Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Prospects

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
    What about Dustin Lotzer as a QB from Sisseton... 29 TDs and 2 INT this season. Has the best QB Rating of any high schooler in the nation.

Since I can't link Lotzer's name... here's the MaxPreps page with his stats so far... Mods, if you can fix it, please feel free to!

http://www.maxpreps.com/south%20dako...=,local,player
    I like Lotzer's stats. He has the right height 6-4, and apparently had been more of a rushing QB then what we have seen recently at SDSU. If he can do the 40 in 4.4 or 4.5, he would be a good catch. I would like to see us get a QB like the one at UNI or more so the Mc Neese QB. I suspect that its probably more in Stig's general scheme of things, to have a great tailback and a passing qb, but we sure could use a good running QB. Berry's not bad, but we don't seem to have any QB keeper plays in the game plan. It seems like these plays are very much a last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
      What about Dustin Lotzer as a QB from Sisseton... 29 TDs and 2 INT this season. Has the best QB Rating of any high schooler in the nation.

Since I can't link Lotzer's name... here's the MaxPreps page with his stats so far... Mods, if you can fix it, please feel free to!

http://www.maxpreps.com/south%20dako...=,local,player
      I understand NDSU is recruiting him very hard. I wonder if we are since we have Tommy O'brien waiting in the wings. I have a feeling we'll be after the Jr. QB from Brandon Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I like Lotzer's stats. He has the right height 6-4, and apparently had been more of a rushing QB then what we have seen recently at SDSU. If he can do the 40 in 4.4 or 4.5, he would be a good catch. I would like to see us get a QB like the one at UNI or more so the Mc Neese QB. I suspect that its probably more in Stig's general scheme of things, to have a great tailback and a passing qb, but we sure could use a good running QB. Berry's not bad, but we don't seem to have any QB keeper plays in the game plan. It seems like these plays are very much a last resort.
        I believe Jeske is that type of QB. Question is whether or not he can beat out Crawford and O'Brien next year for the position when Berry graduates.

Comment

I heard Jeske switched to safety. Jeske would have definetly been the mobile quaterback that we could use

Comment

Glad to hear good things about Jeske. I see he is now on special teams and being used there some. I understand he can do about 4.6 in the 40, which is relatively quick. Yeah beating OBrien and Crawford might be tough. We need speed at safety so maybe that will work too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
              I understand NDSU is recruiting him very hard. I wonder if we are since we have Tommy O'brien waiting in the wings. I have a feeling we'll be after the Jr. QB from Brandon Valley.
              The qb from Brandon is Austin Sumner. His dad Joe played at SDSU. The kid is really good! 6'4" and a very strong arm.

Comment

According to ESPN.com OG Tyler Gimmestad from Marshall, MN is considering as well as LB Cordero Finley and DE Clay Gosse from Wisconsin.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...choolId%3d2571

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
                  I heard Jeske switched to safety. Jeske would have definetly been the mobile quaterback that we could use
                  I saw number 7 on the field the other night. Was that him?

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                    I saw number 7 on the field the other night. Was that him?
                    yep, that's him

Comment

Yes, he was the one that got the 15 yard roughing penalty.
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

The website www.wissports.net always has updates on football recruits. I have allready saw a couple that reported kids with offers and showing interest in State. It is really nice actually. Haven't ever seen anything like that in Minn, Iowa, Neb, or SD though.

Comment

Originally posted by jackwatcher View Post
                          The qb from Brandon is Austin Sumner. His dad Joe played at SDSU. The kid is really good! 6'4" and a very strong arm.
                          I've heard that he is getting some heavy attention from Iowa.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jackwatcher View Post
                            I think the dad, Joe Sumner, a standout at Watertown High School, played for Augie.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                              According to ESPN.com OG Tyler Gimmestad from Marshall, MN is considering as well as LB Cordero Finley and DE Clay Gosse from Wisconsin.

Add FB Kelan Richardson (ranked #30 in nation) and WR Alex Tweedy to the list of those interested.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recru...&schoolId=2571

Comment

A couple more to add to the list according to ESPN.

Brooks Mosier DE 6-4 236 Lees Summit West H.S. (MO) DE #141 71
                                Jordan Gacke OLB 6-2 190 Central Lyon H.S. (IA) 40

Comment

Working...
                                X