The PRIDE IS BACK! (FOR NDSU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PRIDE IS BACK! (FOR NDSU)

So you guys would rather have the band play for 1 football game in Nov then to play in the rose bowl parade? Kind of selfish of you to think that. What a great opportunity for the band and school and your still pissed about it? Get over it. Oh and the comment about the band leadership, if not for those in charge this school would never have had a marching band as good as you see. Honestly you see a band of over 300 members where with the school size it should be bout half that. What would people be saying if the last game of the year was against William Penn and we never had a shot at winning the conference? Honestly most of you wouldn’t be at the game either. The football team say in the last 43 years really hasn’t given us a reason to be there or think otherwise until the last season or 2. Some make it seem like it was a bad thing that the band had to get ready for a major trip to the worlds largest parade. Do you know why the band picks the rose bowl to play for? It’s because they can reach hundreds of millions of people and give them a little flavor of SDSU that you would not get else where. It’s not for the band to boost its own ego like i'm sure many of you think. They had ideas for the band that would have been more fun for a trip and they chose the rose bowl to get SDSU some more national exposure. It’s not like the football team will be making it to any major bowl games to get some publicity where the band has that ability. I think there are plenty of SDSU supporters who were extremely proud watching the band in the rose bowl. Did any one who was upset with the bands decision boycott watching um during the parade?

Second the band has to use its members to start preparing the concert band and pep bands. If you didn’t realize or care, but it’s the same members who are in the marching band who make up the concert band that needs to practice for graduation and pep bands play for basketball. If you want, i’m sure McKinney could get a good 150 members who are not involved with any other activity out side of the band and use them just for a marching band. of course they shows would not be nearly as good or impressive but for you stubborn alumni who only care about their way would get a marching band at every game. I hope in time you guys realize what jerks you have been. Now I think my rant is over.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Being in the Rose Bowl parade was a huge honor for The Pride and was great for SDSU! No question!

The Pride brought this mess upon themselves when it was apparent they were not going to play the NDSU game. That changed, they played, and lets all give them credit for playing at the most important game in SDSU history in front of a record crowd!

Uggghhhhhh, can't we just move on?

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Amen! Let's move on... especially since some folks on here just can't seem to let this go.

Let's use our energy towards more constructive things... like suporting the teams, and making fun of the USD pups!

Seriously, the fact you guys are still on this topic and are NOT moving on concerns me. I thought this was all put to rest back in November. For the love of Yaweh... GET OFF YOUR CRUCIFIX!!!

Seriously, though... could we shut this thread down? It's getting annoying when the same folks say the same thing ad nauseum about a topic that was resolved LAST YEAR!!!

Wanna still hash on this? Then follow the advice of the Church of the Sub-Genius... start your own damn message board!
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Time to summon the threadkiller!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
            Amen! Let's move on... especially since some folks on here just can't seem to let this go.

Let's use our energy towards more constructive things... like suporting the teams, and making fun of the USD pups!

Seriously, the fact you guys are still on this topic and are NOT moving on concerns me. I thought this was all put to rest back in November. For the love of Yaweh... GET OFF YOUR CRUCIFIX!!!

Seriously, though... could we shut this thread down? It's getting annoying when the same folks say the same thing ad nauseum about a topic that was resolved LAST YEAR!!!

Wanna still hash on this? Then follow the advice of the Church of the Sub-Genius... start your own damn message board!
            the SubGenius MUST HAVE SLACK!!!
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

My last post on this I promise...

This topic will never die because the leadership will do their best to bring it back, if not in 2008, sometime shortly after. By the way I love how some have come here and bitched about beating a dead horse yet their petty fights with other members overtake thread after thread. The horse jumped up and kicked again when a marching band played at halftime of the Packer Giant game.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Here's my final thought. Email Governor Rounds and President Chicoine and tell them you'd like to see them travel to the NDSU football game at the end of this year.

Comment

Every time I read this thread I think of the comedian on the Bob and Tom Show that does the "Flute Man Greg" skit. For whatever the reason, the posters siding with the band remind me of Greg.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                    Here's my final thought. Email Governor Rounds and President Chicoine and tell them you'd like to see them travel to the NDSU football game at the end of this year.
                    I would have loved to travel to away games.
                    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Where's Catchem when we need him? Please tell me he isn't betting again. Last time cost him 6 months or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by m11jacks View Post
                        Where's Catchem when we need him? Please tell me he isn't betting again. Last time cost him 6 months or something like that.
                        What???

My thread killing skills seem to have wained. Someone else will have to take over.
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Thread killing is somewhat related to thread count (both have the word thread in them). Interesting reading over the weekend on how to find the best sheets. If the sheets are made with two-ply, or even 4-ply thread, the thread count can be greatly exagerated over how many actual threads arew woven together in a square inch of fabric. Threfore, in regards to the quality of a bed sheet, thread count is not the be all and end all. End All. see how that comes back full circle to killing this thread.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                            Thread killing is somewhat related to thread count (both have the word thread in them). Interesting reading over the weekend on how to find the best sheets. If the sheets are made with two-ply, or even 4-ply thread, the thread count can be greatly exagerated over how many actual threads arew woven together in a square inch of fabric. Threfore, in regards to the quality of a bed sheet, thread count is not the be all and end all. End All. see how that comes back full circle to killing this thread.
                            I like sleeping on 300-thread count bedsheets... much more comfy!
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                              Me, I prefer a good strong 1 ply toilet paper to 2 ply. The 2ply just tends to seperate and then I'm left with twice as much flimsy paper in my hand. Which is just never good.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

When I was in school, I used to joke that our toilet paper was like John Wayne... rough, tough, and didn't take sh!t from anyone!
                                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                                X