NDSU tix--online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU tix--online?

I purchased late Monday morning...in section K (20 yard line). I was told sales were very 'steady'. Like many who read this message board, I'm predicting a new attendance record at Coughlin: 17,050.

I'm approaching this game just like going to see the Vikings at the old Met Stadium: I won't care about the weather because I'll bring enough clothing to take anything.

Predictions: At the half, NDSU 14, SDSU 0. At the end: SDSU 28, NDSU 21.

(Edited: had to go back and correct my misspelling...sales were STEADY.)
    Last edited by JackJD; 10-30-2007, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      I won't care about the weather because I'll bring enough clothing to take anything.
      Exactly...."bad weather" has always been a "bad excuse" in my opinion. In fact, snow and cold and rain and sleet and hail make the game more fun, I think.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

If people can hunt in bad weather, they sure as hell can come to a game in bad weather...Unless they are the "Pride of the Dakotas". It will be embarassing if/when NDSU brings more fans to the game than SDSU has.

Comment

Big difference in our fans versus NDSU fans. They are obviously buying tickets at a very quick rate and are coming barring a blizzard that will close I-29 that weekend. Most of our fans will choose to wait to see what the weather is that day and decide then if they want to come.

Sorry for being honest but I'm afraid that is the truth. We had a hell of a showing of 2000-3000 fans last year up in Fargo for this game but I'm guessing that is the same number of true fans who will get their tickets early for this game. If that happens, then NDSU will blow us away in pre-game ticket sales.

Folks...wake up...NDSU just traveled 20,000-25,000 people to Minneapolis to watch their Bison beat the Gophers and they are now the #1 ranked team in the nation. I know not that many will likely come to Brookings but I can bet a good 10,000+ of them are going to try. If we let them, their will be more NDSU fans at the game than Jackrabbit fans.

Get online, buy 15+ reserved tickets like I just did and bring a load of your friends to the game!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            Big difference in our fans versus NDSU fans. They are obviously buying tickets at a very quick rate and are coming barring a blizzard that will close I-29 that weekend. Most of our fans will choose to wait to see what the weather is that day and decide then if they want to come.

Sorry for being honest but I'm afraid that is the truth. We had a hell of a showing of 2000-3000 fans last year up in Fargo for this game but I'm guessing that is the same number of true fans who will get their tickets early for this game. If that happens, then NDSU will blow us away in pre-game ticket sales.

Folks...wake up...NDSU just traveled 20,000-25,000 people to Minneapolis to watch their Bison beat the Gophers and they are now the #1 ranked team in the nation. I know not that many will likely come to Brookings but I can bet a good 10,000+ of them are going to try. If we let them, their will be more NDSU fans at the game than Jackrabbit fans.

Get online, buy 15+ reserved tickets like I just did and bring a load of your friends to the game!

STUDENTS!!!!

Please, Please, Please show up for this game. As a good friend of mine always says..."It don't cost nothin'"
            I'm not sure if we have many students on this board, but if there is, please get the word out that NDSU is bringing MASSES of fans and we need as many students there as possible
            It amazes me that I have to plead my case here, but as the seasons have proven, the majority of students just don't seem to be getting it.

Again, Please, Please, Please show up for this game!

Do we have to do a "pass the hat" at tailgating and announce the proceeds to a couple of students to get you there?? If so, let's do it...I'm in for $20.

Go Jacks!! - I know it's early, but it's time to get fired up for this one! NDSU is.
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Simple thought....Close off all the roads leading out of Brookings, allow the roads that come in but close off all out going traffic for the weekend.
              More students these days tend to go home for the weekends and miss out on some big events on campus. Enjoy the experience. I know I have and I get to graduate in the next year.

Comment

NDSU students will be there in force!! Personally, I know 12 of my rowdy friends will be in a van coming down I-29.

Comment

Originally posted by NDSUstudent View Post
                  NDSU students will be there in force!! Personally, I know 12 of my rowdy friends will be in a van coming down I-29.
                  Make sure you get there early enough to tailgate. I want to see that lot full of people in carharts and stocking caps!!
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                    STUDENTS!!!!

Please, Please, Please show up for this game. As a good friend of mine always says..."It don't cost nothin'"
                    I'm not sure if we have many students on this board, but if there is, please get the word out that NDSU is bringing MASSES of fans and we need as many students there as possible
                    It amazes me that I have to plead my case here, but as the seasons have proven, the majority of students just don't seem to be getting it.

Again, Please, Please, Please show up for this game!

Do we have to do a "pass the hat" at tailgating and announce the proceeds to a couple of students to get you there?? If so, let's do it...I'm in for $20.

Go Jacks!! - I know it's early, but it's time to get fired up for this one! NDSU is.
                    trust me propar, the body painters will be there in force. and we will be loud even if we are the only ones in the student section

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Make sure you get there early enough to tailgate. I want to see that lot full of people in carharts and stocking caps!!
                      Sounds like a plan! Need something to drink to stay warm!

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                        trust me propar, the body painters will be there in force. and we will be loud even if we are the only ones in the student section
                        The body painters would be there if it was a scrimmage in a cornfield I think what propar was saying is get the casual fan there.... the dedicated ones show up anyways its the casual fan you need to get there....

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

There are 12,000 NDSU Alums that live in the Twin Cities. That has something to do with the huge contingency of Bison fans that were at the dome. There are also 10's of thousands of alumni from Iowa and Wisconsin. It makes it hard for them to have a home field advantage. I'm sure there are a boatload for SDSU alums in the Twin Cities too.

Comment

Make sure to tell everyone that the reserved tickets are getting sold out so you better buy them before NDSU does. Buy them early and often!

Comment

Bluehatman should start a facebook group to try to get students aware of the NDSU game! Then have everyone invite their friends!

Comment

Originally posted by senator07 View Post
                                Bluehatman should start a facebook group to try to get students aware of the NDSU game! Then have everyone invite their friends!
                                Already taken care of for NDSU... plus we are telling people to buy more then they need to try and give some away.

Comment

Working...
                                X