UC Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UC Davis

I'll second everyone's opinion on being able to watch the game live. what a blast!

Stig's comments at the half were right on and thankfully the team rose to the challenge. As for the holding call on Koenig's run, if you are going to call that holding, a flag should have been thrown on every play. Technically it may have fit the rule, but I'm not sure I would even say that. To borrow a baseball phrase, if you aren't calling the corners in innings 1-8, you better not start in inning 9.

Loved the game. Now the work begins, we have to figure out how to get at least all the away games on TV. I think I'll be reviewing the budget because its going to take some dollars.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
      I'll second everyone's opinion on being able to watch the game live. what a blast!

Stig's comments at the half were right on and thankfully the team rose to the challenge. As for the holding call on Koenig's run, if you are going to call that holding, a flag should have been thrown on every play. Technically it may have fit the rule, but I'm not sure I would even say that. To borrow a baseball phrase, if you aren't calling the corners in innings 1-8, you better not start in inning 9.

Loved the game. Now the work begins, we have to figure out how to get at least all the away games on TV. I think I'll be reviewing the budget because its going to take some dollars.
      I looked at the Koenig TD play frame-by-frame just now. Our lineman's hand drifted lightly onto the back of the d-lineman, rested there a second, and then moved back to the front. A legal block had been made and Koenig was long gone before the alleged hold was flagged. Terrible call and I would note the umpire who was literally four feet away in the middle of the line didn't throw his flag. It was the ref behind the play who couldn't really see where our guys hands were.

That was weak.
      Last edited by JimmyJack; 10-28-2007, 10:19 AM.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I agree SDSU should be trying very hard to get next weeks game against Central Arkansas on Television.... the whole thing worked great...... As far as Parker, my friend who was an all state kicker said that its harder to get your footing for your plant foot in an artificial turf setting and he had problems with accuracy he said you can kick the ball allot further on field turf but unless your use to it you have problems with accuracy.... just what he told me so I don't think that Parker is on a downward slide or anything.... the game was great though even though SDSU let down a little bit in the second half.

Comment

Replay of the game showing on MidContinent now. About 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter. Hopefully they replay it all week!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
            I looked at the Koenig TD play frame-by-frame just now. Our lineman's hand drifted lightly onto the back of the d-lineman, rested there a second, and then moved back to the front. A legal block had been made and Koenig was long gone before the alleged hold was flagged. Terrible call and I would note the umpire who was literally four feet away in the middle of the line didn't throw his flag. It was the ref behind the play who couldn't really see where our guys hands were.

That was weak.
            I will go by your frame-by-frame review and revise my comment on it technically fitting the rule. There was no business in throwing that flag.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

From the Davis Enterprise

Broken play, streak: 37-year run ends with loss to Jackrabbits

By Michael Mirer/Enterprise staff writer

Published Oct 28, 2007 - 01:25:00 CDT.

The call was for a wide-receiver pass - an audacious trick play given that South Dakota State desperately didn't want to give the ball back to UC Davis' surging offense. But Aggie safety Brady McClendon had sniffed it out and had the intended target covered. So instead Chris Doblar tucked the ball away, cut back and sprinted the other way.

(read more)

http://www.davisenterprise.com/artic...ts/063spt0.txt
              An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
              US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                I will go by your frame-by-frame review and revise my comment on it technically fitting the rule. There was no business in throwing that flag.
                As you said, you could call that on every play if you chose to. If that call isn't made, and we line up and block everybody on the second field goal attempt, we win 38-21. Oh, well. That sort of speculation is for USD fans. We won. That's all that matters.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

May as well throw in the link from the Sacromento Bee as well. This story includes a list of the season records for the remarkable string of 37 winning seasons in a row.

http://www.sacbee.com/100/story/458189.html
                  An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                  US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Way to go, Jacks!

Comment

Hey Capn you coming to Brookings for either of the Jacks games against UNI for basketball? Men on the 23rd of November @ 7. Women on the 29th of December @ 7.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                        Hey Capn you coming to Brookings for either of the Jacks games against UNI for basketball? Men on the 23rd of November @ 7. Women on the 29th of December @ 7.
                        Prolly not, Hatter. Starting a new job in central Wisconsin soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post
                          Yeah 31 mil is a lot but you should have seen there last stadium. It wasnt up to most high school standards. I also think that the stadium was made to be easily expanded to over 20000.
                          Actually expandable to 32,000. I was at the game, a very nice setup. Jack fans got the typical DI seats for the visiting team, section as close to the end zone as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by cal_jack View Post
                            Actually expandable to 32,000. I was at the game, a very nice setup. Jack fans got the typical DI seats for the visiting team, section as close to the end zone as possible.
                            I have gotten the impression that the SDSU contingent liked the Davis stadium, but it's not the kind of thing we're looking at building. The message I got was that we could get more for $31 million than Davis did.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              The message I got was that we could get more for $31 million than Davis did.
                              I'm guessing that the same project would cost about 30% percent less in South Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
                                I'm guessing that the same project would cost about 30% percent less in South Dakota.
                                Yes, and I think the feeling was that it was an awful lot to pay to build an 11,700 seat stadium. Granted, it's expandable, but that's a whole new pile of money.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X