Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dakota Marker highlights on YouTube

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
    Calling Koenig a "prancing RB" is bad enough...but Roehl got worked over in that game. He got drilled by our LBs and coughed up the ball, plus only averaged about 2.5 yards for the game. He was absolutely a non-factor and was shut down by our D.
    On the fumble play, Roehl was obliterated by Jimmy Rogers. If you watch, Roehl looks like he doesn't know where he is as he's collapsing without the ball.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Roehl is a great back, no question about it. We'd be silly to claim otherwise. But in the game, when it was crunch time, he coughed up the ball in a crucial spot. And, when the Jacks most needed Koenig on fourth and one, he took it 42 yards to the end zone ... prancing or not. (Which, for the record, he wasn't. He did, though, lower his shoulder, lower the boom and shrug off the defenders.) Another afternoon, the tables could have been turned as far as which running back had the better game, but that's how it went for this season. Koenig, by the way, translates to "king" in German. That tidbit must be worth something, eh?

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
      Calling Koenig a "prancing RB" is bad enough...but Roehl got worked over in that game. He got drilled by our LBs and coughed up the ball, plus only averaged about 2.5 yards for the game. He was absolutely a non-factor and was shut down by our D.
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Yeah, I think the coaches made a commitment to stop Roehl and the run game and deal with everything else. We were able to shut down their running game and that led us to a win. They had some receivers open on play-action, but fortunately we were able to limit those opportunities.

Comment

Working...
        X