No announcement yet.

GDT: Montana @ Frisco, TX (01/07/24) ***FCS National Championship Game***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After a timeout, the offense is back out, and Gronowski pooch punts.

Comment

• As my alma mater, the Jacks are my #1 team. But as a Montanan, the Griz are my #1a team. What a damn game and season by the Jackrabbits. But well done in the first half showing up by the Griz.

Jacks fans in Frisco, run Frisco out of beer tonight and party hard with all the Griz fans that are down there.

Comment

• Jacks win!!!!

23-3. Final.

Comment

• 23-3. Final. Jackrabbits. Championship.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

• Hell of a game by the defense. They looked shaky on the first Griz drive but that 4th and goal stop really set the tone for the rest of the game. Offense was definitely off compared to normal but they did enough to get the win.

Thank you to all the players on the team for a great year and especially thank you to all the guys who played their final game as Jackrabbits.

Comment

• well post game interview one question to Gronowski- what do you think when you hear the crowd chanting one more year? Gronowski- yeah baby bring it back lets go!! sure doesnt sound like someone heading to the big 10. OH BTW this year jacks and i will go ahead and say next year too beat northwestern by double digits as often as not

Comment

• Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
                Hell of a game by the defense. They looked shaky on the first Griz drive but that 4th and goal stop really set the tone for the rest of the game. Offense was definitely off compared to normal but they did enough to get the win.

Thank you to all the players on the team for a great year and especially thank you to all the guys who played their final game as Jackrabbits.
                Bobbit didn't miss a beat this season, and I agree that we have much to be grateful for from departing seniors.

Comment

• maybe the offensive performance feels a little disappointing today but please do not overlook what the defense did!!! gave up total FIFTEEN points in 4 playoff games. i am pretty sure that after giving up only 3 points today that brings the jacks points against average below 9.3 points per game and makes them the best scoring defense in a very significant time maybe in all the time the jacks have been in D1

Comment

• i would also say, even if the offense underwhelmed a little, WOW the Jankes are SO GOOD!!! i am not sure that they were EVER covered today!! from what i could see the Jankes were open on nearly every play. Mark underthrew them twice on our second offensive possession on two throws that both had the potential to go all the way, obviously the second one was the interception

Comment

• Am I crazy or should Tucker Large be moved to shutdown corner next year? He shut down Junior Bergen today when matched up with him
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

• Originally posted by witness View Post
                        Am I crazy or should Tucker Large be moved to shutdown corner next year? He shut down Junior Bergen today when matched up with him
                        Tucker has a LOT of skills and could probably play a lot of positions well. obviously he has already moved back and forth between safety and LB. after the great success of Stahlbird moving to LB, i would not be shocked if they moved large to LB. they have plenty of LBs but most of them are lacking game experience, where the safety position returns several players with significant experience. in the end, however, i would expect the most likely move is leave him at safety where he can be utilized in pretty much whatever way they see him most helpful- either in coverage or very much like an extra LB

BTW Bergen was not their top receiver. they had 3 good WR for the year but White was their best. i think both by statistics and reputation. Bergen is a no doubt excellent player!! second team AA as a return man, but he also did display GREAT timing. he has 4 punt / kick return TDs on the year and three of them were in quarterfinal and semifinal rounds of the playoffs

