No announcement yet.

GDT: @ Illinois State (10/07/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogers has to address the penalties even though that crew is notoriously bad. Defense and special teams aren't at championship level yet. Safety play was poor yesterday, bad angles and over-pursuit.

Need to handle UNI as I'm tired of the Hobo Day jinx.

Comment

Did the "blackout game" theme extend to postgame pressers?

I'm not seeing them anywhere.

Regarding the penalties, I'd like to see McCormick's in particular, as his propensity seems to be to go into the melee to back teammates, so I'm curious if it was an instance of that rather than a real "lack of discipline." I know that McCormick was calling for a flag on a subsequent play when a Redbird got chippy, and I wonder if that was the same player he tangled with to draw the flag.

Terveer's offside penalty immediately after the play where the Redbirds had a false start seemed close to being another false start.

It's ironic that some are lamenting not being at championship level on defense after convincingly beating ranked teams in consecutive weeks, but I'll concede that Hobo Day should put everything in context.
      Last edited by jakejc795; 10-08-2023, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Spack was very complimentary toward Jacks in this article (at one point even indicating Jacks are "better than Wisconsin at least the way they played today").

Comment

Any insight on Bock?

Anyone making excuses for the penalties is a homer. It’s been all year. Someone needs to take accountability.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
            Any insight on Bock?

Anyone making excuses for the penalties is a homer. It’s been all year. Someone needs to take accountability.
            He was at game and didn't appear to be in a boot

Comment

Should we expect him on the field against UNI?

Comment

Should we expect him on the field against UNI?
                I used up my dang barbershop intel trip yesterday morning, but I guess I'd figure he'd be option given fact he wasn't back here resting/getting treatment

Comment

Any insight on Bock?
                  Zim said after UND that he reaggravated his foot injury during UND game but didn't sound serious then but obviously kept him out against a ranked opponent.

Comment

The choices on Bock are to keep him out until he is 100%, or play him when he's maybe 90% and risk aggravating the foot. I'm guessing he wants to play since this could be his final season.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      The choices on Bock are to keep him out until he is 100%, or play him when he's maybe 90% and risk aggravating the foot. I'm guessing he wants to play since this could be his final season.
                      Tyler tried to "pin down" his choice regarding whether to come back a couple Jimmy Rogers Show episodes ago, and Bock didn't dismiss it outright (which isn't surprising or illuminating).

I wonder if having to miss another game or two could make him more apt to return next season.

Comment

• You don’t see FCS players getting drafted after being hurt all year

Comment

• Did anyone else notice an awkward exchange during postgame handshake with Spack and Rogers?

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            Did anyone else notice an awkward exchange during postgame handshake with Spack and Rogers?
                            No, most post game handshakes look akward unless its stig.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• The postgame interviews seemed more awkward than any handshake I saw, between the dang Redbird band choosing to play in area players were being interviewed and dang honyockers milling around Janke during his interview

Comment

• A couple potential noteworthy items from tonight's Jimmy Rogers Show:
                                • Blindside block penalty was reviewed by league, and Jacks were reportedly told that Jacks shouldn't have been flagged for that
                                  • Rogers also mentioned that he's not going to try to coach the intensity and physicality out of players like McCormick but the Jacks need to work on not opening themselves up to penalties for retaliation
                                • Rogers referred to The Chateau in Bloomington as "the Bates Hotel"

Comment

Working...
                                X