Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PRIDE IS BACK! (FOR NDSU)

Originally posted by wr54 View Post
    and our uniforms are currently being dry cleaned for the Rose parade. !
    Wear civilian clothes, we don't care.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Mckinney does care though, He would rather not put out a show if it is not a going to be a perfect show. The band has a lot of work to do to get ready for a historic opertunity and they want to be completely ready for it. They have uniforms to clean, songs to practice and marching to prepare for the 7 mile parade. I wish they were going to be at the game as much as any one but dont fault the band that its the last game in nov and the pride traditionally never plays that game. If people are going to be upset at anyone it should be the people doing the schedule for putting this game last. put if after hobo days or when its nice out and schedule like a georgia southern or a texas school to fill out the schedule and give the team an advantage of playing schools from the south at the end of the year in the cold.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        If people are going to be upset at anyone it should be the people doing the schedule for putting this game last. put if after hobo days or when its nice out and schedule like a georgia southern or a texas school to fill out the schedule and give the team an advantage of playing schools from the south at the end of the year in the cold.
        They schedule a game like this at the end of the year because - a. it will bring in a much needed gate (i.e. $$$) at the end of the year and b. DI schools typically schedule rival games for the last or next to last weekend of they year. The early "named" games draw a big crowd regardless, so why would we waste a guaranteed 12,000+ night on NDSU when we can hope to draw a big number in November.

OK, back to the Pride discussion.

P.S. not picking at you goon, just putting my clarification on your statement.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I think the game will be fine without the Pride. One bonus is the extra seats for some rowdy student fans.

As an a Pride alum, I can say that I was always dissapointed (and still am) how little music is played in the stands and the that the band wasn't at the late games in full force. I seem to remember having volunteer bands at least, but I guess that has ended.

Yes the band is a seperate entity from the football team, but football games are a large part of the purpose of a college marching band. If they were in competitions, it would be different. No football No band.

While the current Pride era has been great, I hope the program takes it to the next level. And I'm not reffering to equipment or how many are in the band.

PS - if it wasn't for the 5 years in the Pride playing for the games, I doubt I would be on this board today

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Mckinney does care though, He would rather not put out a show if it is not a going to be a perfect show. The band has a lot of work to do to get ready for a historic opertunity and they want to be completely ready for it. They have uniforms to clean, songs to practice and marching to prepare for the 7 mile parade. I wish they were going to be at the game as much as any one but dont fault the band that its the last game in nov and the pride traditionally never plays that game. If people are going to be upset at anyone it should be the people doing the schedule for putting this game last. put if after hobo days or when its nice out and schedule like a georgia southern or a texas school to fill out the schedule and give the team an advantage of playing schools from the south at the end of the year in the cold.
            The Pride will be at the game. See the email from President Chicoine that says they will.

Wear your Rose Parade jackets. I've seen Pride members all over campus wearing them.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              The Pride will be at the game. See the email from President Chicoine that says they will.

Wear your Rose Parade jackets. I've seen Pride members all over campus wearing them.
              I'm guessing that the Pride members would be asked to wear their Rose Bowl jackets for the NDSU game.

Comment

Or their warmers.

Comment

I am glad this was worked out. It will be a championship game with a very loud Bison following. What will make it more interesting, is the Bison come from behind win at Cal Poly. Last play of the game. We need to be there to support our Jacks. Hopefully there will be a different officating crew as the SUU bunch were horrible in my opinion.

I myself have been a resentful towards Prof McKinney and how his marching band seems to be the main attraction for some folks, but based on the explanation from the President's office I sense he is a perfectionist when doing these half time shows. That is understandable and as was stated they are students too, but students pay activity fees to see athletic events. Why do they choose to stay away? Being in the band not being in the band, staying away is not getting your money's worth.

I think if the band is there thats an acceptable compromise. Now its up to the fans to show up. I think a bunch of us let our football guys down for the SUU game by not showing up. Or was it because the Pride did not perform?

Comment

Something that made me laugh...I'm currently watching the half-time show of the Packers-Giants game and in the background on the field...a marching band!!! Yeah...it's much too cold in November for the Pride to play.

Comment

I was thinking the exact same thing.
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Guys, there's such a thing as "beating a dead horse".

It's over... move on with your lives. You'll be better off for it!
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post

I say beat away. The pride is great, but they are THE PRIDE OF THE DAKOTAS, not the pride of the rose bowl parade.

I think the horse is still alive, until proven otherwise. lol

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post

That's a dead horse I don't mind see beaten a while longer. The arrogance of the band leadership still pisses me off!

Comment

I think the fact that you are still complaining about this says more about you than it does the band.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post
                                I say beat away. The pride is great, but they are THE PRIDE OF THE DAKOTAS, not the pride of the rose bowl parade.

I think the horse is still alive, until proven otherwise. lol

That is the new quote of the year. I'm adding it to my message line!
                                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                                X