Frisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frisco

FCS championship tickets just went on sale this morning.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

These prices seem much higher than years prior but maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

I think last year they were $125. I don't remember there being 3 levels of prices though. I also don't recall they midfield seats being an option to buy.

Comment

Unless you have good priority access through the ticket office, this is probably your best bet. They are higher this year for sure.

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Has anybody heard how they will allot tickets this year for Frisco***? I liked how they did it last year, based on priority points and then limit those folks to 8. Just wondering they were planning on doing it the same way this year or if there would be tweeks. I liked last year because it rewarded those that have given/committed to the program while not making it a reward for the ultra rich. I understand if the athletic department chooses to reward the big donors, but I appreciate them looking out for the small guys as well.

***assuming the Jackrabbits make it

Comment

Picked up my tickets this morning. I wasn't super impressed with only a 14-minute warning for the sale beginning, unless I missed a notice elsewhere. Last I had seen, it was "tickets will go on sale sometime in September". Missed out on tickets where I wanted to be, but is what it is - not a bad seat in the house officially.

FYI - with a 7 pm kickoff, it will be entirely a game under the lights, as sunset is at 5:35 in Frisco on January 6, with the final astronomical twilight ending at 7:03 before official nighttime begins. Should be a fun atmosphere!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
              Unless you have good priority access through the ticket office, this is probably your best bet. They are higher this year for sure.

SUPERBUNNY
              We did this last year and it certainly lowers the stress level if/when the Jacks make it to Frisco. And if we don't, it's a pretty safe bet that one or more of NDSU or the Montana schools make it, which makes the tickets easy to unload.

Comment

Just curious how some bought tickets to the FCS title game this AM? We were signed up for NCAA insider and had "exclusive presale" opportunity at 12 pm CT today.
                We did this last year too and it worked fine. But today pretty mich all tickets were gone by 12:05 pm CT.
                Last edited by JackrabbitGuy; 09-04-2024, 02:50 PM.
                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Sad deal. I have tickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Is the NCAA trying to cut back on resale by jacking up the prices to reduce the profit margin or is it to gauge the fans? Part of me understands the thinking that if someone is going to make money off of the ticket resale, they it may as well be the original seller. A bigger part of me feels like the 90% of the buyers that don't buy the tickets so they can resell them are now getting screwed. I read on another board that if you have resold your tickets in the the past through their AXS site that you have to wait to purchase tickets this year. We bought some during the covid spring season. We had a cancellation and ate one of the tickets. I had the ticket listed for $10 hoping to get enough money to atleast purchase a beer inside. The ticket didn't sell. Looking back it would have made me ineligible to buy tickets on Tuesday even though I had it listed way below face value.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                      Just curious how some bought tickets to the FCS title game this AM? We were signed up for NCAA insider and had "exclusive presale" opportunity at 12 pm CT today.
                      We did this last year too and it worked fine. But today pretty much all tickets were gone by 12:05 pm CT.
                      It appears there was a 24-36 hour window for previous ticket purchasers, limit of 4. I assume it went to the "exclusive presale" signup people next, then open to the public. It's pretty crappy though for anyone who wants to get their foot in the door for the first time, that's for sure.

Interesting note by RTB if resellers have to wait - potentially NCAA's way of trying to fight back against scalpers, which would definitely be a good thing.... but yes, all-or-nothing approach if you sell 1 ticket because someone in your party backed out wouldn't be good either.

Comment

While it is a gamble and unknown, I have had no problem finding tickets for well under face value on game day the last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post

It appears there was a 24-36 hour window for previous ticket purchasers, limit of 4. I assume it went to the "exclusive presale" signup people next, then open to the public. It's pretty crappy though for anyone who wants to get their foot in the door for the first time, that's for sure.

Interesting note by RTB if resellers have to wait - potentially NCAA's way of trying to fight back against scalpers, which would definitely be a good thing.... but yes, all-or-nothing approach if you sell 1 ticket because someone in your party backed out wouldn't be good either.
                          I received an email for a 24 hr presale before the time frame Jackrabbit Guy is referring to. There were seats available in the upper levels along the sidelines and that quite a few in the corners. I thought the prices were a little steep so didn't pull the trigger. I've been able to find resale tickets the last couple years that were cheaper than face value.

Comment

Working...
                          X