John Stiegelmeier is a finalists for Coach of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: John Stiegelmeier is a finalists for Coach of the Year

The voting for Coach Stig is not going good. We know who he is and what he deserves, but for some reason the video does not play when you click on his picture. Did SDSU not furnish one or am I not doing it right. Coach Stig is in 5th place and earlier to day he was at third so don't know what is going on in terms of voting. Everyone needs to vote.

Comment

I've voted about 30 times, with my multiple email addresses - you can vote up to four times with each. It says he was moved into fourth place, but it is not updated on the standings yet. Keep it up guys, it does not take long - once you vote the first time, hit back, and it's all filled in still so you just have to hit "submit vote" again. Keep doing that until you have maxed out your votes.

Comment

You can vote once a day in each division as you could in the prior poll, so don't forget to vote every day!

Comment

I've voted (four times as recommended) and submitted my comments. I thought it said Stig was in fifth when I signed on but it now shows 4th.

Comment

@JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              I've voted (four times as recommended) and submitted my comments. I thought it said Stig was in fifth when I signed on but it now shows 4th.
              He seems to be bouncing between 4th and 5th tonight. Their website must be getting pretty overloaded because I can't get it to open now.

On a side note, congrats JD on the 2000th post.

Comment

Hey, had not noticed passed the 2000 mark. Hmmm...spending too much time on the Message Board.

Comment

Just got a friend to vote too - Up to third as of those votes!

Comment

I found out that you can text your vote too.

Here is how you do it!

Your cell phone can double as a voting machine. Just text the first four letters
                    of the coach’s last name to 80108 and your vote will be recorded.
                    Example: To vote for J. Stiegelmeier, text "STIE" to 80108.

You can vote once a day with this.

Comment

This is what I wrote on the voting message.

I also voted 20 times with various emails.

Coach Stig is not only an amazing coach but he is an amazing person. I had the privilege to play for him and to coach for him and through that I became friends with him. He shows high schoolers opportunities of the gifts God gave them and applies it to football and to life and by doing that they become men and have the right tools to carry them through life. He is always trying to improve you as a person not only on the field but off it too. He is one of the most honest men I have ever met and he willing to take chances with athletes because he sees the best in them and he is willing to help them. I am honored to be his friend and if he does not get this award he will still be one of the most influential men that have been in my life and in the life of many others in the city of Brookings and at South Dakota State University. And he will continue to do that for many more years.

Comment

I don't know if anyone noticed this but at the bottom of the "Read More" page for Stig http://coachoftheyear.com/finalists.aspx?coach_id=200 is two different options for direct links to his voting page. They are in graphic form. Maybe one of you guys with some leverage in the athletic department could get that image link on GoJacks.com, or maybe Filbert can get one on SDSUfans.com. I don't know, just throughing some ideas out there.

Comment

Don't forget to vote for Coach Stig today. On a side note I don't think you need a valid e-mail to vote. I made one up to see what would happen and it took all 4 votes.

Go State!!!
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Guys over on the AGS board are making me sick, saying the coaches nominated are wrong, and that the Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year in the FCS is obviously a joke, because the winniest coaches aren't on the ballot, or that there coach finished 2nd in the fan vote, but Coach Stig at SDSU finished 13th, but still makes finalist. So I posted this:

All of you are looking to much into the win column, most of you stating why your coach should be listed and not the others are only talking about winning, there are other more important things when it comes to winning this award, like developing top notch citizens, graduating players, high team GPA, stewardship, things I personally think Coach Stig at SDSU is very well established in. He finished 13th in the fan vote, but he's a finalist, does that mean he shouldn't be considered for a top 5 finalist. We here at SDSU enjoy winning as much as all you all, but I think we are one of the last Universities and program that still puts a great emphasis on our athlete's academics and citizenship. Hell our Women's Basketball team has finished with the top team GPA in the country for 2 straight years now, a title which all Jack's fan are very proud of, yet we are still the first University to make the postseason, that is still in transition from D-II. I can't believe one of you said this award is a joke in the FCS, these coaches obviously have made great strides at their programs in categories other than winning, and still win. There are more important things just winning gentlemen.

Comment

I just voted 3 times with my various e-mail addresses. Coach is in 3rd right now.
                              An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                              US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Does anyone have a link to read the stories people are writing about Stig??

Comment

Working...
                                X