Congrats Jacks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congrats Jacks!

Sunday morning when I woke up, I still felt like I was living a dream...What a day. Sat in church and didn't hear a thing, kept thinking about the game.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      MJA, this has got to put a huge smile on the faces of all former players! We have had some great teams that just couldn't quite get over the top in the NCC but that monkey is off our back now!

Can't quit smiling! Got a serious case of perma-grin!!!

SUPERBUNNY
      Coach Stig recruited me when I was a junior in high school and he was a Def-Cord under Coach Daly. He coached me as the linebackers coach in college and later his first two seasons as head coach. I have a lot of loyalty to Coach Stig. As much as anything, I'm just happy for him for this win. He's had his ups and downs and his critics and supporters and has weathered it all. He is truly one of the good guys in coaching and its nice to have a good guy finish first for a change.

By the way, I had my wife's family in town for the weekend. Spent the entire day asking them over and over "did you hear about the Jacks win today?" I even woke my youngest daughter yelling when the interception sealed the deal at the end of the game. Man, what a win for SDSU!
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
        MJA, this has got to put a huge smile on the faces of all former players! We have had some great teams that just couldn't quite get over the top in the NCC but that monkey is off our back now!

Can't quit smiling! Got a serious case of perma-grin!!!

SUPERBUNNY
        I hear you.

It's contagious, evidently. I've been smiling all day.

MJA,
        I never played for coach Stig, and really can't say I know him, but I have met him on a few occassions, and I came away, like you said with the impression of what a good person he is.

He seems to be well liked by everyone around him. That's a good sign of solid leadership.
        Last edited by da_coach; 11-19-2007, 10:25 AM. Reason: forgot a word.

Comment

Working...
        X