Gateway chages to MVC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gateway chages to MVC!

I got one too actually 2 of them but hey its me, I just think that its foolish to think that changing a name will solve all of the problems for SDSU, its still the same conference and its not the MVC that the school wants to be in. If you look at MVC you don't think of a football you think of basketball, track an occationally baseball.... I'm not saying that its a bad thing I just really don't think its a good thing either, That is the one complaint I have against 1-FCS football is the conference situation on the average fan is confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
      I got one too actually 2 of them but hey its me, I just think that its foolish to think that changing a name will solve all of the problems for SDSU, its still the same conference and its not the MVC that the school wants to be in. If you look at MVC you don't think of a football you think of basketball, track an occationally baseball.... I'm not saying that its a bad thing I just really don't think its a good thing either, That is the one complaint I have against 1-FCS football is the conference situation on the average fan is confusing.
      I could not agree more, but you really need to be a fly on the wall at the conference meeting to find out all the issues that made this change come into being. I dont think SDSU will be hurt though.

Comment

I'm not sure what there is to think that anybody gets hurt by the renaming? Dr. Oien said they would not get involved in the change, but would let the current members decide the issue (although I believe that SDSU was generally in favor of the move). A majority of existing memberswanted to go back to the Missouri Valley Conference name...with the belief that in the long run it would mean a little more recognition and publicity than the Gateway name was getting.

Fact is, IMHO, its basically a neutral deal. No harm, no foul.

Comment

HMMM...Brookings is neither in Missouri, or the Valley. Talk amongst yourselves...

Comment

Originally posted by 6JayCutler View Post
            HMMM...Brookings is neither in Missouri, or the Valley. Talk amongst yourselves...
            But it is in the Big Sioux Valley, which feeds into the Missouri Valley

Comment

Originally posted by 6JayCutler View Post
              Neither is UNI, Indiana State, Illinois State, Drake, Bradley, Evansville, Wichita State, or Southern Illinois. I guess it should just be Creighton and Missouri State that make up the MVC.

Comment

Gotta like the cover of the conference media guide, which is available for purchase.

@JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Very cool...Anyone think they'll be able to sell them at the home games??

Go Jacks!!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
                    Neither is UNI, Indiana State, Illinois State, Drake, Bradley, Evansville, Wichita State, or Southern Illinois. I guess it should just be Creighton and Missouri State that make up the MVC.
                    While we're at it, let's teach the Big 10 how to count . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                    X