Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Welcome To The Gateway From SIU

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    I suppose I have noticed a little bit of the "cockiness" from the NDSU folks but not all of them by any means. That probably comes with the undeniable tradition they have built up over the years and it has certainly continued at the FCS level.

The difference for me is that there may be some of that attitude but this rivalry has been kept very classy so far with both teams and their fans showing each other respect. That is what it is all about!

This rivalry is only going to continue to grow and I just don't see it gravitating to the way it was with SDSU/U. and NDSU/UND.

Looking forward to the basketaball games!

GO JACKS!

SUPERBUNNY

All I know is I had a blast talking with a bunch of Bison fans in the tailgating area before the football game this year. Yeah, they were a little cocky, but I'm sure we would be too with a #1 ranked team and only one loss in two seasons.

I don't see them so much as the snobby rich kid, moreso the cocky teammate that can usually back it up, but sometimes gets a little too big a head and needs to be put in his place. I.E., the football game this year at CAS.

I know, you guys just played bad though...

Couldn't ask for a better partner through the transition or a more enjoyable rivalry than we've had the last few years.

Comment

Wait a frickin' minute!

There ain't a gotdammed thing about UNI football that is snobby or pretentious or "rich kid" or arrogant. UNI fans respect all other fans and just happen to follow a very powerful football team that wins a lot. They have a classy coach who instills maturity and graciousness and humility in everything they accomplish. I find it HIGHLY disingenuous of anyone, especially SIU fans, to start this "UNI is high and mighty" bullsh*t with a new conference brother.

We've had SIU's number more than they've had ours and talk about UNI being some holier-than-thou rogue program is simply patently jealous bullcrap.

SDSU fans - I think you know better. This is very disappointing. Don't become the new Youngstown or Southern Illinois. Let's just play the games and revel in our renewed rivalry. UNI fans welcome it and we look forward to decades of fun and excitement on and around the field.

SMFH @ SIU fans........

Comment

Originally posted by CapnCat View Post
        Wait a frickin' minute!

There ain't a gotdammed thing about UNI football that is snobby or pretentious or "rich kid" or arrogant. UNI fans respect all other fans and just happen to follow a very powerful football team that wins a lot. They have a classy coach who instills maturity and graciousness and humility in everything they accomplish. I find it HIGHLY disingenuous of anyone, especially SIU fans, to start this "UNI is high and mighty" bullsh*t with a new conference brother.

We've had SIU's number more than they've had ours and talk about UNI being some holier-than-thou rogue program is simply patently jealous bullcrap.

SDSU fans - I think you know better. This is very disappointing. Don't become the new Youngstown or Southern Illinois. Let's just play the games and revel in our renewed rivalry. UNI fans welcome it and we look forward to decades of fun and excitement on and around the field.

SMFH @ SIU fans........

Just a note of support for UNI. I am an old guy. I recall when Buck Starbuck, a legend player at SDSU, ran a very good football program at a place called Iowa Teachers, that later became State College of Iowa and then the UNI as its currently known. I recall people poking fun of the fact that UNI changed their names maybe three times in 10 years, but never once did we ever disrepect the football team the Panthers put on the field even in the old NCC you guys were very good. This year even though SDSU lost to UNI, I felt we lost to a better team. Of all the home games, the UNI game seemed to be one where the officals were invisible because they made good calls, we just were out played. I think as we are finding out in the Summit League for BB, the Gateway Conference is going to be the best competition that SDSU has faced in history. We are not in any position to poke fun at any of the conference members of the Gateway. We need to learn and respect and be gratiful that UNI voted both SDSU and NDSU into the Gateway. I certainly understand your disappointment in the above posts.

Comment

Working...
        X