Congrats Jacks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congrats Jacks!

I have been watching SDSU FB for almost 40 years and I told a young man sitting next to me this was the best game I have ever scene at CAS. (even better than the one against USD in the mid 80's when thye were ranked #1 or #2) THIS WAS BIG-TIME FOOTBALL. Conrats to Stig and the team. They have a lot to be proud of.

Met some members of the forum today and had a great talk. The SDSU family is a great place to be.

The interesting thing about today was that after the game, no one wanted to leave. I haven't seen that kind of support or attitude for years. It was great. Daughter called after the game and said she got to rush the field to be with her friends on the team. This is beginning to sound like one of those old DeSmet Farm Mutual commercial where they talk about "a lot of great memories".

This post has wondered, but I am still so excited about this last week and couldn't be prouder of our Jacks. NDSU, what a great rivalry and friendship.

Comment

Originally posted by rodrawks View Post

I had several fun conversations with some class act Bison fans before, during and after the game....props to you guys for your dedication to the Bison, it was amazingly fun having you in town! Man, never seen an away team with that big a crowd....it was intense!
      I'll echo those comments. Had a great time chatting with Bison fans before the game. Confident but respectful bunch, just wish I could have made it back out there after the game to chat it up again, I was too busy watching the on-field festivities though.

Great season Bison fans, amazing to think that next year could be an even bigger game considering the playoffs will be on the line as well!

Comment

The Jackrabbits still have a big hurdle to get over -- winning at Fargo. What's it been? 30 years? Think of the build up to the game next year (here's the potential) 1) for the Gateway title; 2) for the Dakota Marker and 3) for SDSU's first win in Fargo in a long time.

Comment

Is anyone else's voice shelled? I can barely talk today!
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Yeah, I can't talk all that well and there are blisters on my knuckles from shaking my cowbell. Its been a great reminder of the fun.
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Since I wasnt there my voice is okay. But my dog freaked out every time I started yelling and cheering at the computer screen.

Comment

My congratulations on a great victory. I was telling everybody all week that the Jacks were scary good. Some didn't believe me but they do now. There is no shame in losing to a great team who makes the big plays when they need them.

Next year things get real interesting in the Gateway. Our two programs added to the existing Gateway will make it a brutal conference season. You have to play the best to be the best.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernBison View Post
                  My congratulations on a great victory. I was telling everybody all week that the Jacks were scary good. Some didn't believe me but they do now. There is no shame in losing to a great team who makes the big plays when they need them.

Next year things get real interesting in the Gateway. Our two programs added to the existing Gateway will make it a brutal conference season. You have to play the best to be the best.
                  The best thing is that next year our teams will be eligible to compete for the national championship!

It only gets better folks!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernBison View Post
                    You have to play the best to be the best.
                    Except in Meierkort land.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                      Is anyone else's voice shelled? I can barely talk today!

Mine is starting to come back, I did manage a couple of yells at the womens game today.

Comment

Slowly but surely mine is coming back... I can actually sing a few notes without sounding like a teenager in puberty!
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Looks like I should have been in Brooking instead of Iowa City for a football game. Sounded like a great game.

Do have one question - Is NDSU not eligible for the playoffs? Can't believe the single loss to the Jacks would take them out of the playoffs.
                          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

NDSU and SDSU are not eligible due to the transition. We'll both be eligible next season.

The DI FCS first round pairing were announced yesterday. I saw them run across the ticker on ESPN and didn't pay close attention. I believe at least one team as the same record as the Jackrabbits, 7-4.

Comment

What a game. I'm still in a state of euphoria...
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                                What a game. I'm still in a state of euphoria...

MJA, this has got to put a huge smile on the faces of all former players! We have had some great teams that just couldn't quite get over the top in the NCC but that monkey is off our back now!

Can't quit smiling! Got a serious case of perma-grin!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X