Dakota Marker week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dakota Marker week

Expecting this rivalry game to be even more intense this year. Likely #1 vs #2. Game time officially set for 7pm on ESPN2.

On Bisonville they seem worried about whether or not Miller will play, was pretty banged up against SIU. Would be huge difference if he’s out or not 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
      On Bisonville they seem worried about whether or not Miller will play, was pretty banged up against SIU. Would be huge difference if he’s out or not 100%.
      He's not their only injury, and even if he plays, he reportedly admitted the ankle injury impacted his play yesterday, so it could this coming Sat. too, although he's saying he expects to be "near 100 percent" w/rehab.

Comment

Any update on Tucker Large injury status?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakPirate View Post
          Any update on Tucker Large injury status?
          I watched game replay last night, and they showed him in a boot.

Comment

Another note for this game is that an SDSU win along with USD beating YSU creates a very real possibility for College GameDay to come back to Brookings for SDSU-USD. No real big games for the P4 that week.

Comment

I wonder if Rogers' hit on Roehl during this game will be discussed during the Jimmy Rogers Show tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                I wonder if Rogers' hit on Roehl during this game will be discussed during the Jimmy Rogers Show tomorrow.
                Woof! He knocked the snot out of him.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post

Woof! He knocked the snot out of him.
                  Snot and the ball.

Wonder if Roehl did this afterward.

Comment

It very well may be getting talked about on the podcasts/interviews, but this game has some potential to be quite historical if the Jacks come out on top.

The leaderboard for MVFC consecutive wins, in-conference is:
                    T1. NDSU - 19 wins - 2017-2021
                    T1. SDSU - 19 wins - 2021-present
                    2. NDSU - 18 wins - 2012-2014
                    (4. SIU - 14 wins - 2008-2009)
                    (5. UNI - 13 wins - 1993-1995)

A win on Saturday would earn the Jacks a new record and sole possession of first place. The Jacks are also going for 3-straight wins in Fargo for the first time in history (I do believe Brendan mentioned this on his morning Borg podcast Sunday morning, but was only able to half-listen at the time and haven't had a chance to rewatch/relisten). In this rivalry, that is extremely hard to do (except if you're the Bison from the 1960s to 1980s... but I was born in the 90s and don't believe that time even existed). Bison have accomplished the 3-peat in Brookings only once in the modern-era of NDSU-SDSU football.

Winner is a shoo-in for #1 seed in the playoffs, if they take care of business down the road of course. Loser would likely be facing going on the road in the semis (maybe even quarters?!), unless they had some help from some other top teams losing unexpectedly.

Can't quite tell what both teams are yet, I wouldn't consider either team to truly have a signature win over a major opponent. Saturday should finally be very telling.

If Cam is hobbled up, that could impact the game significantly. Either way, Fargodome will be rocking, and will most certainly be a hostile environment.

Comment

If the McFeely Mess podcast is any indication, they're definitely trying to will the Bison to a win, saying things like the win versus Youngstown didn't prove much (like a win versus a depleted Salukis team did) and that the Bison have closed the gap with the Jacks.

I could see them making the argument that a healthy Cam Miller versus what Gronowski had shown this season could be seen as an example of them potentially having edge at home, but I think the Jacks have the edge at:

WR (Wilde alone tilts it in Jacks' favor, Goering is another weapon, and I think Prejean could be the wild card during this game that catches Bison by surprise)
                      RB
                      Interior OL (unfortunately, I think Zabel, despite his blatant holds, would be seen by many as a top tackle in FCS)
                      DL rotation (NDSU may have flashier individual players)
                      LB and secondary (again, NDSU may have better individual players, but Bock, Beanum, Huerter, and the depth at LB tilt it in Jacks' favor for me)
                      Special teams
                      Coaching

How do those of you who've watched/followed NDSU more closely think the Jacks and Bison compare at TE this season?

Comment

Going to be tough.

Strap em on, and see who comes out on top.

Comment

I don't know any actual point spread or who is favored. But IMO, a win on the road at #2 ranked NDSU would be an upset by SDSU. I've seen some people saying, "Bison better bring their best to beat us." Well obviously, yes. Likewise, SDSU needs to bring their best just to beat NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                            I don't know any actual point spread or who is favored. But IMO, a win on the road at #2 ranked NDSU would be an upset by SDSU. I've seen some people saying, "Bison better bring their best to beat us." Well obviously, yes. Likewise, SDSU needs to bring their best just to beat NDSU.
                            McFeely and the Crew in his podcast suggested the Jacks should be favored by 2.5, for what that's worth

Comment

Currently, NDSU is favored by 2.5 points. That's to be expected because it's a home game for the Bison. Despite being a road game to a hostile environment for the Jacks, I'll take SDSU by a TD. The Jacks have been getting a little better each week and still have some to go. They'll need to be near top performance for the next two games, for sure.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X