Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome New OC Danny Freund

Welcome to Danny.

It stands out to me that Coach Rogers has coached against his offense many times and must have come away impressed.

Danny was a record setting QB at UND and spent most of his coaching time there finishing up as their OC. Originally from Wisconsin. The JI team has noted that he's an ace recruiter.

Going by his offense the past few years, he did a good job of spreading the ball around to a bevy of receivers and had a good lightning/thunder combo at running back. Seems like against us he was good at finding mismatches of our LBs covering their slot receivers.

https://fightinghawks.com/sports/foo...ny-freund/3259

Not sure it’s confirmed he will be the OC.

Comment

I just got an ESPN notification on my phone that Ryan Olson is promoted to OC and playcaller.

Comment

Per Pete Thamel ESPN
        "Source: South Dakota State is promoting offensive line coach Ryan Olson to offensive coordinator and play caller. He’ll replace Zach Lujan, who is leaving for Northwestern as the play caller."

"Former North Dakota OC Danny Freund is going to South Dakota State as the Co-OC and quarterbacks coach."

Comment

Wonder if they will bring in another OL coach to help Olson out with the Hogs.

Comment

Edit … Welcome New Co-OC Danny Freund

Quite the get to have someone leave Assistant Head Coach and OC position to come and be QB Coach + non-play calling Co-OC.

Excited for Coach Olson as well.

Comment

This says something about the FCS pecking order right now (and UND's commitment to athletics outside of Men's hockey). Then again, he may have looked at T.R. getting passed over in North Fargo and thought that experience outside of South Canada would do his future job prospects some good. Bubba might retire after next season and Freund heads right back to Grand Forks with some new coaching perspectives. Either way, this looks like a great get. The word is that he is an excellent recruiter.

Comment

I wouldn't know Coach Feund from any random person off the street.

But EVERY thing I have read since last night's news broke has been positive.

UND fans are mad. (how often does that go with an offensive coordinator leaving?)

Comment

Working...
                X