Spring Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Football

During spring game interview Coach Rogers sounds confident about Gronowski being back, but also sounds like Chase Mason will be on the field

guessing that all the Midco camera crews are busy today covering baseball and softball games

we dont have any student productions? seems like students with cameras could have done a solid job covering the spring game, being we have Tyler and Scotty doing the radio show

anybody hearing who is standing out in Spring practice?

Comment

I did not listen to most of the second half. from what i did listen to-

sounded like all the QBs looked solid
      have to say it is EXTREMELY impressive that this program has kept both Bell and Becker when it seems pretty clear that Gronowski is coming back and Mason is the clear #2 and younger QBs continue to join the team

Kentrell Prejean seemed to be the most exciting player of the day from what i listened to

also getting multiple and / or positive mentions-
      Dawson Ripperda
      Chase Van Tol
      and should be high school senior Trey Ridley- they must like this kid a lot. the defensive backfield feels like the deepest, most experienced, possibly most talented part of the team. hard to imagine a true freshman getting reps with this group, but everything I have heard about this kid sounds special

I do feel like there is a chance that we see some true freshman on the field in the fall

Comment

Gronowski started at quarterback and looked really good. However, Bell, not Mason, was the second QB to play. Mason looked really good, too, though. Prejean, who is 5-8 and 155, is fast and looked very good at receiver. Brenden Begemen, a backup RB who redshirted last year, had a great TD run. The defense was spotted 17 points to start the game and somehow won 24-21. I'm not sure how they scored the additional seven points. It just showed up on the scoreboard late in the game.
        This space for lease.

Comment

We missed Graham Goehring. Not much depth at WR currently.

Our defense looked really good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            Gronowski started at quarterback and looked really good. However, Bell, not Mason, was the second QB to play. Mason looked really good, too, though. Prejean, who is 5-8 and 155, is fast and looked very good at receiver. Brenden Begemen, a backup RB who redshirted last year, had a great TD run. The defense was spotted 17 points to start the game and somehow won 24-21. I'm not sure how they scored the additional seven points. It just showed up on the scoreboard late in the game.
            I wonder if that was a mistake, given the game summary.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              I believe Bell played with the second team offense, while Chase took Mark's place with the firsts after the opening series.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I believe Bell played with the second team offense, while Chase took Mark's place with the firsts after the opening series.
                Correct.

Comment

WR Marcus Preston was among the guys who didn't play. That hurt WR depth, too.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Fairly wide-ranging Jacks-focused podcast with Zim and Sam Herder.

Posted it here due to discussion of "Spring" depth chart, but one non-related topic was Coach Rogers' popularity in FBS circles (Herder used the ESPN article filbert posted about as a segue).

Zim went on record indicating that Rogers has been offered FBS coordinator gigs and refused them, because Rogers "bleeds blue & yellow" and how it will take alot for a team to pry Rogers away. However, Zim added caveat that Jacks fans should expect offers will continue (and may become too enticing to just pass up), which we've discussed.

Comment

Great post-spring practice interview with Jimmy. http://www.twitter.com/MidcoSports/s...45383253176741

Comment

Working...
                      X