70-7.

And that's your final.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        70-7.

And that's your final.
        Kerblasterfication.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Amar Johnson 1 yd run, 28-7. But if the Jacks want a reputation as a team of hotheads, they're well on their way towards solidifying that...another unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the drive, this one on Devon Cole.
          Looking at replay (1:09:57 mark begins sequence showing block), it appeared Cole took Williams to ground on Drake sideline, Williams kicked Cole, and then Cole grabbed Williams' leg and flung it.

Yes, the argument could be made that Cole could've walked away, but let's just say that "turning the other cheek" can be difficult to do when one's kicked where he appeared to be.

Did Cole's actions merit a flag? Yes, but Williams should've been flagged too.

Large's unsportsmanlike is a mystery to me even after the replay (39:20 mark). It looked like he just spun the ball, but it wasn't in the direction of a Bulldog, so unless he verbally taunted them, I can't see what he should've been penalize for. Does anyone else know what prompted Large's unsportsmanlike?

I know I didn't see or hear anything egregious viewing it live.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Looking at replay (1:09:57 mark begins sequence showing block), it appeared Cole took Williams to ground on Drake sideline, Williams kicked Cole, and then Cole grabbed Williams' leg and flung it.

Yes, the argument could be made that Cole could've walked away, but let's just say that "turning the other cheek" can be difficult to do when one's kicked where he appeared to be.

Did Cole's actions merit a flag? Yes, but Williams should've been flagged too.

Large's unsportsmanlike is a mystery to me even after the replay (39:20 mark). It looked like he just spun the ball, but it wasn't in the direction of a Bulldog, so unless he verbally taunted them, I can't see what he should've been penalize for. Does anyone else know what prompted Large's unsportsmanlike?

I know I didn't see or hear anything egregious viewing it live.
            I think that's where the 'hothead' reputation has begun to set in with the Jacks. They're not going to get the benefit of the doubt right now.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It’s makes me upset as a fan too. There is having an edge and then there is being dumb. Our guys have been dumb so far this season.

And it really gets me going when Rogers makes excuses for them postgame.

Comment

I was wondering too, maybe it built up too it and spinning the ball was over the top. I didnt think that was an automatic flag.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  I was wondering too, maybe it built up too it and spinning the ball was over the top. I didnt think that was an automatic flag.
                  Coach Rogers discussed this with Tyler a few minutes ago during Jimmy Rogers Radio Show, and spinning the ball was the reason for the penalty. Rogers indicated he sent the play in for postgame review and was assured that Large shouldn't have been penalized.

Comment

Coach Rogers discussed this with Tyler a few minutes ago during Jimmy Rogers Radio Show, and spinning the ball was the reason for the penalty. Rogers indicated he sent the play in for postgame review and was assured that Large shouldn't have been penalized.
                    He also said the throwing of the opponents equipment shouldn’t have been a penalty, it’s all excuses. I don’t like it

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post

He also said the throwing of the opponents equipment shouldn’t have been a penalty, it’s all excuses. I don’t like it
                      We can disagree that there's a distinction between Cole's penalty and Large's.

In Large's case, a more objective arbiter allegedly concluded his actions did not merit a penalty. Moreover, he's done little to cause me to fear he's a hothead, showboat, etc. Cole hasn't really either, but again, I've admitted that Cole's sideline actions during the sequence he was penalized were understandably flagged.

I am glad you mentioned the "equipment" because that was a prime example of Rogers seemingly being incorrect regarding that penalty. He mentioned in postgame interview that a handwarmer was tossed, and he couldn't believe someone was wearing one with those temperatures. I think we all know it was a shoe. Anyway, I digress; suffice it to say I have confidence the Jacks will shore that up.

Seems we may also disagree on Rogers' seeking clarification on Large's "penalty" being an example of a coach doing his due diligence

Comment

Your right

I am just hoping to see less personal fouls

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                          Your right

I am just hoping to see less personal fouls
                          Me too.

Motto for 9/30 is "more (or really any) sacks, fewer flags."

Comment

Me too.

Motto for 9/30 is "more (or really any) sacks, fewer flags."
                            I agree with the sentiment expressed by jakejc.

As the Drake game continued in the second half, I wondered if our defense adjusted play somewhat which had as a consequence no sacks and fewer QB hurry-ups. I think we could have Pine Bluffed the Bulldogs if we turned up the defense to 100% (which likely would have increased chances for injuries and a refusal to play us in the future when we're looking for an fcs early-season opponent). I enjoyed the weather and the game at Target field but have to admit to taking a 5-minute snooze (maybe slightly beer-encouraged) midway through the second half.

I think everyone, fans, coaches, players, would agree the flags are not a good thing. I suspect we'll get that issue cleaned up because those flags can kill us in any of the games remaining on the schedule. SalemJack -- I don't agree with your criticism of Coach Rogers. He was a fiery player and we have some fiesty guys on the roster who, I hope now know, that it's often the case that an initial act isn't spotted by the refs: it's the reaction the refs see and then throw a flag. If Cole got kicked, a reaction is pretty understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

I agree with the sentiment expressed by jakejc.

As the Drake game continued in the second half, I wondered if our defense adjusted play somewhat which had as a consequence no sacks and fewer QB hurry-ups. I think we could have Pine Bluffed the Bulldogs if we turned up the defense to 100% (which likely would have increased chances for injuries and a refusal to play us in the future when we're looking for an fcs early-season opponent). I enjoyed the weather and the game at Target field but have to admit to taking a 5-minute snooze (maybe slightly beer-encouraged) midway through the second half.

I think everyone, fans, coaches, players, would agree the flags are not a good thing. I suspect we'll get that issue cleaned up because those flags can kill us in any of the games remaining on the schedule. SalemJack -- I don't agree with your criticism of Coach Rogers. He was a fiery player and we have some fiesty guys on the roster who, I hope now know, that it's often the case that an initial act isn't spotted by the refs: it's the reaction the refs see and then throw a flag. If Cole got kicked, a reaction is pretty understandable.
                              Good point in first "full" paragraph regarding defense. The MSU offense's proclivities also had me thinking the lack of sacks by Jacks was less an indictment on pass rush and more potentially a function of them trying to contain Mellott and Chambers.

I'm thinking Jacks have least three sacks on 30th.

Comment

I'm not really concerned with sacks on the 30th. That as long as Schuster is kept in a permanent state of hurry. UND will, I guarantee, provoke a personal foul. Every team from here on out will because they know they can.
                                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                                X