Youngstown State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Youngstown State

1:24 left....nothing we can do at this point...Youngstown can sit on the ball.

Comment

we did a lot of good things tonight

Comment

Damn, another tough loss on the road to a top 10 team.

Not going to get any easier next weekend, Northern Iowa is beating Iowa State 17-6 at halftime.

Comment

Darn, we played a very good team, very tough, at their place...and with a bad start, to boot.

I think people can back off Berry, and Coach Stig.

Comment

Final:
            YSU 23, SDSU 17

Comment

Nice near comeback. The Jacks passing game is going to have to improve to win games like this and last week's game.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Better performance tonight by Berry, still need to eliminate late mistakes (ints & penalties)

Comment

We need to keep to our heads up. This was likely the best team we play this. Running the table the rest of the way will not be out of the question. We just need to finish a game. Next week will be a challenge.
                  Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

The punt team has struggled all year, a blocked punt today and a 20yd net punt late when we needed a long one.

Comment

No timeouts left, not much we can do. We played really well, but the blocked kick REAAAALLLY hurts. After we held them and got the ball back with all the momentum in the game we ended up 1st and 20 from our own 10. Not a lot of play calls in that situation and the drive was stalled before it started. All in all, came out and adjusted in the 2nd half and had a chance to beat the number 6 team in the nation. Would've been a huge win. Stig's teams getting a rep for outperforming the other team in the 2nd half. Definitely a good trait. Got another tough one next week.

Comment

With NDSU having trouble and SU getting kicked badly by UND (24-0 in second?), the GWFC is still winnable this year.

Comment

Well I feel like we are the best 0-2 team in FCS. Let's get into the win column next week against UNI and get on a roll.

Go State!

Comment

I thought our passing O was very sharp tonight. We don't need to chuck it deep to be effective. Gives Berry some confidence and, I'm guessing, we'll start adding those long ones as the season moves on.

Comment

We showed a lot of heart to come back like that... It could have been very easy for us to role over and die after dropping down 14-0 in the 1st. We need to work on coming out and making a positive impact right away, rather than spotting the other team points.

That 99 yard drive was awesome, I thought we were gonna get the W after that one.

Berry showed a vast improvement, as far as i'm concerned he's our guy and people need to lay off him rather than calling for his head. If anything needs to improve its the running game. Only 48 yards rushing... not good. Cory had a decent outing, and if minett can come around and get the ground game going too we'll be alright.

Comment

Tough loss, even though Berry threw another int, he really improved over the last game and I think he is going to get better. The one holding penalty hurt too. Sooner or later I think our guys will find a way to win these kind of games. Looking forward for the UNI game.

Comment

Working...
                                X