No announcement yet.

FCS Polls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this be the same story as last year? Idaho got all kinds of hype early on and then they ended up getting beat by UAB at home in the playoffs. We know how they did in Brookings the next week! They have a third string freshmen quarterback starting. That’s a tall task for any freshmen no matter how talented he is. I am not trying to take anything away from their accomplishments this year, but I am not on their hype train yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Good question this early in the season. Villanova is 3-0 on the season and ranked #5 in each poll but sits at 125 in the Sagarin computer analysis. Chattanooga, with an 0-3 record, is ranked 23/24 in the polls and 149 in Sagarin's computer hard drive. Sagarin's ratings make better sense with each passing week. The early polls seem to be heavily influenced by last year's performance. All good fun to see who is talking about your favorite team.
      Villanova's win vs 'guins was somewhat impressive early, but I'm not sold on Youngstown right now.

It'll be interesting to see how Towson, another one of 'nova's opponents, fares in Fargo

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
        Will this be the same story as last year? Idaho got all kinds of hype early on and then they ended up getting beat by UAB at home in the playoffs. We know how they did in Brookings the next week! They have a third string freshmen quarterback starting. That’s a tall task for any freshmen no matter how talented he is. I am not trying to take anything away from their accomplishments this year, but I am not on their hype train yet.
        Should learn much more on Hobo Day when Vandals face Bobcats in Bozeman

Comment

I was trying to remember when Jacks beat Alsbama-Birmingham

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Right now about the only 2 teams that have are Montana St. and Idaho.
            At least they play each other. Grizz avoid the Vandals this season though.

That's another thing -- the Jacks have to play USD. UND, and NDSU every year.

Big Sky teams can't say the same for their conference schedules vis a vis contending teams
            Last edited by jakejc795; 09-16-2024, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Right now about the only 2 teams that have are Montana St. and Idaho.
              I would agree with this. The current poll isn't about how teams fared down the stretch last year or how we think things will shake out as the season goes on. This isn't like mid to late season last year where there seemingly no teams that should be rated 5-10. There are candidates for number 1 after week 3 that aren't located on I29 and end with DSU. Frankly, getting dinged a couple spots in three poll might do this team some good.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

They look that way at first glance, but the computer rankings have them 42 and 51 spots back of the Jacks. They both have FBS wins against bad teams, which doesn't help them with the computer.
                Compare how Idaho looked against Oregon and how we looked against OSU. Then compare the rankings of those two teams. MSU had a bad first half in their FBS game but has been rolling since then. We’ve played about one good half of football so far.

Now I’m not saying we aren’t going to get rolling but it’s hard to defend our level of play this point to either of those two teams. If they had come into the season ranked about us are you saying we’ve shown enough to have been moved above them?

Comment

I think it is to early for me to judge the difference between SDSU and Idaho.

1) Who is better Oklahoma State or Oregon?
                  2) Who is better between Wyoming and Incarnate Word?

SDSU will get much better once all the new parts learn how to play together. I do not follow Idaho to know how much they lost. SDSU will play a much tougher schedule but will the "season" them or beat them up?

Comment

Working...
                  X