No announcement yet.

Fiasco in Frisco: the SDSU pep rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope some of you made it to our (Jackrabbit Illustrated) tailgate on Sunday morning. I think folks had a good time! We worked together with the JFPA and another group consisting of seed companies to organize something pretty cool. Hopefully you got some of the free beer and food. If you made it, thanks for coming! If you didn't make it, hopefully we see you next year!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

You have elevated the tailgate experience at SDSU, the rest of us will need to boost our game next fall

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        I hope some of you made it to our (Jackrabbit Illustrated) tailgate on Sunday morning. I think folks had a good time! We worked together with the JFPA and another group consisting of seed companies to organize something pretty cool. Hopefully you got some of the free beer and food. If you made it, thanks for coming! If you didn't make it, hopefully we see you next year!
        Kudos to a job well done. That amount of work that goes into something like that most can't understand. Made it so the rest of us could have a great time.

Comment

Fiasco in Frisco.... Should trademark that and sell it to Bisonville for renaming their game day thread! Heck of a ballgame!

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post
            Fiasco in Frisco.... Should trademark that and sell it to Bisonville for renaming their game day thread! Heck of a ballgame!
            In the great scheme of things, it turned out to be a minor irritant in a storybook weekend.

But I wanted to make sure it was out there, so the planners in the future know exactly how big of a turnout Jackrabbit Nation can be.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The JI/JFPA tailgate was awesome. Thanks for making it happen and to all the volunteer sponsors. Excellent time with JI and FCS Nation podcasters. As an active AGS and this board member, love the chance to talk FCS football with other fan bases.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hopefully tailgates like this can happen in Brookings. Awesome but sad that we have to travel 1,000 miles south to have a great tailgate experience (not saying that Brookings ones aren't great... but this was something else) and to have more fans at a game than home playoff games. Thanks to all who volunteered to put it together and businesses that donated.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

Hopefully tailgates like this can happen in Brookings. Awesome but sad that we have to travel 1,000 miles south to have a great tailgate experience (not saying that Brookings ones aren't great... but this was something else) and to have more fans at a game than home playoff games. Thanks to all who volunteered to put it together and businesses that donated.
                  One would have to think that the party in Frisco (and all the associated hype going back to the snowball celebration in the semifinal game) is going to have some visible effects at the start of next year. Having Montana State coming in right off the bat should really make it take off.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

One would have to think that the party in Frisco (and all the associated hype going back to the snowball celebration in the semifinal game) is going to have some visible effects at the start of next year. Having Montana State coming in right off the bat should really make it take off.
                    We still need to add another game. It would be nice to get a buy game for someone to come to Brookings for week #1. Celebrate the Natty, hand out the rings and it would draw a big crowd regardless of the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

We still need to add another game. It would be nice to get a buy game for someone to come to Brookings for week #1. Celebrate the Natty, hand out the rings and it would draw a big crowd regardless of the opponent.
                      Lindenwood still has opening, but that'd be four road games to start season, and they already play WIU and Redbirds.

Think an inaugural Anti-Portal Bowl might be an option?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

We still need to add another game.
                        Maybe ESPN and @notthefakeSVP would like to sponsor a new annual kickoff weekend neutral site ‘Not the Fake (insert name) Bowl. USC vs USC, UND vs UND, etc Since both teams have an opening weekend open date the 2023 inaugural event could be SDSU vs SDSU.

Play the game at USBank, Vegas, or any other neutral site location that people can get to easily. Pay the teams out of the gate/media revenue so no return game is expected. Promote by showing times the logos, names, etc have been confused. Winner get the bragging rights as NottheFake——.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Lindenwood still has opening, but that'd be four road games to start season, and they already play WIU and Redbirds.

Think an inaugural Anti-Portal Bowl might be an option?
                          The 'lessor" SDSU does have an opening that weekend? Hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

We are talking about it. Stay tuned!
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post

ESPN's world just might end.

Seriously though, I think Kennesaw State might have open date too.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post

There's even a petition to get it scheduled.

Unfortunately, they're playing Idaho State 8/26/23.

Comment

Working...
                                X