X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here we go "SU" fans!!!!

BEAUTIFUL!!

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...19/1002/SPORTS

CAS is going to be rocking this Saturday afternoon!!

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I know we can win this game. I think it will come down to the same factors that all games between fairly evenly matched teams come down to. Turnovers, field position/special teams and penalties. We have a plus 12 turnover margin this year and I know NDSU has had some games where they have turned it over, advantage SDSU. Both teams have excellent punters but one is use to punting in a dome, advantage SDSU. I'll take our kicker at CAS over anybody elses, even if he has struggled some this year, advantage SDSU. Didn't check the boxscore but I think NDSU had quite a few penalties against Poly last week. Our O-line has been well disciplined with very few false starts and very few holds. However, we had a bunch of penalties on special teams last week. I think this one is a wash.

So, I like our chances as they apply to these factors. If we play our game we should win this thing. Gotta get the lead and prevent the big play, something Poly failed to do. Sounds like it was a coaching mistake, we won't have that.

Can't wait for this weekend. I plan to be waiting for the lot to open at 10 am. See you all there.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        BEAUTIFUL!!

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...19/1002/SPORTS

CAS is going to be rocking this Saturday afternoon!!

Go Jacks!!
        I believe propar80 was specifically excited about this tidbit from the article:

It's also a hot ticket. SDSU ticket manager Christi Williams said that the reserved section is sold out, and that a record crowd is definitely possible.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          I believe propar80 was specifically excited about this tidbit from the article:

Yeah Buddy!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I've been excited for this game for about 3 weeks. There will be about 15 body painters in our group, expect something good from us

Comment

We need you to get students to the freakin' game! I don't know why student support sometimes lacks, but we can't have that this weekend. Let's not let the Bison make it a home game. Tell students they are needed and, for a change, get them off their butts. (Present company excluded, of course.) What better do they have to do. I hope word is getting out to the students that this should be a good game and support is greatly needed.

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
              I've been excited for this game for about 3 weeks. There will be about 15 body painters in our group, expect something good from us
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

We are set for the 94th meeting of the Jacks and Bison at Coughlin Alumni Stadium.

Interesting info about the Jacks/Bison -

First game - 1903
                Playing every year since 1920 (without WWII years)
                Founding members of the NCC (may it rest in peace)
                Last Jacks win 2004 @ CAS
                Last Bison win 2006 @ FargoDome

Last Jacks Conference title 1963
                Last Bison Conference title 2006

Last Jacks play-off participation 1979
                Last Bison play-off participation ???? (certain a Bison fan will fix)

None of the Jacks top ten attended games occurred in Nov. (let's shatter that!)

Jacks are in our typical role vs Bison, as spoilers.....

Know that both Bison and Jacks are ineligible for the post season this year, but.....
                Jacks would achieve the requested (practically required) 7 D-I wins with a victory needed to be in the selection pool.
                Bison are out to be undefeated in D-I. They would be in play-offs IF ELIGIBLE regardless of out come.

Trip up the Bovines, Bunnies!!!!

Comment

2000 was the last playoff appearance. We won out in the region beating UNO and NWMSU on the road and then we were forced to travel to Delta state* for the "Kitty Litter Bowl".

*hosted a D2 playoff game on an unplayable field
                  www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Saturday schedule,

Kegs and beer 9 AM to 11 AM @ Cubby's.

Tailgate opens at 10 AM to gametime.

1 PM the Bison butt kicking starts.

Post game celebrations all over Brookings.

Bison burgers are the specials all week at Cubby's

Go big, go blue, go Jacks

Comment

Oh the students will be there in full force, students have been talkin about this game all year on campus, I have overheard students who are just the casual or less SDSU fan answer the question of when is the NDSU game, and answer November 17th since September. We will be there, and we will be loud.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever View Post
                        Oh the students will be there in full force, students have been talkin about this game all year on campus, I have overheard students who are just the casual or less SDSU fan answer the question of when is the NDSU game, and answer November 17th since September. We will be there, and we will be loud.
                        You're damn right we'll be loud. I can't wait till Saturday, I've been counting down the days since Hobo Day.

The South will rise again! Go Jacks!!!

Comment

I like this rivalry. All the competition but not as much of the hate and uglyness that existed with UND. I also like the fact that I can take my family to this away game and not have to worry about a riot breaking out afterwards. I think there is a great deal of respect towards one another. Now that I'm done with the lovefest I must say I will be completely devasted if SDSU wins this game.

Comment

Originally posted by b1sonmike View Post
                            I like this rivalry. All the competition but not as much of the hate and uglyness that existed with UND. I also like the fact that I can take my family to this away game and not have to worry about a riot breaking out afterwards. I think there is a great deal of respect towards one another. Now that I'm done with the lovefest I must say I will be completely devasted if SDSU wins this game.
                            Where can I buy you a drink and offer consolation after the game?
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Where can I buy you a drink and offer consolation after the game?
                              Thanks for the offer but I know I won't be needing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                                Saturday schedule,

Kegs and beer 9 AM to 11 AM @ Cubby's.

Tailgate opens at 10 AM to gametime.

1 PM the Bison butt kicking starts.

Post game celebrations all over Brookings.

Bison burgers are the specials all week at Cubby's

Go big, go blue, go Jacks
                                Sounds like a winner...but just to be clear...the game time was pushed back to 2 pm, correct?
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X