X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attendance for Hobo Day

Bad Weather - 14,176
    Good Weather - 17,821

Whose shoulders am I sitting on at the game?

Comment

Originally posted by RunninRabbit View Post
      Bad Weather - 14,176
      Good Weather - 17,821

Whose shoulders am I sitting on at the game?
      Sorry folks, but I think anybody suggesting we are going to get more than say 16,000 in the game, started partying when Hobo Week kicked off Monday morning. Well, then again, maybe I should have started with them??? If the rain stays away, hope for 15,700.

Comment

The weather also affects alot of the highschool bands who perform in the parade in the morning. Many stick around to go to the game after the parade. If it rains, those kids will probably opt for the early bus home instead.
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

15,099! It should be 15,100 but I also have to attend a wedding. I wonder if they have wifi at the church . . .
          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I'm guessing 16,883 and I might have 2 tickets available in Sec H.

Comment

16,888 is my guess. I'll be rocking the BlueHat and a little something something I picked up at the athletic department sale this week.

Comment

15,500. I think we'll get a few more fans than last year, but not too many more.

After the Beef Bowl, a crowd of under 15,000 would be a severe disappointment.

Comment

Okay guys, now I'm curious.

Explain Hobo Day to me. What all is involved when you have Hobo Day? How did it start? What do you all you guys do?

I got a feeling it is one of those fun traditional things.

When is Hobo Day next season?

Doc

Comment

Hobo Day is SDSU's homecoming game.

Back in the day (we're talking 1910's-20's) Hobo Days were actually not uncommon among colleges. I know Missouri among others had them. It might be a Land-Grant college thing, I'm not sure.

A feature was that students would go out into the community and "bum" meals from the locals.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      Hobo Day is SDSU's homecoming game.

A feature was that students would go out into the community and "bum" meals from the locals.
                      So, that's where it gets the Hobo name? Students bumming meals?

Next question. Do you dress up (or down ?) for it?

When is it scheduled for next season? It wouldn't be when we come to town?

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by McNeese72 View Post
                        So, that's where it gets the Hobo name? Students bumming meals?

Next question. Do you dress up (or down ?) for it?

When is it scheduled for next season? It wouldn't be when we come to town?

Doc
                        It is a tradition that started in 1912 to improve school spirit. Yes many do dress "down" and don't shave for the week. And yes it will be very likely we will have a "Hobeaux" Day next year!
                        Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatewayrabbit View Post
                          It is a tradition that started in 1912 to improve school spirit. Yes many do dress "down" and don't shave for the week. And yes it will be very likely we will have a "Hobeaux" Day next year!
                          That would be fun. And I'd have an excuse not to shave for a week or two.

Doc

Comment

If you want a reserve seating ticket I would buy one now... best available for a pair is in row 34 of L.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              If you want a reserve seating ticket I would buy one now... best available for a pair is in row 34 of L.....
                              I think he's talking about next year joeboo...there are still available tickets for next year, in fact I'm not sure Hobo Day has been set, but it may be for McNeese. You WOULD enjoy it Cap'n Cat!!!

Comment

The commit was meant for everybody.... There isn't too many reserve tickets available so don't expect to walk up and get one.

Comment

Working...
                                X