GDT: @ Northern Iowa (10/05/24)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

41-3 Final. Another Jackrabbit victory!
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Joe Ollman has turned into an instant celebrity. TV camera followed the wrong #11 around after the game thinking that it was Mark.

Comment

Mark looked a lot better today, missed a few throws still but hit some great ones as well.

On to YSU next week who might be even worse than UNI. But it is Hobo Days and I’ll never not be nervous about another Hobo Day letdown.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

It looks like # 2 has one in his mouth and one stuck in his helmet. Branch only has the one in his helmet.
          So he's "Branching out"

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Joe Ollman has turned into an instant celebrity. TV camera followed the wrong #11 around after the game thinking that it was Mark.
            Haha, you noticed that too, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
              Mark looked a lot better today, missed a few throws still but hit some great ones as well.

On to YSU next week who might be even worse than UNI. But it is Hobo Days and I’ll never not be nervous about another Hobo Day letdown.
              Yes, he had a much better game yesterday. I think we're likely to see continued improvement on Hobo Day.

Speaking of looking good, I thought the camera work during the game was pretty good, so I can overlook the aforementioned postgame Ollmanization of Gronowski

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Speaking of looking good, I thought the camera work during the game was pretty good, so I can overlook the aforementioned postgame Ollmanization of Gronowski
                I will disagree about the camera angles on field goals. You couldn’t even see the posts! UNI really is declining overall. They may need to make some major decisions after this season.

Comment

Camera angles? How many times was the pre-snap camera on a single random player? Why that and not the team formations? And as always after listening to away game announcers, I am so grateful for Tyler Merriam. How some network hasn't stolen him I don not know.

The jackrabbits looked good, composed. They executed well. They are now jelling as a team. Fun to watch.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

I will disagree about the camera angles on field goals. You couldn’t even see the posts! UNI really is declining overall. They may need to make some major decisions after this season.
                    Fair point re field goals. I was referring to angles on passes and runs that weren't late picking up the ball carrier/receiver

Comment

Despite being garbage time, I was really impressed with Chase Mason at QB. I don't think I'd ever seen him throw before. His quick release and the ball velocity immediately jumped out at me. I heard he had a cannon of an arm, but man, he was throwing darts into tight quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
                        Despite being garbage time, I was really impressed with Chase Mason at QB. I don't think I'd ever seen him throw before. His quick release and the ball velocity immediately jumped out at me. I heard he had a cannon of an arm, but man, he was throwing darts into tight quarters.
                        Same. I really hope we keep using him for more than just runs. It also will make it less predictable when he gets in what is going to happen. Mainly it'll help him develop into next year when he'll likely start.

Comment

Working...
                        X