Missouri St/End of regular season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri St/End of regular season

Is there someone who has followed the Bears who can give insight to the resurgent play that pounded UNI last weekend?
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

I certainly cannot speak for what caused Missouri State to beat UNI so bad, but it shows that even though their season is over, they aren't going to roll over and let us walk all over them. I'm sure they'd love nothing more then to cap off their season by taking down the #1 team in their own stadium. Guys need to be ready for this game. Here's hoping we can build a big lead at halftime and get the starters out as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      Is there someone who has followed the Bears who can give insight to the resurgent play that pounded UNI last weekend?
      It didn't help UNI that Theo Day went 14-35 with two picks. It looks like the MSU QB had a big day passing with over 300 yards. Someone said on the JI podcast that their QB got hurt late in the game and that their best RB was also injured and likely done for the season.

Comment

Each week the Sports Info office publishes a game preview of the upcoming football game. Here are two sentences from this week's preview: ​​​​​​Missouri State, meanwhile, will be in search of its second win in a row over a ranked opponent. The Bears knocked off No. 15 Northern Iowa in convincing fashion last Saturday, 35-16, to improve to 4-6 overall and 3-4 in the MVFC.

Link to gojacks.com preview: https://gojacks.com/news/2023/11/15/...on-finale.aspx

Compare: Link to the game preview on the Missouri State athletics website: https://missouristatebears.com/news/...nked-sdsu.aspx
        --------------------------

Northern Iowa went into last Saturday's game at Missouri State riding a three-game win streak and having a season conference record of 5-1. Missouri State was just 2-4 in the conference and had lost its two games immediately preceding the UNI game.

Missouri State, featuring one of the best passing offenses in the country, didn't just win its game with UNI, they gave UNI a 35-16 beatdown. At the half in that game, the Bears were up 21-3,

One more note about the UNI at MSU game: Missouri State's domination of UNI last Saturday may have ended UNI's hope for a playoff spot. We'll see what happens this Saturday when NDSU travels to UNI. NDSU goes into Saturday with a 7-3 overall, 4-3 conference record. UNI is 6-4 and 5-2. Do the math for an NDSU win and also for an NDSU loss. Missouri State's domination of UNI casts a shadow over this Saturday's NDSU at UNI game.

Like last Saturday, Missouri State's motivation this Saturday is that of a spoiler. No matter the result, the Bears' season will be over Saturday afternoon but one can bet the Bears' players have thought about the impact of a win over the #1 rated, undefeated Jackrabbits in Brookings. The 2024 season for Missouri State would be jump-started by such a result.

Whether we win or lose on Saturday, SDSU will advance and play for a trip to Frisco. But I'm confident Coach Rogers and his staff will have the Jacks ready to play the same as they did before every game this year.

We're playing to beat Missouri State.

That's it.

Comment

I watched the Missouri State head coach's weekly presser on YouTube--they're really looking forward to this game. We can certainly expect the Bears' best shot on Saturday.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Only approximately 1300 seats left for sale. Not sure if all of the seats sold are going to translate to butts in the seats, but I am pleasantly surprised. A month ago I was hoping for 12,000-14,000 but I am guessing a 60 degree day in November sure helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
              Only approximately 1300 seats left for sale. Not sure if all of the seats sold are going to translate to butts in the seats, but I am pleasantly surprised. A month ago I was hoping for 12,000-14,000 but I am guessing a 60 degree day in November sure helps.
              Last year was around 8k I believe for the finale against Illinois State, but the weather was pretty brutal if I remember. Temperature takes a hard dive after this weekend, will be interesting to see how the playoffs look.

Comment

There will be plenty of walk up sales.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
                  Last year was around 8k I believe for the finale against Illinois State, but the weather was pretty brutal if I remember. Temperature takes a hard dive after this weekend, will be interesting to see how the playoffs look.
                  Yes, the temperature was in the low 20s last year.

Hopefully Jacks can get at least 13k for playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Yes, the temperature was in the low 20s last year.

Hopefully Jacks can get at least 13k for playoffs.
                    I've always thought it would be interesting to get NDSU or USD in Brookings for the playoffs to see if that would bump attendance. There is a possibility we see it this year with NDSU having an outside shot at the 8th seed and USD should be in the 3-5 range.

Comment

I've always thought it would be interesting to get NDSU or USD in Brookings for the playoffs to see if that would bump attendance. There is a possibility we see it this year with NDSU having an outside shot at the 8th seed and USD should be in the 3-5 range.
                      If I were a betting man I would say one of them will be on our side of the bracket. If the Bison aren’t seeded it’s very possible they get sent to us in the second round.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFan80 View Post
                        If I were a betting man I would say one of them will be on our side of the bracket. If the Bison aren’t seeded it’s very possible they get sent to us in the second round.
                        If the Bison aren't a seed, I think it's likely that they and UND (if they get in) get sent to the Montana schools.

Comment

I'd like to get Grizz to Brookings to hopefully cheer Jacks to victory that would avenge '09 travesty.

I don't see them ever coming here otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

If the Bison aren't a seed, I think it's likely that they and UND (if they get in) get sent to the Montana schools.
                            I'm a partial fan of Sam Herder's bracket in that it would allow chance to see teams like Albany head to Brookings.

However, I'm leery of Bison being on opposite side of bracket, as I'd prefer to eliminate chance of a rematch for national championship

Comment

Jacks 38-10

Comment

Working...
                              X