Gronowski - Walter Payton Award winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gronowski - Walter Payton Award winner

Mark Gronowski wins the Walter Payton award.

Well deserved.

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
    Mark Gronowski wins the Walter Payton award.

Well deserved.
    Interesting note -- Isaiah Davis was closer to Brosmer (New Hampshire's QB), who was the 2nd leading finisher (53 point difference), than Brosmer was to Gronowski (58 point difference)

Comment

Congrats to Mark. I honestly never thought he had a chance at the award because it has historically been based on gaudy stats, but glad he was one of the few exceptions because he legitimately is the most important player in FCS imo.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        Congrats to Mark. I honestly never thought he had a chance at the award because it has historically been based on gaudy stats, but glad he was one of the few exceptions because he legitimately is the most important player in FCS imo.
        A TD every 10.6 throws seems gaudy to me.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

A TD every 10.6 throws seems gaudy to me.
          That's gaudy efficiency

Which is usually not as appreciated as big numbers in the minds of voters, but I'm happy voters regressed away from the mean for this year.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

I do wonder how things would’ve went had J’Bore Gibbs not gotten hurt in 2019. Jacks were 6-1 before his injury and I don’t think the season would’ve fallen apart like it did had he been out there, could’ve possibly gotten to Frisco that year. If he stayed healthy going into 2020-2021 does Gronowski still beat him out? Heck, even if he still did and Gibbs not gotten hurt in the COVID season he’d of gone in against SHSU when Mark went down and would’ve been the guy for the 2021 fall season. Would’ve been very interesting to see how things turned out.

In a way though it worked out. Gibbs injury at the time really made things seem hopeless, but along came Mark Gronowski to save the day.

Comment

I hope Mark returns to the Jacks next season. Then, if he wants to transfer for his fifth and final year of eligibility to get more exposure for the draft, fine. We'd still have Chase available at QB for two seasons, and he seems to have great potential, too. Despite losing a bunch of experienced and accomplished players next season, I think the Jacks will be good. There are a lot of talented recruits coming in to help with the reload.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Thought I would toss this item on here regarding work a team of SDSU mechanical engineering students, including Mark Gronowski, are working on.

I saw Coach Rogers in HyVee the other day and thanked him for fielding teams that are easy to root for; I probably could have articulated it much better, but my intent was to highlight the caliber of individuals comprising Jacks FB, which stories like these help underscore.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  Thought I would toss this item on here regarding work a team of SDSU mechanical engineering students, including Mark Gronowski, are working on.

I saw Coach Rogers in HyVee the other day and thanked him for fielding teams that are easy to root for; I probably could have articulated it much better, but my intent was to highlight the caliber of individuals comprising Jacks FB, which stories like these help underscore.
                  A lot of athletes get degrees from the engineering department. Ryan Van Marel and Matt Dentlinger, for example. There were always a couple guys in the classes I was taking with crutches or casts from the events of the previous Saturday!
                  Last edited by DieselJacks; 04-08-2024, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post

A lot of athletes get degrees from the engineering department. Ryan Van Marel and Matt Dentlinger, for example. There were always a couple guys in my classes with crutches or casts from the events of the previous Saturday!
                    Yeah, I had athletes in the courses I taught too, but they were typically taking those as an elective

Comment

The SDSU FCA chapter just announced their three summer interns, which include Mark Gronowski. Seems like a good indicator that he won't be playing anywhere else this season.

Comment

Working...
                      X