Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UC Davis

Originally posted by AggieSuomi View Post
    SDSU should be favored in this game. Our offense is clicking now with #12 QB Engle, but our defense is still discovering itself. We've got a lot of key players injured or out for the year. #99 DT Faletoese is questionable, #9 RB Joe Trombetta may or may not play, #32 FS Nero Evero is out, #1 WR Chris Carter is out, #3 QB Tim Plough is out, we lost #6 WR Chris Miller and #80 TE Brad Bispo for the year after Portland State, #22 CB Marcus North is probably out, #28 LB Tyler Pringle probably out, #54 LB David Heckman is probably out, we're really banged up, but the new guys stepped it up against Southern Utah, but had a rough opening outing against Cal Poly.

We'll stack the box to stop the run as best we can, but I think the Jacks will have some success on the ground. If Berry performs well they should score plenty. The question is whether or not we'll score plenty to compensate. Turnovers will be big in this game.

Shoud be a good game! Hope to see you guys at the Lot 30 Rec Pool tailgate with AggieSportsTalk.com.

Davis has to be carefull about stacking the box. SDSU scored on four long runs when Poly stack the box on third and short. They spread three WR and when their big hogs burried our d-line they were off to the races. SDSU has a very good offense.

Comment

Is there any chance we can watch this game online? I checked out their website, but it looks like they utilize CSTV. I'm guessing we won't get the feed through Jackrabbit Extra. Can anyone from Davis tell me if it's possible to watch the game online?

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitinTea View Post
        Is there any chance we can watch this game online? I checked out their website, but it looks like they utilize CSTV. I'm guessing we won't get the feed through Jackrabbit Extra. Can anyone from Davis tell me if it's possible to watch the game online?
        You can purchase the game for $7.95 through the UC Davis link to CSTV. CSTV gives an option to purchase a package or just a one game subscription.

Go State !!!
        “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
          Davis has to be carefull about stacking the box. SDSU scored on four long runs when Poly stack the box on third and short. They spread three WR and when their big hogs burried our d-line they were off to the races. SDSU has a very good offense.
          Ha! Careful, that's what we always do, we live and die defending the big play while stacking the box, Saturday will be no different. We'll work to stop the run first, then worry about Berry and Harris. We just gotta tackle the ball carrier first and maintain those off tackle corners...something we had trouble with against Cal Poly Fast.
          AGGIE PRIDE

Comment

No need to worry about fire - that's five to eight hours driving time away. The weather in Davis should be cooling a little by Saturday - mostly sunny and about 72 deg. The Aggies are still hurting with injuries but I haven't seen the injury report this week. I don't think anyone got seriously injured at Southern Utah. The defensive secondary is a weak spot and if you exploit that you will overcome any home field advantage.

Are you bringing your band? We will have both the Aggie Band-uh and the Alumni Band-uh for homecoming.

Comment

Ha! Careful, that's what we always do, we live and die defending the big play while stacking the box, Saturday will be no different. We'll work to stop the run first, then worry about Berry and Harris. We just gotta tackle the ball carrier first and maintain those off tackle corners...something we had trouble with against Cal Poly Fast.
              Don't forget about our big All-American tight end He could have a hayday with your defense.

Comment

I would like to see a little 4 wide with one back.... Harris, Doblar, Fox, Steffen, Wagner, Montague, ... I am probley forgetting a few but all of them have great ability Harris is the deep man but Doblar and Fox are streaky and Steffen though has seen little time is a great possession receiver, and Wagner well he is god, Montague seems to be finding a place also.... I think if UCD wants to win they have to score a lot on the defense which has been vulnerable at times and they are going to have to win the turnover game by 2 or more....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  I would like to see a little 4 wide with one back.... Harris, Doblar, Fox, Steffen, Wagner, Montague, ... I am probley forgetting a few but all of them have great ability Harris is the deep man but Doblar and Fox are streaky and Steffen though has seen little time is a great possession receiver, and Wagner well he is god, Montague seems to be finding a place also.... I think if UCD wants to win they have to score a lot on the defense which has been vulnerable at times and they are going to have to win the turnover game by 2 or more....
                  Another difficult formation to defend is when both Minnet and Koenig are in the backfield with Harris and Doblar split out and Wags lurking on the line. With our running game (thanks to the terrific play of the offensive line) teams have to respect that and they really don't have any cues as to what we'll do from that formation. Lots of options from that set, both run and pass and you have to respect both.

I also like Montague as an option. He's got good speed and sure hands.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                    Don't forget about our big All-American tight end He could have a hayday with your defense.
                    Yes! The SDSU TE's should be good weapons against us. We've got a couple of good TE's too, Luke McDonough and Dean Rogers, McDonough is more of a receiver, very athletic and fast, Rogers is young, but he has a ton of talent and blocks very well (he also works in at fullback). We've been screaming here in Davis to incorporate the TE more into the offense, we finally did some of it vs. SUU with Rogers making an exceptional athletic play almost finding the endzone. Our QB now, #12 Matt Engle, is really moving the ball around -- it's not the Tony Kays show anymore

The Jacks got weapons in the skill positions, but I think their biggest asset is across the Lines. Man, what's it gonna take to get some of those Midwest Hogs up front to come to UC Davis?

I wish out-of-state tuition wasn't so expensive @ UC Davis...orrrrr...we had more money to work with. Except for this stellar QB Sean Maraz out of Phoenix that we just recruited, everybody's in-state for UC Davis.
                    AGGIE PRIDE

Comment

Yes! The SDSU TE's should be good weapons against us. We've got a couple of good TE's too, Luke McDonough and Dean Rogers, McDonough is more of a receiver, very athletic and fast, Rogers is young, but he has a ton of talent and blocks very well (he also works in at fullback). We've been screaming here in Davis to incorporate the TE more into the offense, we finally did some of it vs. SUU with Rogers making an exceptional athletic play almost finding the endzone. Our QB now, #12 Matt Engle, is really moving the ball around -- it's not the Tony Kays show anymore

The Jacks got weapons in the skill positions, but I think their biggest asset is across the Lines. Man, what's it gonna take to get some of those Midwest Hogs up front to come to UC Davis?

I wish out-of-state tuition wasn't so expensive @ UC Davis...orrrrr...we had more money to work with. Except for this stellar QB Sean Maraz out of Phoenix that we just recruited, everybody's in-state for UC Davis.
                      Lots of really good players in California.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

This game should be high scoring like the Poly games, but SDSU finally turns it loose on the road and wins by at least 14. They are hungry for the GWFC title!!

Comment

Jacks up 7-0 on a Koenig 1/4 yard touchdown run.

Comment

Anyone online for the play by play today?

Comment

Watching on Midco, announcers are pretty good. Need to use the sideline reporter more often though, at least video. Haven't checked out WNAX so I don't know how the radio/TV match up.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Nice Stuff.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X