Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SDSU on Nebraska's schedule 2010

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    I say to all State fans let's try to paint as much BLUE in a sea of Red as we can! If you have buddies on the fence convince them it's a once in a lifetime chance for the Jacks to take on the Huskers(as it probably will be the last time we play them in a very very very long time!)!
    You are right on the money. THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY! Plus, it is only a few hour drive for most Jackrabbit fans.

I hope this turns into a few times in a lifetime opportunity but there is a push to improve the out-of-conference schedule in Lincoln and that may very well mean the Jacks won't get the call again. All I know, is it is on for September 25th and I'm going to be there with my blue on cheering the Jacks as they take on my Huskers. Yes, I'm a fan of both but home is where the heart is and I live in the Jackrabbit Nation!

We'll see you there!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Here's a little snippet that talks about the experience in Memorial Stadium:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...o-play#page/11

I see Red people! Can't wait to see some blue in there!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

You might still be able to sit with Jacks fans, WNAX is putting a bus trip together. Click on the link below and go about 3/4 of the way down.

http://wnax.com/pages/7491689.php?

I also see the AA is doing an event before the game - not part of the WNAX trip

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Comment

Thanks for the link LakeJack! I just was able to confirm this week that I will be at this game! Four of us (one being a current SDSU players father) were planning on driving but the bus trip might be more to our liking, plus we'd love to support it. And I'd love the chance to connect w/ other "Jack-backers". I dream of the day where many more trips like this are a possibilty.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
            Thanks for the link LakeJack! I just was able to confirm this week that I will be at this game! Four of us (one being a current SDSU players father) were planning on driving but the bus trip might be more to our liking, plus we'd love to support it. And I'd love the chance to connect w/ other "Jack-backers". I dream of the day where many more trips like this are a possibilty.
            Glad to help, see you in Lincoln

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you guys come to Lincoln. If there's anything you need to know about Lincoln or the gameday experience, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Alum-Ni View Post
                Looking forward to seeing you guys come to Lincoln. If there's anything you need to know about Lincoln or the gameday experience, let me know.

There actually is one VERY important thing I need to know about his game....what frickin time does it start???
                I've heard everything from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm and in-between.

Go Jacks!!
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  There actually is one VERY important thing I need to know about his game....what frickin time does it start???
                  I've heard everything from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm and in-between.

Go Jacks!!
                  No one knows yet, not even the Nebraska folk. I need to know as well but I guess I will just wait until I hear.

Comment

I heard Nebraska is trying to buy this game out.

Sorry I had to.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      I heard Nebraska is trying to buy this game out.

Sorry I had to.
                      Haven't heard that one...Isn't it getting pretty late to be doing that? Is there a deadline for this?

Comment

running joke, now anyways.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                          running joke, now anyways.
                          ok now I'm feeling stupid!!

Comment

I have not heard a start time yet either. You can bet this game will be carried on pay-per-view. All PPV games at Nebraska start at either 11:30 a.m. or 6:00 p.m., so it should be one of those two. The only variable in this would be if the Big 12 decides it wants to pick this game up in its TV coverage package and put it on FSN or Versus. I don't think though that being picked up by the Big 12 is very likely as the other league games going on that day include:

Miami (OH) at Missouri
                            Central Florida at Kansas State
                            Oklahoma at Cincinnati
                            UCLA at Texas
                            New Mexico State at Kansas
                            Northern Iowa at Iowa State
                            Baylor at Rice

I would expect an announcement on a start time very, very soon regarding this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Alum-Ni View Post
                              I have not heard a start time yet either. You can bet this game will be carried on pay-per-view. All PPV games at Nebraska start at either 11:30 a.m. or 6:00 p.m., so it should be one of those two. The only variable in this would be if the Big 12 decides it wants to pick this game up in its TV coverage package and put it on FSN or Versus. I don't think though that being picked up by the Big 12 is very likely as the other league games going on that day include:

Miami (OH) at Missouri
                              Central Florida at Kansas State
                              Oklahoma at Cincinnati
                              UCLA at Texas
                              New Mexico State at Kansas
                              Northern Iowa at Iowa State
                              Baylor at Rice

I would expect an announcement on a start time very, very soon regarding this game.
                              I agree with what you are saying with a few of those games but we beat Northern Iowa last year and there is no doubt in my mind we would beat New Mexico State. They are awful.

My money is on the 6:00 start. To get all of the Homecoming festivities done by 11:30 would be pretty tough. 1:00 maybe but can't see a kick before noon.

Looking forward to the game but it will feel a little weird wearing blue into the Land of the Red!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

does anyone know if a 4 yr old would need a ticket to get in the game or could she sit on someones lap?

Comment

Working...
                                X