Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vs. UND

Is there a game this week? Quiet.
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

I was just thinking this. Hopefully it means the crowd will be even more Jacked up Sat. for what it sounds like might be a "Welcome Bock" party.

Comment

Jackrabbit Illustrated had a game preview as the early reference for the match. The shortage of game tickets should be a good indication of the home field advantage. 2pm game should have the fans primed for a noisy crowd. The FHawks should be a formidable group as they are checking in at #12 led by a talented quarterback(Schuster). As jakejc stated, it will be great to lengthen the linebacker group with Bock expected to be healthy. (Also, I expect SDSU to increase their lead in the beer sales category!) Go Jacks!
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        Is there a game this week? Quiet.
        Jonathan Fernandez has an article this afternoon on the Argus website. It likely will be in sports section tomorrow.
        No. 1 South Dakota State vs North Dakota: Who has the edge?

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          2pm game should have the fans primed for a noisy crowd.
          This is the worst part of the whole day. It used to be Hobo Day was the first day game. We have lights! Night games are awesome! 2pm games are "meh" it's going to be 85 degrees! I think a hot sweaty crowd after halftime is going to be flat, and is going to take an effort to get back into it.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Does anyone know anything about UND?

They are a sneaky team. I sometimes forget they exist

Comment

I know I'm personally just holding my breath a bit for this game, could be the case with a lot of others around here, causing the quiet board. UND, along with over half of the Valley, always plays real tough. I think the crowd is going to be amped up, maybe not quite to Montana State levels, but should be pretty raucous still. Agreed with disliking the 2 pm start here... I know they push those start times earlier as it gets later in the season for the weather... but we usually have pretty good daily and nightly weather well into October. C'mon!

I've seen a line of -18.5, which I think is pretty generous. I would be ecstatic for an 18+ point margin of victory.... but previous experience with the F'in Hawks says it should be closer. Not sure why, I clearly know their history of DII, Great West, Big Sky, and FCS Independent... but it always surprises me a bit we have really only played them 3 consecutive seasons... but all three games have been tight. Last year falling behind 21-7, then being up 49-28 with almost 1 minute left in the game prior to a 49-35 finish all felt too close still. I want a good, strong, fast start tomorrow...

Touchdown Tommy, err.... Sneaky Schuster... is always elusive as all get out. He's not an enormous running threat downfield, but he'll get out of the pocket to make the ridiculous pass. So far this year, he is credited for 19 carries for -21 yards, with a long of +11. Last year was 74 carries for 26 total, long of 26, and 2021 was 41 carrier for 89 yards, long of 14.

JI guys of course put together another nice writeup too. As with everyone this season, we're going to get their best shot... both the team and crowd should come out guns blazing, and sure hope to see Tommy get sacked a few times too.

Comment

I'll slide out onto the limb and say 27-21 Jacks.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Weather forecast is outstanding (at least for the fans...may get a little warm for the men on the field) : 79 Degrees at kickoff with a predicted high of 85 between 4 and 5 pm. Wind 10-20 mph but it'll be SSE so the stands will slow that down. Mostly sunny skies throughout the game.

My prediction: The Jacks finish the first half leading 10-7. We start the second half strong, and very quickly demonstrate, as we have for several seasons now, that the Jacks make better half-time adjustments than most of our opponents. We have a big third quarter and a comfortable fourth, closing out the game with the final score: SDSU 34, UND 17.

Comment

Andrew Holtan's article in the Brookings Register:

College football: SDSU Jackrabbits open Missouri Valley play with UND Fighting Hawks

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Merriam's gameday eve video. Obviously we say it, but I don't think we truly realize how special of a talent Tyler really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

This is the worst part of the whole day. It used to be Hobo Day was the first day game. We have lights! Night games are awesome! 2pm games are "meh" it's going to be 85 degrees! I think a hot sweaty crowd after halftime is going to be flat, and is going to take an effort to get back into it.
                        Why is this a day game?

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post

Why is this a day game?
                          TV? What else does Midco have going on Saturday night? (I'm not in-market for Midco).
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

TV? What else does Midco have going on Saturday night? (I'm not in-market for Midco).
                            It appears to be a rerun of UND vs NAU. It seemed October started the day games in the past.

Comment

A brief look back at previous years finds the first game in October to be both day and night games. It also finds many of the road games to be afternoon games in September.

Comment

Working...
                              X