Assistant Coach moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

He has not. Zimmer even asked Sell last week if Stig was retiring or coming back and even Sell didn’t know for sure at that time. I wouldn’t be shocked if he does call it a career.
    Zimmer also mentioned perspective there'd be increased pressure on new coach to repeat as national champion. Plus, there's the allure of 200 wins to entice Stig to give it "one more go" (even if he might not publicly admit it).

The Jacks have the added benefit of their heir apparent already being on staff.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Zimmer also mentioned perspective there'd be increased pressure on new coach to repeat as national champion. Plus, there's the allure of 200 wins to entice Stig to give it "one more go" (even if he might not publicly admit it).

The Jacks have the added benefit of their heir apparent already being on staff.
      I made those same basic points in post #32 earlier in this thread. It wouldn't surprise me if we get an announcement at some point that Stig will coach another year with Jimmy becoming head coach after that.

Comment

Stig is coming back, that what he told tyler merrium in a an interview
        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I made those same basic points in post #32 earlier in this thread. It wouldn't surprise me if we get an announcement at some point that Stig will coach another year with Jimmy becoming head coach after that.
          Are you Matt Zimmer?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Are you Matt Zimmer?
            I'm much older.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I'm much older.
              Gives you valuable insight.

Speaking of which, if you had to bet, would you expect these assistant coaches' successors to be from ranks of other FCS schools or maybe NSIC/DII given that it's not an OC like Jacks needed last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                Stig is coming back, that what he told tyler merrium in a an interview
                I would bet the farm that Coach Stig is stepping down within the next few hours, or by end of tomorrow. With Coach Rogers sliding into HC. Which makes me wonder, don't they legally need to open the job, advertise and interview x amount of candidates. Or maybe they got to bypass this? I do think Stig will have some impact regarding fundraising, and such kind of like what Tom Osborne was to Nebraska after he resigned. Either way I think we are in good hands.

Comment

Coach Davis got a huge pay raise with the Yotes, unbelievable

Comment

Originally posted by centraljack90 View Post

I would bet the farm that Coach Stig is stepping down within the next few hours, or by end of tomorrow. With Coach Rogers sliding into HC. Which makes me wonder, don't they legally need to open the job, advertise and interview x amount of candidates. Or maybe they got to bypass this? I do think Stig will have some impact regarding fundraising, and such kind of like what Tom Osborne was to Nebraska after he resigned. Either way I think we are in good hands.
                    If I remember correctly, Hendo got promoted very quickly after Otz resigned.

Comment

Originally posted by poppa1 View Post
                      Coach Davis got a huge pay raise with the Yotes, unbelievable

How much?
                      Why is a pay raise unbelievable?

Comment

Over100k, making alot more than any of our assistants

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

How much?
                          Why is a pay raise unbelievable?
                          Making $161,635.00

Jimmy currently makes $96,601.00

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post

Making $161,635.00

Jimmy currently makes $96,601.00
                            Notable difference. However, USD hasn’t and likely won’t have to pay any postseason win bonuses out. Not sure if that applies to assistants. Regardless, Lujan and Rogers deserve significant raises.

Comment

Now that the governor’s recognition is done, stay tuned!

Comment

Stig is retiring. Jimmy Rogers is the next HC. Probably deserves a new thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X