Tanner Castora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanner Castora

KELO's Tanner Castora continues to provide great interviews and articles for the Jacks. This is another good one!
    https://www.keloland.com/sports/cast...fter-14-games/

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    KELO's Tanner Castora continues to provide great interviews and articles for the Jacks. This is another good one!
    https://www.keloland.com/sports/cast...fter-14-games/
    Big fan of his Championship play sequence and score prediction

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Big fan of his Championship play sequence and score prediction
      not going to be that dramatic. Rabbits by 2 TD, and will never feel in doubt.
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Tanner has had awesome coverage all year. I really hope Kelo plans on sending him to Frisco

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

not going to be that dramatic. Rabbits by 2 TD, and will never feel in doubt.
          I'm a fan of that prediction too.

Comment

I hope kelo figures out a way to keep him. His work is top notch. He does his home work and puts his effort into it.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Be sure to read Tanner's column. It's really good. Lots of insight from an informed outsider. I get the feeling that the Jacks are peaking at exactly the right time.
              This space for lease.

Comment

A good read - a bit stream of consciousness in style but good observations in there. I especially like the bit where Amar Johnson said to Tanner that it's the first time he has felt healthy all year. Amar made some strong contributions through the season, but if the semifinal performance is a look at what he can do when fully healthy then I very much look forward to a lot of Isaiah Davis, a lot of Amar with a few by Gronowski sprinkled in. Oh yes, and perhaps throw in a jet sweep type addition to the running game from Craft and one of the Janke's and I think that our running game will be tough to handle.
                The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Just heard on the " B-Team" podcast that KELO is not sending Tanner to Frisco, which is a load of crap. Also, KSFY/KDLT is not sending Zach Borg either.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Just heard on the " B-Team" podcast that KELO is not sending Tanner to Frisco, which is a load of crap. Also, KSFY/KDLT is not sending Zach Borg either.
                    That's a dang shame. Wonder if Ovenden is going instead?

Speaking of Borg, his latest "Athlete of the Week" featuring Tucker Kraft is worth watching (especially final statement re. NDSU)

Comment

That's a dang shame. Wonder if Ovenden is going instead?
                      Speaking of Borg, his latest "Athlete of the Week" featuring Tucker Kraft is worth watching (especially final statement re. NDSU)
                      Mark Ovenden and a couple other members of the KDLT-KSFY news staff left for Frisco today (Wednesday). I heard that on his radio show. Ovenden does a good job reporting on the Jacks, too. I assume sports director Grant Sweeter is going for KELO-TV. He's pretty new to that position, so we'll see how he does. He's no stranger to local sports, including SDSU. I join those applauding the in-depth Jackrabbit coverage that Tanner Castora has provided for KELO as a reporter (online and on TV broadcasts). He has helped demonstrate there's a big, regional appetite for Jackrabbit news. Matt Zimmer of the Argus Leader does a good job, too, given the newspaper's diminished resources. I'm especially appreciate of the Jackrabbit Illustrated team of independent bloggers and podcasters. They are raising the bar for SDSU coverage. If you're a Jackrabbit fan, check them out. They are fun to follow and know what they're talking about.
                      Last edited by Jacked_Up; 01-04-2023, 10:49 PM.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

Mark Ovenden and a couple other members of the KDLT-KSFY news staff left for Frisco today (Wednesday). I heard that on his radio show. Ovenden does a good job reporting on the Jacks, too. I assume sports director Grant Sweeter is going for KELO-TV. He's pretty new to that position, so we'll see how he does. He's no stranger to local sports, including SDSU. I join those applauding the in-depth Jackrabbit coverage that Tanner Castora has provided for KELO as a reporter (online and on TV broadcasts). Hie has helped demonstrate there's a big, regional appetite for Jackrabbit news. Matt Zimmer of the Argus Leader does a good job, too, given the newspaper's diminished resources. I'm especially appreciate of the Jackrabbit Illustrated team of independent bloggers and podcasters. They are raising the bar for SDSU coverage. If you're a Jackrabbit fan, check them out. They are fun to follow and know what they're talking about.
                        I've checked out JI's information, and I agree that it's excellent quality

Sam Herder had a great "preview" podcast with guests being MVFC Commish Viverito, WDAY's Dom Izzo, and Zim.

I appreciated Viverito providing valuable insight on site selection, potential playoff changes, TV deal, and Frisco field considerations. Portable turf was reportedly considered for Frisco, but timeline didn't allow it.

I'd be curious of the cost of that compared to moving to another location.

Izzo is a great source of Bison commentary, and Zim continues to offer Jacks "intel."

Comment

I've checked out JI's information, and I agree that it's excellent quality

Sam Herder had a great "preview" podcast with guests being MVFC Commish Viverito, WDAY's Dom Izzo, and Zim.

I appreciated Viverito providing valuable insight on site selection, potential playoff changes, TV deal, and Frisco field considerations. Portable turf was reportedly considered for Frisco, but timeline didn't allow it.

I'd be curious of the cost of that compared to moving to another location.

Izzo is a great source of Bison commentary, and Zim continues to offer Jacks "intel."
                          Moving to another location wouldn't cost the NCAA anything unless the host site wouldn't provide the atmosphere or access that would allow fans to attend and participate at the same levels. That has been largely driven by the participation of NDSU and JMU every year. Weber State plays IWU, and it's a much smaller crowd. IWU likely has fewer people who stay so hotel and restaurant business for the locals is much less. No change to the TV revenue. Not sure if the terms of revenue sharing between the local host and the NCAA. I assume some of it is ticket revenue sharing so the more they can sell above the allotment, the more the NCAA makes, but it may be a small number overall.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t see Tanner on Kelo site anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                              I don’t see Tanner on Kelo site anymore
                              Saw him in Frisco. Guessing the parting of the ways was due in part from KELO not sending him there. Big loss for them. Have seen that the same organization that hired Zim away from the Argus is also starting a TV station. A smart move for them would be hiring Tanner to be their sports guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X