Time for fans to step up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for fans to step up

I am guessing posting here may not do much good…because the people here are not the problem. However, everyone here needs to share the message.
    All year for our premier games I listened to bitching and moaning about getting tickets. Last year I heard even more pissing and moaning about Frisco tickets. Here we are, the #1 team in the country. Overwhelming favorites to repeat….and won’t be close to a sell out. (Even though the weather will be good and tickets are cheap)
    So, we need to start calling out the fair weather fans. Our team has done their part….it is time all of Jacks Nation does the same. I don’t want excuses about “it will be a blow out”, “too cold”, “can’t afford it”’….It may sound extreme, but if you can’t show up in Brookings for the playoffs, don’t waste your time poaching tickets for Frisco. Let the fans who show up for playoff buy Frisco tickets…you can have any leftovers.
    Saturday should be a great time. I expect a rowdy crowd with plenty of cowbell. If everyone in here spreads my opinion, it might just make a difference. The fact is, if we have less than 15k in the stands, we will look foolish.

Calling people out doesn't work. Selling the experience does. Example. Early in the season we had an extra ticket for the UND game and we invited a friend. He enjoyed the atmosphere and the game. We talked about the playoffs and told him those were the best games to attend because of the playoff atmosphere. It really is a good scene. Anyway, he asked to join us for the playoff game Saturday, along with his son and three of his son's friends.

Carry the story, the playoff atmosphere at the Dana is really an incredible scene. And, heated socks really do work to improve comfort.
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
      Calling people out doesn't work. Selling the experience does. Example. Early in the season we had an extra ticket for the UND game and we invited a friend. He enjoyed the atmosphere and the game. We talked about the playoffs and told him those were the best games to attend because of the playoff atmosphere. It really is a good scene. Anyway, he asked to join us for the playoff game Saturday, along with his son and three of his son's friends.

Carry the story, the playoff atmosphere at the Dana is really an incredible scene. And, heated socks really do work to improve comfort.
      This. This. This.

The calling out of fans on Twitter is nauseating.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

I thought this "hype" video did a great job.

That semifinal game last year was an amazing experience for me, but I've been "hooked" for decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackwagon View Post
          I am guessing posting here may not do much good…because the people here are not the problem. However, everyone here needs to share the message.
          All year for our premier games I listened to bitching and moaning about getting tickets. Last year I heard even more pissing and moaning about Frisco tickets. Here we are, the #1 team in the country. Overwhelming favorites to repeat….and won’t be close to a sell out. (Even though the weather will be good and tickets are cheap)
          So, we need to start calling out the fair weather fans. Our team has done their part….it is time all of Jacks Nation does the same. I don’t want excuses about “it will be a blow out”, “too cold”, “can’t afford it”’….It may sound extreme, but if you can’t show up in Brookings for the playoffs, don’t waste your time poaching tickets for Frisco. Let the fans who show up for playoff buy Frisco tickets…you can have any leftovers.
          Saturday should be a great time. I expect a rowdy crowd with plenty of cowbell. If everyone in here spreads my opinion, it might just make a difference. The fact is, if we have less than 15k in the stands, we will look foolish.
          What's sad is that loyal fans who shell out for playoff tickets are excluded from the initial ticket allotments for Frisco.

Still, I agree with you that whomever is making decisions on things like ticket prices for playoff games in Brookings is doing all they can to make it less onerous for fans.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I thought this "hype" video did a great job.

That semifinal game last year was an amazing experience for me, but I've been "hooked" for decades.
            And the fair weather will offer many more to have this fun tomorrow. I can tell you I appreciate the nicer weather for my own comfort!
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

And the fair weather will offer many more to have this fun tomorrow. I can tell you I appreciate the nicer weather for my own comfort!
              I can definitely understand some folks preferring warmer temps, and I hope you have a great time.

One reason I moved was to ensure weather would have less of an impact on my ability to get to games, but I also understand not everyone works remotely.

Comment

Working...
              X