No announcement yet.

GDT: Villanova (12/09/23) ***FCS Championship, Quarter Finals***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Nova never sees the ball again. Methodical drive lead by a heavy dose of the 605 Hogs and Isaiah Davis.

23-12 Final.

Jackrabbits moving on!
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Zach Zenner, Pierre Strong, and Isaiah Davis are three of the best FCS running backs of all time, and the Jacks have gotten to see all three in the blue and yellow. Davis just tires teams out, really fun to watch.

Comment

Ugly ugly game
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

What a fun game.

Not worried about the offense.

I dare them to give us the Friday night game.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
            What a fun game.

per Herder: Updated FCS bracket says SDSU will get the Friday night semifinal game on ESPN2 (7 ET) Montana will play midday Saturday on ESPN2 (4:30 ET)

edit: Tyler just confirmed game time

Comment

What a fun game.

Think crowd will be sparser on Fri?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Think crowd will be sparser on Fri?
                I think it will be better. No wrestling tournaments on Friday night

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                  Matthew Durrance with the blocked punt and the scoop and score! What shot in the arm for this team.

10-6 Jackrabbits!
                  That was such an uplifting play for fans in stands too

Comment

I think it will be better. No wrestling tournaments on Friday night
                    I wish it was starting at 7pm CT to gives folks more time to get done work, but I already can't wait for Fri

Comment

Mark to Jaxon on the slant for the TD! Unsportsmanlike on Jon O'Brien, enforced on the PAT, but Dustman knocks it in anyways.

17-9 Jackrabbits.
                      That flag was frustrating because it was bracketed by them shoving Jacks and tossing forearm shivers well after play ended

Comment

EXCELLENT second half by the Jacks!! YES we have had some games where we come out and dominate immediately, But we are DEFINITELY a better second half team. no matter how much some want to question our coaches, i dont think there is ANY staff that makes better half time adjustments!!

can someone say, how much of the offense for the beginning of the game is scripted ahead of time and how much is called as we go? if scripted, obviously hopefully it is scripted fairly close to game time or adjustments are made late when weather conditions are better understood. in the game today it did seem like lot of outside runs and passes outside the numbers to begin, but in the second half it was a lot more run directly at them and passes on seams and in breaking routes. dont know why the game plan was set up for something different early but i am sure they had a reason. that said Grono definitely has the arm for passes to both sidelines and does fine throwing outside, but i have always believed that in his career he is BEST on passes in the middle of the field- seams, slants, ins, drags, etc..

ANYWAY love this team and love the coaches. there is a lot of discussion about the fact the Jacks do not lose players like other teams do. obviously that same loyalty extends to the coaching staff. not in that we never lose coaches, obviously we lose a lot of them!! but we have had and do have a lot of coaches who love this program and school. it is more than just a job or a paycheck

maybe we need to consider a special area, like the smack area, for those who really only want to be critical and have little interest in pointing out anything good the jacks do. i mean this team has won 27 games in a row and a championship and there are literally commenters in this thread who could not make EVEN ONE positive remark? are you serious? 27 wins in a row and a championship- but NOTHING positive to say? you might be working too hard at being unhappy

on to the semis!!! way to go Jacks!! feeling pretty confident that this will be this years HC game- the one game along the way to motivate the fellas to be totally tuned in the rest of the way. that said, AGAIN minus a fumble the offense did basically ANYTHING they wanted the entire second half!!! and yep we did uncharacteristically give up multiple 3rd down conversions on one drive, AND YET very true to form stiffened and showed the number one redzone defense and held Nova (a very good and physical Nova team BTW) to ONLY 3 points in the second half!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                          EXCELLENT second half by the Jacks!! YES we have had some games where we come out and dominate immediately, But we are DEFINITELY a better second half team. no matter how much some want to question our coaches, i dont think there is ANY staff that makes better half time adjustments!!

can someone say, how much of the offense for the beginning of the game is scripted ahead of time and how much is called as we go? if scripted, obviously hopefully it is scripted fairly close to game time or adjustments are made late when weather conditions are better understood. in the game today it did seem like lot of outside runs and passes outside the numbers to begin, but in the second half it was a lot more run directly at them and passes on seams and in breaking routes. dont know why the game plan was set up for something different early but i am sure they had a reason. that said Grono definitely has the arm for passes to both sidelines and does fine throwing outside, but i have always believed that in his career he is BEST on passes in the middle of the field- seams, slants, ins, drags, etc..

ANYWAY love this team and love the coaches. there is a lot of discussion about the fact the Jacks do not lose players like other teams do. obviously that same loyalty extends to the coaching staff. not in that we never lose coaches, obviously we lose a lot of them!! but we have had and do have a lot of coaches who love this program and school. it is more than just a job or a paycheck

maybe we need to consider a special area, like the smack area, for those who really only want to be critical and have little interest in pointing out anything good the jacks do. i mean this team has won 27 games in a row and a championship and there are literally commenters in this thread who could not make EVEN ONE positive remark? are you serious? 27 wins in a row and a championship- but NOTHING positive to say? you might be working too hard at being unhappy

on to the semis!!! way to go Jacks!! feeling pretty confident that this will be this years HC game- the one game along the way to motivate the fellas to be totally tuned in the rest of the way. that said, AGAIN minus a fumble the offense did basically ANYTHING they wanted the entire second half!!! and yep we did uncharacteristically give up multiple 3rd down conversions on one drive, AND YET very true to form stiffened and showed the number one redzone defense and held Nova (a very good and physical Nova team BTW) to ONLY 3 points in the second half!!!
                          I believe I've heard the first 15 plays are scripted.

I agree that I don't understand the destructive criticism leveled at Lujan in the thread
                          ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I believe I've heard the first 15 plays are scripted.

I agree that I don't understand the destructive criticism leveled at Lujan in the thread
                            ​​​​

Yah, I don't get it either.

Lujan came out too cautious imo, but he has been more than solid in his play calling throughout his short time as OC and has been damn near great with 2nd half adjustments.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Yah, I don't get it either.

Lujan came out too cautious imo, but he has been more than solid in his play calling throughout his short time as OC and has been damn near great with 2nd half adjustments.
                              I agree, and I think Bobbit done well too.

Jacks came very close to getting to Watkins on blitzes he called

Comment

I think Villanova's defense finally got worn down..that had a lot to do with the offiensive success in the second half.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X