Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tailgating

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
    I don't suppose any of you who are upset about the policy are willing to be reasonable about the issue...but look at it from the other side. If "everybody" who tailgates, decides to go back to the car to "get a coat", how in the heck do you expect the people charged with policing the situation to deal with an excuse that might be used by a whole bunch of people, who really want to go back and have a beer or two and wait for the police to go one by one to everyone to get them back out? Would you like to be in charge of that??

Don't use the excuse that you don't like the policy to complain about the implementation of the policy.

It's pretty plain...the SDSU administration is not going to risk the desire of many people to go and tailgate BEFORE the game for the desires of what I hope is a minority -- people who just want to use the setup for a kegger (especially the students) on university property. And I'm with them on that. The rules are simple. The Backyard closes 1/2 hour before game time. Take your coats, etc. with you. After the game, pack up and exit -- there is no tailgating at halftime or after the game. It stops one-half hour before the game. If you don't agree with the policy...don't tailgate.
    I have no problem with the new policy, other than there should be a set time frame for departure after the game. Give me a reasonable amount of time to pack up and exit and be courteous about it and I'll do my best to get out of there as quick as I can.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I can see it from both sides, more from the fan's standpoint because I am one. If I were one of the UPD expected to enforce the new rules the viewpoint would be a lot different.

For now, I'll adapt to the new policy and hope that it doesn't discourage casual fans from attending.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Colorado State sells beer at football games.

Comment

I completely blame the athletic department for everyone's displeasure. Shame on them for even pushing for tailgating to be allowed in the first place. Had they never done that we would have to listen to anyone complain about the way tailgating is being handled this year. I say shut it down completely. Show up 1 hour before kick off, leave right after the game and get your drink on at home or at the bar. Screw atmosphere.
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
            I don't think its a good idea to start kicking out your customers.
            So you are saying the customer is always right? No not this time. I always thought I was a guest when I was on campus. I given plenty over the years and never once have I thought I was a customer. I owe SDSU a great deal, as it open what few doors that were open to me during my work career that is all but over.

Okay if we think of SDSU as a bar or a store or any other kind of small business, I believe the business does have the right to refuse service to anyone that they term is out of line in respecting their business. I think the UPD was enacting that role as intrusted to them by the adminstration. That's why its best take your dissatisfaction to them. And good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
              I completely blame the athletic department for everyone's displeasure. Shame on them for even pushing for tailgating to be allowed in the first place. Had they never done that we would have to listen to anyone complain about the way tailgating is being handled this year. I say shut it down completely. Show up 1 hour before kick off, leave right after the game and get your drink on at home or at the bar. Screw atmosphere.
              That might work for me, because I am old and frail. I don't touch that stuff and usually I am in bed by 10:00PM. LOL
              Last edited by Nidaros; 09-20-2007, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                That might work for me, because I am old and frail. I don't touch that stuff and usually I am in bed by 10AM. LOL
                Thanks for the laugh, I like your style. I'm just suprised the admin made such a big change from one year to the next. Mark my words, there will be changes before the year is out. This is a business and if they expect me to pay $150 for a tailgating spot, i'm going to have to get a little more out of it. Again, I will contine to be a season ticket holder and attend as many events as I possibily can. I would just like a little give and take. Thanks for hearing me out.

Comment

I am pretty sure Wisconsin sells beer at its games, and Minnesota does as well because its games are at the Metrodome off campus.

Comment

Originally posted by rcjacks View Post
                    I am pretty sure Wisconsin sells beer at its games, and Minnesota does as well because its games are at the Metrodome off campus.
                    Wisconsin's pretty unique. They have a tradition of selling beer at their Union.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      Wisconsin's pretty unique. They have a tradition of selling beer at their Union.
                      Must be a State of Wisconsin thing. UW-Milwaukee also sells beer at their union. I believe there are quite a few places where they sell beer at college football stadiums.

Comment

Just think when everything with the fieldhouse facility gets finalized, ready for site prep and all the exciting work that comes with new construction there might be no tailgating in the Backyard next year. Enjoy the Backyard while you can, things will change rapidly with the construction of the fieldhouse facility when it starts within the next year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                          Just think when everything with the fieldhouse facility gets finalized, ready for site prep and all the exciting work that comes with new construction there might be no tailgating in the Backyard next year. Enjoy the Backyard while you can, things will change rapidly with the construction of the fieldhouse facility when it starts within the next year or so.

We might lose the backyard, but I'm sure there will still be a place for tailgating. "THE BACKYARD II"

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                            Tailgating is a positive addition to Jackrabbit football. I trust you're not naive enough to have missed that. Working with the fans and supporters of your programs is and will continue to be a priority. Eliminating tailgating would be a step in the wrong direction.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Tailgating is a positive addition to Jackrabbit football. I trust you're not naive enough to have missed that. Working with the fans and supporters of your programs is and will continue to be a priority. Eliminating tailgating would be a step in the wrong direction.
                              I'm told there's already a plan in place for a new backyard for whenever that construction project happens.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                                I'm told there's already a plan in place for a new backyard for whenever that construction project happens.
                                Thank you Jesus!

Comment

Working...
                                X