Jackrabbits and 2024 draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Haven't seen anything yet. I think Jason and John o O'Brian are the two that took part in the Pro Day that haven't signed yet.
    You are correct, based on Zim's reporting.

Comment

I find it so funny that Houston signed both the Jankes, they really are a package deal even in the NFL. Good for them though, will make the transition easier. Hopefully they can find a spot on the roster.

Comment

I think this is more or less the complete list to date:

2024 NFL Rabbit Rookies:
        1. Mason McCormick, G, 4th round, Pittsburgh Steelers
        2. Isaiah Davis, RB, 5th round. New York Jets
        3. Dyshawn Gales, DB, Undrafted Free Agent (UDFA), Cleveland Browns
        4. Isaiah Stalbird, LB, UDFA, New Orleans Saints
        5. Zach Heinz, TE, UDFA, Los Angeles Chargers
        6. Garret Greenfield, OT, UDFA, Seattle Seahawks
        7. Jadon Janke, WR, UDFA, Houston Texans
        8. Jaxon Janke, WR, UDFA, Houston Texans

Tanner Castora documents just how crazy the post-draft UDFA frenzy is, with the Jankes being the case in point:

( https://medium.com/@tannercastora5/h...s-acd02d2c0bea )
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Seattle really wanted Greenfield as his 195K guaranteed is one of the highest UFDA deals offered.

Comment

ID with 4 carries for 8yds and 4 receptions for 30 some yards in the Jets preseason opener.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
              ID with 4 carries for 8yds and 4 receptions for 30 some yards in the Jets preseason opener.
              Looked like he came in as RB2. Solid performance. Davis also returned 2 punts and 1 kickoff. Saw him slip on the turf a couple times, which seemed out of place. Not sure if he was having cleat issues or what.

Comment

Did any of the UDFAs make the 53 man rosters?
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                  Did any of the UDFAs make the 53 man rosters?
                  Mason and Zay were the only ones who made rosters.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Mason and Zay were the only ones who made rosters.
                    Shoot. When do guys get signed to practice squads? Hopefully some of them catch on with a team.

I did see that Pierre is 1 of 2 RBs on the Browns roster. I assume that is temporary, but maybe can take advantage of the opportunity.
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Shoot. When do guys get signed to practice squads? Hopefully some of them catch on with a team.

I did see that Pierre is 1 of 2 RBs on the Browns roster. I assume that is temporary, but maybe can take advantage of the opportunity.
                      Players have to clear waivers before they can be put on a practice squad. I believe that takes 24 hours, so I think that can start happening tomorrow

Comment

I presume it’s because Nick Chubb is out the first four games. Hopefully Strong can get a good amount of carries during that period.

Comment

Saw a list of waiver claims, and none of the Jacks were claimed. So they are all eligible to be added to the practice squads of their perspective teams.

Comment

Greenfield and Stalbird on practice squads for Seahawks and Saints.

Comment

According to Tanner Castora, Mason McCormick may be getting playing time sooner than expected. The Steelers starting center is out for the season, and a starting guard is going to be out for a month.

Comment

Working...
                              X