No announcement yet.

GDT: Youngstown State (10/12/24) ***Hobo Day***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marcus Preston gets his 1st TD for SDSU!

Jacks up 56-10 early in the 4th.

Comment

The final ended up 63-13 Jacks. Seems like all the usuals were at the game (or going to a wedding) instead of on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        35-10 SDSU at halftime.

If anyone wants to take over posting scores, that would be great, as I have to get ready for a wedding (yes, I need new friends).
        I've joked about the Allstate "football-obsessed best man" ad applying to me and how I'd lose the invitation/screen calls and texts if "in-sead9n" weddings were being considered

Comment

It was good to see the passing game come alive in the second half. It was obvious that the decision was made at halftime that we were going to come out throwing the ball and make it work.

Comment

Fun day in Brookings. I figured SDSU would win big but, wow. I was surprised YSU chose to defer and then kicked the ball to Angel. Major oops on their part.

The defense was solid, again. The way the O-line is making holes bodes well for the rest of the season. If you can run the ball good things happen. Nice to see Mark showing more trust in the receivers. They are getting in sync and none too soon. All in all a good showing. And everyone got reps.

Next week we will find out how good this team really is. NDSU will be a significant challenge.
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Next week is the start of the real season, this will be the toughest game since the Mt St semi-final. This team needs to show everyone that it is the real deal, just like NDSU used to do to us.

Comment

Great win. Mostly shear domination. Couple concerning things on defense. We really struggled to get off the field on 3rd down. And their QB got us pretty good at times with his legs.

if we don’t shore those things up next Saturday is going to be tough sledding.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Great win. Mostly shear domination. Couple concerning things on defense. We really struggled to get off the field on 3rd down. And their QB got us pretty good at times with his legs.

if we don’t shore those things up next Saturday is going to be tough sledding.
                  I trust that the staff and players will make the necessary adjustments. The Bison faced a depleted team and had their own 3rd down defensive struggles. Plus, they may be dealing with their own wild card in the form of a few new injuries.

I expect to hear/read pessimistic predictions similar to the Chicken Little claptrap folks on this forum were spouting prior to the 2022 semifinal game vs. the 'cats. May the margin be similar, if not greater, for the Jacks again this time.

Comment

Rant: There was a discomfiting dearth of effigial Penguins in yesterday's Hobo Day parade. This must change for next year's opponent

Rave: Three games; three special teams touchdowns. Hopefully that trend continues versus the Ungulates

Double rave: The OL and rushing attack were awe inspiring yesterday, and it was great to hear Mason's humility when asked about his performance (which you can read about here and see here). The future looks bright.

Not quite a rant, but a wish: Not sure about the other folks at the game, but I'd appreciate fewer "Replay Review" images on the DJD big board and more actual replays.

Rave: Brookings has always been a place that's resonated with me, so I'm grateful I have the privilege of living here. The energy/vibe during Hobo Week was great to see, and I'm hoping that maybe Gameday wants to capture that prior to the Showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                      ...The way the O-line is making holes bodes well for the rest of the season. If you can run the ball good things happen. Nice to see Mark showing more trust in the receivers. They are getting in sync and none too soon. All in all a good showing. And everyone got reps.

Next week we will find out how good this team really is. NDSU will be a significant challenge.

Agree with the above. The offensive line has rapidly developed an identity and was blowing some big holes in the YSU defense. Wilde is living up to his billing. We still have some under utilized resources in the young receiving corps but with the solid running game, that's understandable. I had confidence we'd win but the ability to score fast and frequently was very encouraging -- YSU has some athletes and that scrambling quarterback is a good one. Most of his yards were in the middle of the field and the defense adjusted well to his threat.

Who gets credit for the great football weather? What a day.

Comment

If I was coaching against SDSU, I would run several roll-outs and misdirections. There were a few times were their QB and TE would roll out and SDSU would only have either one or zero defenders on that side of the field. There were many slants, stunts or blitzes that ran some defenders out of the play.
                        YSU's QB was outrunning SDSU defenders most of the game, He did that to SDSU's defense but Chase M. did the same thing to them.
                        Have you ever seen a game where three QB's on the same team all had both a passing and a rushing TD in the same game? SDSU was a third string QB rushing TD from doing that. Wow!

Comment

Working...
                        X