No announcement yet.

Tailgaiting for the Iowa State game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tailgaiting for the Iowa State game.

Originally posted by cydave View Post
    I just took a look at that link and it looks like you are having a tailgate set up by lots S4 and S5. So, as far as parking goes: (refer back to the map) all of the lots shaded in a brownish color are general parking lots, which will cost you probably around $10. You won't be allowed to park in any of the concrete or "S" lots, because those are donor lots. Unless SDSU purchased some of the spots and reserved them for you, which then you would need some type of a parking pass. Otherwise, your best bet for parking would be in the lots south of where your tailgate is at. The student tailgating lots are the brownish colored lots, south of your tailgate, you can park there and it's close to the stadium. BTW, if any of you want to stop by the student tailgate lots, you are more than welcome. In fact, you will probably be challenged in some drinking games . Bring nothing but your ticket and a bunch of beer if you want to tailgate with the students.
    So, details include $20 for the tailgate event parking not included. Student parking just to the south (across the road and not paved) an additional $15.

My BIG QUESTION. Can we tailgate in the student lots G2-G9? If so, that would be my plan. Some from the Yankton club are talking about taking an RV. Looks like they can park that in the same lot.

http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle....&ATCLID=881103

Lots G2 and G3 would be near enough to the stadium and very near the alumni site. So, for the Cyclone fans, I'm guessing there will be a large group of us in the student spot.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      So, details include $20 for the tailgate event parking not included. Student parking just to the south (across the road and not paved) an additional $15.

My BIG QUESTION. Can we tailgate in the student lots G2-G9? If so, that would be my plan. Some from the Yankton club are talking about taking an RV. Looks like they can park that in the same lot.

http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle....&ATCLID=881103

Lots G2 and G3 would be near enough to the stadium and very near the alumni site. So, for the Cyclone fans, I'm guessing there will be a large group of us in the student spot.
      Yes, you can park/tailgate in any of the "G" lots. If you bring an RV, be prepared to pay alittle more, maybe $30?? Lots G2 and G3 aren't designated student lots, but that is where the majority of them tailgate. IMO those are some of the best lots to be in, especially if you like to party! They are also the closest to your alumni tailgate, so that is exactly where I would park. I'm not sure about that time you are getting there, but those fill up very fast! A lot of the students might get there wednesday night to reserve spots, so get there as early as possible, unless you want to be in the way back corner of the lot... Even though the rules state that tailgating lots don't open up until 6 hours prior to kickoff, get there sooner if possible. They will open them up once traffic starts getting backed up (even if its early morning). So, plan on getting there ASAP and partying all day!

Comment

be sure to stop by the SDSU Meat Lab and pick up your Jackrabbit Brats! they're selling like crazy!
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I suppose this is a question for the foundation, but I have to believe the tailgate price includes ADULT beverages. I know it says beverages are included, but...my guess is...you know...beer and/or drinks. Your thoughts?

The list of those signed up is pretty short. Check it out on the list on the link...and get signed up.
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
            I suppose this is a question for the foundation, but I have to believe the tailgate price includes ADULT beverages. I know it says beverages are included, but...my guess is...you know...beer and/or drinks. Your thoughts?

The list of those signed up is pretty short. Check it out on the list on the link...and get signed up.
            I've attended similar events in the past and a keg or two of beer has been present. I guess I would expect the same for this event. If not, the Yankton Jackrabbit Club will have a spot across the road and I'm guessing you could find a beverage or two there. Just look for the flags.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post

More a question for the Alumni Association. And the answer is yes. If you are of a legal drinking age then "beverages" will include those that are adult in nature.

Go State!

P.S. The latest numbers are 118 Jackrabbits signed up to attend. Should be a very good time!

Comment

Working...
              X