• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Predictions for Saturday

forgot my prediction

SDSU 27
    Poly 21

Attendance: 9124
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Passing attack is what scares me also. Very glad that we had the extra week to prepare. I don't make predictions very often, but will this week:

SDSU wins 28 - 24

And as for the little green guys, I don't care if they win by one or thirty, just win.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

GO STATES!!

Polly wants a cracker ... errr... win: 17
        State brotherhood: 28

Thundar'n Herd: 38
        13 striped ground squirrel: 28

Comment

Stig said on the coach's show this week that Cal Poly doesn't give you any pre-snap indications as far as run or pass so we'll have to play disciplined, straight up defense.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
            Barden scares the hell out of me. The only team we've faced this season who really threw it around, ended up really throwing it around on us (UNI). Our secondary is young, albeit very athletic. Barden has played well against us every year. This year he seems to have turned it up a notch to "3rd round draft pick" level. He's big, he's fast and he's averaging close to 120 a game (if memory serves me). He scares me more than any running back from Poly. Our d-line will keep the running game in check. They proved that against GSU who is much better at the run than Poly. However, even against GSU, there were WR's streaking down the field with an uncomfortable level of regularity (think to the 3 overthrows in the second half where a WR had 5 yards of space and just couldn't get to the ball).

I expect the Jacks to be more prepared against the pass, however, against Poly than GSU. I think against GSU you go into the game stopping the run and making them pass to beat you. Against Poly, you have to play it straight up. You hope you can stop the run without having to sell out your safeties or your corners. We have to hope our d-line and backers can stop the run out of our base formation (or as close to the base as we get given Poly's different offensive scheme). That allows the secondary to cheat a step or two to Barden which will hopefully minimize any threat of him blowing down the hash mark with nothing but a 10 yard cushion behind him.

As for the field conditions, if the rain we have received in the greater Milwaukee area is any indication, I doubt the field can dry out by game time. My yard is as saturated as it's ever been. There's no way that thing could dry out (even with the use of helicopters) by tomorrow night. We'll see if that helps or hurts us. I think we have less of a chance of having the weather effect any turnovers with our offensive style and than Poly with their offense.

No matter what, it should be a great game (as they all have been between these two teams). I wish I could make it back. I'm not positive, but I think my client may not think attending an SDSU football game is the best way to prep for trial on Monday. D@mn work committments.
            The biggest difference in Cal Poly's offense this year compared to last year is the play of QB Jonathan Dally. He is completing almost 54% of his passes compared to Brennan's 45% last year. He also has a 17 to 1 TD/INT ratio compared to Brennan's 10/7 ratio last year. 54% is not eye popping, but it is not bad because most of the passes are deep balls trying to beat one on one coverage because the safety has sneaked up to help stop the run. Dally has thrown for 1,272 yards in five and 1/2 games compared to 1,208 yards in 10 games for Brennan last year.

Barden is averaging 154 yards a game, but what is amazing is that he is averaging 27.2 yards a reception.

I think that the sloppy field will favor SDSU because of their down hill style of running compared to Cal Poly's option offense. Pitching a heavy wet ball could be dangerous.

What scares me as a Cal Poly fan is the front seven for SDSU. They are very physical and very talented. I think they will be the best front seven Cal Poly faces. I think NDSU may have one of the better group of linebackers in the FCS, but I would take the combo of d-line and linebackers at SDSU. If SDSU can stop Poly out of their base defense without pulling up the safety for help, it could be a long day for Cal Poly.

I hope all have a good time at the game. I wish I could have made it. I will be watching on the computer this year. I hope to make it next year. I have heard nothing but great things from Cal Poly fans that made the trip two years ago. Should be a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
              I think that the sloppy field will favor SDSU because of their down hill style of running compared to Cal Poly's option offense. Pitching a heavy wet ball could be dangerous.
              Shouldn't be sloppy. It'll be torn up, but not sloppy. It was dry today and will be sunny and dry again tomorrow, and breezy.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Shouldn't be sloppy. It'll be torn up, but not sloppy. It was dry today and will be sunny and dry again tomorrow, and breezy.
                Good news.

Here is a link to an article in the Telegram Tribune about the game: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/sports/story/170715.html

Comment

Thanks for that link, SloStang. Saturday's game should be a good one and I hope both teams play to their capabilities. If they do, the fans in the stands will see a real battle.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                    Yesterday, Friday, it was sunshine and great deal of wind. It's what you need for drying out a football field. So far to day at 6;30AM the sky is clear and stars are out, but its expected to dry again. I did not feel too much wind this morning, but if we have that then that could be as much of a factor as a sloppy field. Looks like Cal Poly has a great program and I look forward to a great game.

Comment

Look for Wags to get some more red zone action this weekend. Harris will have at least one TD and so will Wags. I think rushing might struggle a little but still could have 2 rushing TDs. Defense needs to control Rames. That said Parker will have a busy game today.

Blue and Yellow 28
                      Poly wanna cracker 17

8000 Jacks fans in the house

Comment

I'm going SDSU 27, Cal-Poly 21. Three TDs plus a couple FGs by Parker.

Attendance will be in the 7-8K range and we will be smacking our fans on this board for the next week.

Comment

Working...
                        X