Hey Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Guys

Congrats on your win over Texas St. Maybe you are on track now after a tough start.

One quick question since you guys are located in the same state. Just how good are those Coyotes?

Doc

P.S. Looking forward to my trip up your way next season.

Re: Hey Guys

well, McNeese I don't know if you are gonna get many Pro-Yote comments here, but basically in a Nut-Shell they are our little sister to the south. They do have some explosiveness on offense however. Just kick the living crap out of them, and all of Jackrabbit Nation will be cheering for the Cowboys this weekend, and always Screw the U!

Comment

The way I see USD is there a team if you go in there half a$$ and think you are going to walk all over them they will be up on you 21-0 pretty fast they are explosive and if you don't pay attention they will get a big lead. But USD is also a team that if you go in there and play your game and operate your game plan you should be them pretty easily. There defense is weak there offense is explosive but there is holes.

Comment

Doc,

Excellent QB with 2 solid tailbacks, great DII receivers, and a really good offensive line. Defense was way behind at the start of the season but has improved. Take what I say with a grain of salt as it comes from coyote supporters who I am forced to work with everyday.

They are a top 10 DII team that could beat some FCS teams, especially in their dome. They shouldn't go on the road and beat McNeese.

However, pull a UNI and don't prepare and you might be suprised (Northern Iowa was upset by North Dakota (UND) in Iowa last year). Play with pride and hustle and you'll beat them with little difficulty.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Hi Doc...... Good to see you. I am hoping you put a good lesson on the yotes......

Looking forward to meeting you and tailgating with you next year

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
          http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Please, for the love of everything good and pure, SMOKE THE YOTES!
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Doc: Prepare for and play your game, taken the 'yotes seriously, and you'll not have much trouble (as in, I'm predicting a minimum of a three-touchdown margin for McNeese). They have some good athletes so you can't look beyond them. They are an good home- team but struggle on the road.

Did any of the cheap bums send you a cap yet?

Comment

I went to Vermillion and watched USD's first half last week before traveling to Brookings for an SDSU home night game. If the quarterback gets time he is deadly accurate, even on the long passes. They have tailbacks who are fast and tough to tackle. I think the keys for you on defense are to hurry up the passes and contain the backs to the inside. If they get around the corners on the outside they can fly. Saturday's opponent was pretty weak so it's really hard to say how tough it will be to do those things. If your defense is strong and quick it should be possible to control the USD offense and may even be possible to dominate them. But if you give up many bigs plays you could be in for an embarassing outcome.
                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                  I went to Vermillion and watched USD's first half last week before traveling to Brookings for an SDSU home night game. If the quarterback gets time he is deadly accurate, even on the long passes. They have tailbacks who are fast and tough to tackle. I think the keys for you on defense are to hurry up the passes and contain the backs to the inside. If they get around the corners on the outside they can fly. Saturday's opponent was pretty weak so it's really hard to say how tough it will be to do those things. If your defense is strong and quick it should be possible to control the USD offense and may even be possible to dominate them. But if you give up many bigs plays you could be in for an embarassing outcome.
                  O-line is very solid so hurrying the QB is easier said then done. Still, your men ought to be able to stay fresh and where them down. USD will try to bust out of the gates and squash your spirit but over the full 4 quarters the better team should win.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Doc: Prepare for and play your game, taken the 'yotes seriously, and you'll not have much trouble (as in, I'm predicting a minimum of a three-touchdown margin for McNeese). They have some good athletes so you can't look beyond them. They are an good home- team but struggle on the road.

Did any of the cheap bums send you a cap yet?
                    Yeah, I finally found one of the South Dakota fans that is coming to the game. He is supposed to be bringing me a hat.

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                      Speed on defense, we definitely have this season. We are a lot better on defense than we were last year when we played you guys.

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        O-line is very solid so hurrying the QB is easier said then done. Still, your men ought to be able to stay fresh and where them down. USD will try to bust out of the gates and squash your spirit but over the full 4 quarters the better team should win.

We will stay fresh. We rotate a lot of people in and out on defense so far this season.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Doc

Comment

Thanks for coming back on the board!

I'm rooting for you guys to give Coyote County a nice helping of humble pie!

Best wishes with the rest of your season, as well.

Comment

As mentioned, USD has solid skill people on offense. Their defense is questionable. They're not an "ordinary" D2 team. They're better than that. I expect the Cowboys to win easily, but don't overlook USD. They're pretty good.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by McNeese72 View Post
                              Yeah, I finally found one of the South Dakota fans that is coming to the game. He is supposed to be bringing me a hat.

Doc
                              I suppose you're adding it to your collection, but if you need some ideas about what to do with that hat, just let us know.
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                              X