Iron Jack's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Jack's

This coming week the team will be doing their physical testing following Winter workouts. I for one will be looking forward to seeing how many players earn Iron Jack status.

This should be a very good indicator as to the progress of the program and what kind of improvements it is making regarding the athletes that are now coming into it. It may also give some indication as to who may be stepping up to fill positions lost to graduation. Of course Spring Ball will be the ultimate indicator of that.

I am anxious to see the results ( I think only about ten players qualified last Spring? )

Re: Iron Jack's

How does the Iron Jacks designation work. Is there just benchmark weights that the players have to hit for each position to make the list?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      How does the Iron Jacks designation work. Is there just benchmark weights that the players have to hit for each position to make the list?
      I believe that every group i.e. RB's, O-Line, D-Line, LB's ect. have a set of criteria they have to meet. They must meet or exceed every benchmark for every lift including a vertical jump measurement to attain Iron Jack status.

Comment

Maybe I have been working for corporate America too long, but would like us to see "at least 50% growth this fiscal/workout year." So I would like to see at least 15 Jacks qualify by standard set last year. As far as year over year growth is concerned.......:-)
        “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

I am not that good with this system yet but if you go to coach Stig's web sight and scroll down to last year's winter work outs you can veiw that standards set last year along with records set and help. Don't know if that is changing or not. Have heard that some new records where already set Friday the first day of testing.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            I am not that good with this system yet but if you go to coach Stig's web sight and scroll down to last year's winter work outs you can veiw that standards set last year along with records set and help. Don't know if that is changing or not. Have heard that some new records where already set Friday the first day of testing.
            Thanks for the tip. You can now compare last years results to this years which will probably be posted early next week. Only nine players qualified last Spring for Iron Jack status. I'm hoping that some new names including a redshirt or two show up. Should give an indication as to how recent recruiting has gone and what's in the cupboard.

Comment

What is Stig's website?
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Where did you find last year's results on Stig's website? I couldn't find anything on there. Just news and notes, etc.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

www.coachstig.com

edit: direct link to last year's Iron Jacks, in a news release. No specifics of what lifts/standards though.

http://www.coachstig.com/jstig/artic...eId=1013&Id=65

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    What is Stig's website?

www.coachstig.com
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
                      www.coachstig.com

edit: direct link to last year's Iron Jacks, in a news release. No specifics of what lifts/standards though.

http://www.coachstig.com/jstig/artic...eId=1013&Id=65

After you click on the above link you'll go to the site where it has a picture of all athletes who were named Iron Jacks. At the end of the short story click on the high-lighted "more news" at the bottom. That will then take you to a whole list of articles. Scroll down to, 4-11-2007 (Jacks Conclude Winter Workouts ) Click on that and you will have complete results from last Spring.

Comment

Does anyone have knowledge of what the various strength and conditioning tests the football players must meet to be "Iron Jacks"?
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Does anyone have knowledge of what the various strength and conditioning tests the football players must meet to be "Iron Jacks"?
                          If you follow what rabid wrote right below your post it will take you directly to the requirements. They are further down the page. Hope this helps.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I heard that players were tested yesterday on the bench press and standing long jump. I know last year only two guys benched 400 or more. Does anyone know who or how many players exceeded that this year?

Comment

http://www.coachstig.com/jstig/artic...leId=847&Id=65

There is alot of information about last years workouts on the attached link.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Working...
                              X