Assistant Coach moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

Is anyone worried about the amount of former Jackrabbit players on the coaching staff? Not only that, very young coaches. This is not a knock on anyone individually…and obviously this is Rogers’ team…but it probably takes some experience to identify talent and turn those kids into players.

Again, not a knock on anyone specifically. I just worry there’s a little bit of “inbreeding” going on with the hires and it worries me 3-4 years from now.
    I believe the balance remains the same as 3 of the coaches that left came here from outside the system ( Smith, Crenshaw and Erickson ), and were replaced by 3 coaches from outside the system ( Rouse, Banks and Bibbs ).

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Coach Rogers has discussed his rationale -- that individuals with experience in the program and on campus can likely more effectively advocate consideration of the Jacks by recruits. In addition, these individuals have coached elsewhere.

We shall see, but just curious, why is your concern for 3-4 years from now?
      You find out if your recruiting class is any good in 3-4 years.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

You find out if your recruiting class is any good in 3-4 years.
        Multiple current coaches contributed to Jacks locating/signing/offering Gronowski, Freeman, Stalbird, Bock, etc. between 2019 and now, so you can count me among those less concerned with perceived insularity.

Crenshaw's departure was probably the one I lamented most, but I'm excited to see how Rouse does. Davis to USD would've been more concerning to me if both Jankes weren't returning, which raises an interesting potential counterpoint; namely, how influential is the return of veteran players (and potential pro prospects) in bolstering recruiting during that 3-4 year window you mentioned?

Comment

• Personally, I like the hires. My only concerns is the number of coaches and position groups that have turned over in the last two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• A new head coach, five new assistants, and adjustments in some assistants' duties. That's a lot of turnover and change.for sure. But I like the hires,too. I continue to wonder who will coordinate special teams.
            This space for lease.

Comment

• Jacks add Pat Cashmore to the coaching staff as special teams coodinator. Cashmore most recently was the special teams coordinator and running backs coach at Pitt State. The staff looks complete. It's time to roll!
              This space for lease.

Comment

• Is this the first time that the Jacks have had a stand-alone special teams coach ?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Is this the first time that the Jacks have had a stand-alone special teams coach ?
                  I don't know, but special teams deserves a full-time coach. For the past three seasons, Rob Erickson doubled as special teams coordinator and cornerbacks coach.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                    A name to keep an eye out for to fill the D Line Coach Position: Kellen Soulek, Yankton native, coached D Line for Mount Marty last year.
                    Soulek is reportedly working with defensive quality control

Comment

Working...
                    X