it competitive, and build some confidence while avoiding injury. 31-14 Iowa State. However, if this is a close game in the fourth quarter I expect that Jacks to come out on top. Iowa State will not be as confident or mentally tough at the end of a close game as the Jacks will.

Comment

I'm not going to make a prediction but I would put money on the Jacks if given 17 1/2 points. Will there be a line on the game?
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  I'm not going to make a prediction but I would put money on the Jacks if given 17 1/2 points. Will there be a line on the game?
                  I thought I read somewhere, maybe on this board, that the first college fb line of the season had the clones favored by 8.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                    38-2
                    I assume you mean Iowa State 38 - SDSU 2. You were always confused on how to properly work the prediction threads. Let me remind you. Optimism is king and appreciated. We want to send positive vibes. I had to remind you of this last season as well.

That is unless you're intentionally sending negative vibes for an anti-jinx purpose. If so, you're genius. Of course, you can't say if you're trying to anti-jinx us because then that would ruin the anti-jinx and in fact jinx us. So, I guess we're stuck.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                      I assume you mean Iowa State 38 - SDSU 2. You were always confused on how to properly work the prediction threads. Let me remind you. Optimism is king and appreciated. We want to send positive vibes. I had to remind you of this last season as well.

That is unless you're intentionally sending negative vibes for an anti-jinx purpose. If so, you're genius. Of course, you can't say if you're trying to anti-jinx us because then that would ruin the anti-jinx and in fact jinx us. So, I guess we're stuck.
                      Confusion is the acorn that grows the largest trees.

I like to leave my predictions open to interpretation. That way the optimist can look at them and think, yes, I like where he's going with this. And the pessimists can look at and go and think the same, or think that maybe, just maybe I'll be wrong and things will go right, leading to an opposite outcome. I think.
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

28-17 Clones

Closer than the score indicates, ISU scores an "insurance" TD in the 4th to seal the deal

Comment

Jacks strike twice early, once on offense and once on defense. Then grind out a second-half drive and preserve a 21-17 win. Go, Jacks.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Update: Who has predicted who to win~~~

SDSU - 11
                            Iowa State - 9

Comment

Chalk another one up for the Jacks!

Jackrabbits - 20
                              Cyclones - 13

Glen Fox cathes a 23 yard touchdown with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter to take the lead. Jacks defense holds on for the win. 1-0!

Comment

ARNAUD TO START AGAINST SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

AMES, Iowa – Austen will get the nod. Iowa State head football coach Gene Chizik announced after Friday’s practice that sophomore Austen Arnaud will start Thursday’s 7 p.m. season opener in Jack Trice Stadium against South Dakota State. The Cyclone second-year coach emphasized that sophomore Phillip Bates will also play quarterback against the Jackrabbits.
                                "We have a plan in place for both of them to play (Thursday),” Chizik said. “It is a positive that we have two guys that can lead our team. They have both shown that in practice and I think everybody's excited about it.”
                                Chizik said Arnaud, who completed 20-of-37 passes for 267 yards in six games, will start because of his experience. Bates has no game day experience at signal caller after playing as a wide receiver last season.
                                “Unfortunately, only one guy can take the first snap,” Chizik said. “Austen has some experience. We don't see it as a starter and a back-up; we see it as two starting quarterbacks. Both will continue to work with the No. 1 and No. 2 offenses in practice.
                                Chizik implied that both Arnaud and Bates have demonstrated the leadership necessary to shoulder quarterback responsibilities.
                                “We are really excited about the fact that we have two starting quarterbacks," Chizik said. “If this were an NFL draft, we would take them both in the first round. It's been a great camp for both Austen and Phillip.”

Arnaud replaces a four-year starter at QB. Jacks are lucky that star receiver Todd Blythe...now trying to make it with the New Orleans Saints...is no longer with the Cyclones. ISU will also have a freshman place kicker. Their return game last year was awful. They finally put Blythe back on punts basically to make fair catches.

Comment

Working...
                                X