Stephen F. Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stephen F. Austin

Yes, Dan is his Dad. Sat by him at the game Friday night. He still has a strong voice. I don't think Layne has decided where is going to attend college yet. Hope is SDSU, but he is getting several looks for baseball and no doubt now, kicking...

Comment

Read Terry V's report on the game in the Nacogdoches newspaper - The Daily Sentinel. Their coach had good things to say about the Jackrabbits

http://www.dailysentinel.com/search/...DOMINATED.html
      An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
      US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

"We got beat by a very good football team that does what I hope we can do someday," said Harper, who was nothing but cordial in the postgame press conference. "They just, gosh, it was really fun watching South Dakota State play football. They look like they play the game the way it's supposed to be play, and our team did not. I'm the head football coach and I'm not getting it done."

SFA coach after a loss in which they had 5 turnovers and were shutout. Class act, no excuses, learn from the better team and make yourself better.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          "We got beat by a very good football team that does what I hope we can do someday," said Harper, who was nothing but cordial in the postgame press conference. "They just, gosh, it was really fun watching South Dakota State play football. They look like they play the game the way it's supposed to be play, and our team did not. I'm the head football coach and I'm not getting it done."

SFA coach after a loss in which they had 5 turnovers and were shutout. Class act, no excuses, learn from the better team and make yourself better.
          If you had a chance to read Coach Harper's bio in the game program, the bio indicated that Harper played football for Lou Holtz at Clemson and then later returned as a grad assistant at Clemson which gives us a clue where he learned to be a class act. Of all the big time coaches, I have always thought Lou Holtz was the man when it came to class acts, but also a very good coach. Coach Harper will be too, and no doubt we have to face him again in the near future, as I believe this would have been a home and home contract. I have not checked the future schedule threads.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post

Quite a contrast to Coach Wright from Texas State.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              I'm hoping for a maximum discount at the bookstore again... 52-10... thats it
              Great! Just got a call from daughter who is a feshman at SDSU. She just learned of the bookstore discount and wanted to know if she could use the credit card to go buy a few things. I was basking in the victory till now!!!

Comment

Haha it was another great monday! I'm sure the manager of the bookstore is going crazy watching all of the clothes fly off the racks with that 25% discount...ouch!
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I hope they got a lot of stock back in from last Monday, because by 3:30 it was pretty picked over.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X