John Stiegelmeier Retiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Stiegelmeier Retiring

End of an era. Jimmy Rogers is the next head coach. I’m a little shocked he didn’t try for 2 titles.

Thank you Coach Stig. Won the title and went out on a high note. Truly incredible how much he transformed the program since they went to FCS
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

What a legend.

Comment

I am hoping he is staying connected to SDSU/ the program in a leadership/fundraising role…

Comment

Sting’s legend will only grow.

Overseeing the FCS move, being there at the birth of the Marker rivalry, producing a massive coaching tree, having decades of former players that adore him, and then going out on top.

Now that’s a guy who “made a difference”!

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
            I am hoping he is staying connected to SDSU/ the program in a leadership/fundraising role…
            Me too. I appreciate the coaches he hired and athletes he contributed to bringing to Brookings.

I've been grateful to watch all of them.

Comment

Press conference 10am tomorrow to introduce Rogers as the next head coach.

Comment

Mixed emotions here… Happy that he is going out on top. Sad because he was such an institution at SDSU.

I remember asking him questions during the post-game, and even interviewing him for our coaches show on KJAM. He was always kind, personable, and patient (especially when I asked him a dumb question). But through it all, his love for SDSU was obvious.

I know he’d hate it, but can we just name the damn field after him?
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Bittersweet. Would’ve loved to have seen him coach forever at this point but what a time to go out on top!

I think for the longevity of the program, this is probably the best time possible for this. Next year has a tremendous team returning, we have two incredible assistant coaches, and the momentum is as high as it has ever been. Stig’s ability to carry us from a mediocre D2 team to a D1 national champion will never be forgottten!

Comment

He’ll hate both things but name the field after him and build him a statue.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                      Mixed emotions here… Happy that he is going out on top. Sad because he was such an institution at SDSU.

I remember asking him questions during the post-game, and even interviewing him for our coaches show on KJAM. He was always kind, personable, and patient (especially when I asked him a dumb question). But through it all, his love for SDSU was obvious.

I know he’d hate it, but can we just name the damn field after him?
                      Renaming of Campus Drive?

Dykhouse Stadium at Stiegelmeier FIeld?

Isn't the stadium naming pretty much on lockdown unless/until someone funds renovations?

Comment

Happy for Stig. The rise of the program under his leadership is impressive.

Comment

Well done.

What a great story.

Comment

Going out on top. Coach is a winner in many more ways than the obvious. He has built a legacy that will run for a very long time.
                            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                              Bittersweet. Would’ve loved to have seen him coach forever at this point but what a time to go out on top!

I think for the longevity of the program, this is probably the best time possible for this. Next year has a tremendous team returning, we have two incredible assistant coaches, and the momentum is as high as it has ever been. Stig’s ability to carry us from a mediocre D2 team to a D1 national champion will never be forgottten!
                              This is the attention grabbing accomplishment, NO DOUBT, but it will not be the most important thing to Stig. He LOVES LOVES LOVES football no doubt, but he was ALWAYS using football as a tool to make a difference in the lives of young men and as many other people as he could impact along the way.

He impacted the entire athletic department and school and he taught literally thousands of young men about making a difference and being the best that they could be. Very well done Coach VERY VERY well done indeed. I need no more than the number of ears on my head to count the number of people i have met in the coaching world who i think are equal to Coach Stig as a person of character and integrity!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X