Comment

• Back to back champs. Hard to complain about a 20 point win in the championship but we played sloppy. I think more importantly, that team deserved to play a bit better on that stage from an exposure perspective. Those guys changed jackrabbit football as we know it. The growth curve has been there but these guys broke the top off it. Going to miss seeing these guys play.
                          Grizz fans showed up. They were loud. I do think we outbumbered them at least 55/45? Met a few and all were respectful. I played at Missoula in 2005. That was the first time I ever played in an atmosphere like that. Only hobo days or ndsu ever came close to that atmosphere in. We talked out their program and how we could use it as a picture of where SDSU wanted to be. Their defense was small, and overmatched but very scrappy and tackled very well. They do remind me a bit of some previous jacks teams.
                          we should play a Montana school every year, it’s how football should be played. Lots of respect for their program. I do think if we play that game 10 times, 8 of them we would beat them by even more. It’s not disrespect, it really is just how great this team was. It’s an all time team and a level that we might never see at sdsu again. Cheers, go jacks!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCJack View Post
                            Back to back champs. Hard to complain about a 20 point win in the championship but we played sloppy. I think more importantly, that team deserved to play a bit better on that stage from an exposure perspective. Those guys changed jackrabbit football as we know it. The growth curve has been there but these guys broke the top off it. Going to miss seeing these guys play.
                            Grizz fans showed up. They were loud. I do think we outbumbered them at least 55/45? Met a few and all were respectful. I played at Missoula in 2005. That was the first time I ever played in an atmosphere like that. Only hobo days or ndsu ever came close to that atmosphere in. We talked out their program and how we could use it as a picture of where SDSU wanted to be. Their defense was small, and overmatched but very scrappy and tackled very well. They do remind me a bit of some previous jacks teams.
                            we should play a Montana school every year, it’s how football should be played. Lots of respect for their program. I do think if we play that game 10 times, 8 of them we would beat them by even more. It’s not disrespect, it really is just how great this team was. It’s an all time team and a level that we might never see at sdsu again. Cheers, go jacks!
                            The first half was absolutely the game that Montana wanted. Uncharacteristic SDSU mistakes. Ugly football. Staying ahead of the chains. They came out ready to play, adrenaline pumping, gave the Jacks their best shot, seemed to have all the momentum, but still went into half down 4. Their crowd was amped.

I would put the ratio at 60/40 SDSU/UM fans in the stands. On our side of the field, there was very little maroon infiltration. And the blue wrapped around the end zone and there were pretty good blocks of blue on both ends of the UM side of the stadium. It's hard to tell how loud you really are when your among the choir, but it sure seemed like the folks in maroon were louder, even if significantly fewer in representation. Lots of respect in the airports after the game from Griz fans.

It seemed to me that by the beginning of the fourth quarter, Montana had all but given up, as if they knew McDowell was never going to be able to dig them out of any kind of hole. They were punting with time running short. Ended the game with timeouts on hand. I haven't been over to eGriz but have to imagine there is some gnashing of teeth over there with how UM coaches coached in the final quarter.

Comment

• Originally posted by jbjack View Post

The first half was absolutely the game that Montana wanted. Uncharacteristic SDSU mistakes. Ugly football. Staying ahead of the chains. They came out ready to play, adrenaline pumping, gave the Jacks their best shot, seemed to have all the momentum, but still went into half down 4. Their crowd was amped.

I would put the ratio at 60/40 SDSU/UM fans in the stands. On our side of the field, there was very little maroon infiltration. And the blue wrapped around the end zone and there were pretty good blocks of blue on both ends of the UM side of the stadium. It's hard to tell how loud you really are when your among the choir, but it sure seemed like the folks in maroon were louder, even if significantly fewer in representation. Lots of respect in the airports after the game from Griz fans.

It seemed to me that by the beginning of the fourth quarter, Montana had all but given up, as if they knew McDowell was never going to be able to dig them out of any kind of hole. They were punting with time running short. Ended the game with timeouts on hand. I haven't been over to eGriz but have to imagine there is some gnashing of teeth over there with how UM coaches coached in the final quarter.
                              There was talk on the Griz forum that McDowell had given up and looked basically sick. That’s what I saw in his eyes also even in the 3rd quarter! Fans wanted the Fr. QB to come in and they for sure questioned the coaches management of the game in the 4th quarter!
                              But, they also said the Jacks were bigger, stronger and faster…no one can beat the Jacks!!!

Comment

• First half: After the first drive, I really wasn't impressed with Gronowski. Our subsequent first half drives were cut short by the pick and drive killing intentional grounding. We effectively had little to nothing going. We were following the "What Montana needs to do to win" blue print of pretty much every prognosticator.

2nd half: Gronowski had some clutch scrambles and took care of the ball much better. Nice to see the rebound.

I wish MVP could've gone to the defensive unit. Man, they were amazing. And to their credit, they did it as a team. Just like all year long.

Comment

Working...
                                X