Jacks FB HOF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks FB HOF

Just mentioned Zenner and Weineke being inner inner circle HOFers in the assistant coaches thread. Winning the first NC will probably elevate some players for that type of recognition. SO.....:

Who is already in the jacks HOF?
    and do you rank anybody #1 all time at their position? or how close do you have them?

Again, I think any or every key contributor who has been on both trips to Frisco has to get a fairly significant bump in recognition. How can they not? The program has been to exactly two NC in program history and some of these guys contributed a lot to both of them

I will try to keep commentary minimalish
    I could go on about lots of the guys, but will see if the topic gets any momentum

QB- Not there yet statistically, and i am not sure we throw enough for him to catch the top guys in passing stats, but i think even if he did not play another game, Gronowski is in the jacks HOF and the top QB in Jacks history.
    he has started for 2 years and taken the team to 2 NC and their first win. and it was not a case where, hey we have a young QB lets have him manage the game while the experienced guys carry us to wins. He has been a very big piece of the puzzle and according to Stig he has been the best leader on the team since the first year

WR- It seems nfl folks rate Jaxon ahead of Jadon but as far as we are concerned, it seems like they will always be recognized together.

I would say both make Jacks HOF
    definitely not ahead of Jake on all time list
    probably had the ability to put up more stats if they played in a more pass heavy offense

both of them have made lots of memorable and meaningful catches. most recent
    Jadon great one hand catch on the sideline in Frisco
    Jaxon amazing catch in the corner of the endzone in Frisco
    (I wont continue to list what seems like MY signature play for each guy at this point. maybe following commenters will want to?)

TE- With the injuries this year, T Kraft really only had big contributions for the one season

I think probably yes HOF but not a total lock
    a significant nfl career would make it more of a lock, but that would be for reasons beyond jacks playing days

Dallas is still the top dog all time, and stats wise it is not close. Tucker has more than stats. he might be HOF just for turning down the NIL in the wake of the Sheierman situation!! Tucker is probably every bit as capable (seems like he is gonna get a shot to prove it or not at next level) but really only was main guy for one year and the jacks dont throw nearly as much as they did when Dallas was wearing blue and yellow

RB- Major contributor to two NC playoff runs and was basically the offense after Mark went down the first time. seems like ID is a lock

the late lead changing TD run against SHSU might be the greatest or at least most famous run in program history
    Still definitely behind Ranek and Zenner on all time RB list and maybe behind Minnett, but i would say the two NC playoff runs put him in 3rd with a chance for more depending on how many games / seasons remain. He is not going to come close to their career numbers and so far has not shown the durability to come close to their single season numbers either

OL- Greenfield and McCormick and maybe more??? if their careers ended today those two are probably in and nobody else has done enough yet

Langer is still clearly CLEARLY the top dog on the all time jacks OL list and Timmerman is next. are GG and MM next after two runs to Frisco?

DL- both Sanders and Winkleman are probably HOF maybe not a total lock, but they both contributed a lot to two NC game playoff runs. there are and have been a LOT of contributors to a deep and VERY IMPORTANT DL group for these 3 time semifinalists and two time final game teams, but these two will probably go down as the face of the group

I am sure i could not name everyone who could be in the conversation here, but i think you can make an argument they are the top 2 DL guys on the all time list

LB- Bock is probably already in. probably nobody else at this point, but put another trophy in the case and that could change

I would say Rozeboom is still #1 at this point. we have other LB already in the HOF and i dont think Rogers is in yet but he is working on it. Has Bock surpassed his coach already as a player?

DBs- probably nobody yet. win another NC or two and see what happens)) Stalbird feels most likely at this point, but somebody who makes a key interception in a playoff game can get elevated fast

special teams
    OBVIOUSLY AV is the top dog here
    Dustman had a great game punting vs ndsu. feels like arguably his best game in the biggest game, but dont think he is there yet and if the jacks keep winning playoff games by double digits it is gonna be tough for him to get that big memorable kick
    Last edited by LetsGoRabbits; 01-20-2023, 06:00 PM.
Working...
X