Fiasco in Frisco: the SDSU pep rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiasco in Frisco: the SDSU pep rally

Complete clusterf***. Venue was far too small for the event, organization was almost totally nonexistent. Complete failure by the organizers (Frisco and the NCAA, mainly.)

We got there just after 4, had purchased the vip valet parking that you couldn't get to because of the size of the turnout.

After nearly an hour in the venue waiting in the totally unorganized food line, we bailed out and went to a restaurant. We weren't the only ones who did that.

Complete and utter fail. We WILL be getting our money back.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Complete clusterf***. Venue was far too small for the event, organization was almost totally nonexistent. Complete failure by the organizers (Frisco and the NCAA, mainly.)

We got there just after 4, had purchased the vip valet parking that you couldn't get to because of the size of the turnout.

After nearly an hour in the venue waiting in the totally unorganized food line, we bailed out and went to a restaurant. We weren't the only ones who did that.

I get it, we all suffered thru it. Growing pains by everyone. Could be worse, could be at home watching someone else play. The Jack's planners will do better next time. Go Jack's,

Comment

We were there as well! Were definitely some MAJOR oversights by the alumni association and venue. Fun to see that many Jacks fans around though! Had some Hutchins BBQ for supper instead after we bailed too. That was top notch!

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Complete failure by the organizers (Frisco and the NCAA, mainly.)
        The NCAA and City of Frisco have ZERO to do with YOUR pep rally. SDSU is responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post

The NCAA and City of Frisco have ZERO to do with YOUR pep rally. SDSU is responsible.
          I agree what does Frisco/NCAA have to do with any of this? Just a really odd stayemt
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

My god. Quit being dramatic. We all suffered through it. I patiently waited in line for 30+ minutes for food and banged elbows and shoulders with a TON of Jacks fans.

At the end of the day the support for the Jackrabbits is incredible to see. I’ll consider my ticket a donation.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

I agree what does Frisco/NCAA have to do with any of this? Just a really odd stayemt
              I believe that the event company that ran the charter for the Alumni Association also was in charge of the pep rally. You signed up through them anyway.

Comment

EB Sports was planner. Crowd was not predicted to have large walk up. They were running out of some all you can eat around 6pm as I had last smoked sausage and a long line behind me. The venue was packed tight with very very slow movement in bottle neck between the 2 halves.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I don’t think this was on the alumni assoc at all. First year for all of us (really). The alumni assoc leadership is excellent. When we make it back again, they’ll make sure this is a better experience. I’m mainly impressed by all of the blue down here. It’s unreal. Now onto the game today!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

My god. Quit being dramatic. We all suffered through it. I patiently waited in line for 30+ minutes for food and banged elbows and shoulders with a TON of Jacks fans.

At the end of the day the support for the Jackrabbits is incredible to see. I’ll consider my ticket a donation.
                    The only statement that I made that was not 100% factual was my last sentence.

I think they planned for a Bison crowd and got a Jackrabbit crowd instead.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If you make it back

Comment

The tailgating scene is MORE than making up for it.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by BIZUN 86 View Post
                          If you make it back
                          dip****. 4-0 and counting
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by BIZUN 86 View Post
                            If you make it back
                            Thank you for your continued interest in Jackrabbit Football! for a peak at next year's roster just look at the FCS 2023 Championship program then cross out the 3 starters that are leaving and our 1 transfer out. It will look so similar. Again tha ks for dropping by!
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Yes we defiantly overwhelmed the cater, but they had to know what was coming I bet most pre bought the tickets from the venue. The weird thing i thought was that there hardly any tables or standing tables to eat. I don't but much blame on foundation other than they got sold on a giant lie. I know they be better prepared for the future.
                              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                              X