2022 Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Attendance

I thought the topic of attendance deserved its own thread. Here’s an update of a post from the Hobo Day thread:

2022 home attendance for five games:
    UC-Davis 15,182
    Butler 16,414
    WiU 15,237
    USD 19,332
    Hobo Day vs. Indiana State 19,041

Total 85,206
    Average 17,041

It’s obvious winning football games brings in the fans. Nice weather helps. But the consistently strong numbers prove to me that the fan interest is growing, the fan base is expanding.

NDSU is at 85,050 total with UND left. Have we ever outdrawn NDSU?
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
      Just in art class.

I think one would have to go back to pre-Fargo Dome days to check; and maybe as far back as pre-1963 when Darrell Mudra became the coach and NDSU committed to becoming a perennial powerhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        I thought the topic of attendance deserved its own thread. Here’s an update of a post from the Hobo Day thread:

2022 home attendance for five games:
        UC-Davis 15,182
        Butler 16,414
        WiU 15,237
        USD 19,332

Total 85,206
        Average 17,041

It’s obvious winning football games brings in the fans. Nice weather helps. But the consistently strong numbers prove to me that the fan interest is growing, the fan base is expanding.
        i wonder how much beer at gamed has helped attendance

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
          That's always going to be hard to do since it seems they always have an extra home game. But perhaps I'm wrong
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

i wonder how much beer at gamed has helped attendance
            I suppose there’s no way to accurately measure the impact. I’ll usually buy one during the game but I’d be at the game with or without beer sales. I think most fans would go to the game regardless of the beer sales.

I wonder what the final numbers will be for beer sales this season. I am beginning to think that the sales will be much greater than I would have guessed.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

That's always going to be hard to do since it seems they always have an extra home game. But perhaps I'm wrong
              The only two sections with any significant open seats were the "Alcohol Free" sections. My guess that will be looked at in the off season and gone by next year.

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

The only two sections with any significant open seats were the "Alcohol Free" sections. My guess that will be looked at in the off season and gone by next year.

SUPERBUNNY
                Not a bad idea. I drifted from worse seats into the top of the NE alcohol-free section during the WIU game and could clearly see plenty of beer being consumed in the rows below me. It’s probably just a one-year thing to appease those that were sure some expensive beer sales would turn the game into a frat party.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Not a bad idea. I drifted from worse seats into the top of the NE alcohol-free section during the WIU game and could clearly see plenty of beer being consumed in the rows below me. It’s probably just a one-year thing to appease those that were sure some expensive beer sales would turn the game into a frat party.
                  I believe BOR as part of alcohol sales stadiums had to have alcohol free zones. They have one section on east side and one on the west.

Comment

10 years of playoffs, semifinal appearances and championship appearances. Seeing future NFL players, the larger the student section every year the more kids that graduate remembering the good times and good games will make it more of a point to return to games upon graduation. Growing population of Brookings and Sioux Falls. Better tailgating spread across the campus parking lots that has grown and grown. Dont forget the awesome weather we've had. Beer sales are a nice sales add on.....but I haven't heard anyone say "man I would have stayed home, but I heard there are $10 beers inside the stadium! Count me in!" Proofs in the pudding for weather and the Illinois State game. Another good sign is this isn't the best slate of home games.
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      10 years of playoffs, semifinal appearances and championship appearances. Seeing future NFL players, the larger the student section every year the more kids that graduate remembering the good times and good games will make it more of a point to return to games upon graduation. Growing population of Brookings and Sioux Falls. Better tailgating spread across the campus parking lots that has grown and grown. Dont forget the awesome weather we've had. Beer sales are a nice sales add on.....but I haven't heard anyone say "man I would have stayed home, but I heard there are $10 beers inside the stadium! Count me in!" Proofs in the pudding for weather and the Illinois State game. Another good sign is this isn't the best slate of home games.
                      Definitely agree. It'd be awesome if we could get 14k for playoffs.

The alcohol free sections aren't exactly "prime" seats, and thousands of fans leaving during blowouts likely influenced folks being able to say they noticed open seats and alcohol being consumed.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post

I believe BOR as part of alcohol sales stadiums had to have alcohol free zones. They have one section on east side and one on the west.
                        You are partially correct (games had to have at least one alcohol-free zone). If Athletics were to limit it to one zone in future seasons, it seems likely it would be on the east side, give that being connected/in close prximity to the student sections.

I also foresee something like Augie's beer garden being added, perhaps in one of the northwest areas of the stadium.

Comment

2022 Regular-season attendance final tally:

Six games:

UC-Davis 15,182
                          Butler 16,414
                          WiU 15,237
                          USD 19,332
                          Illinois State 8,160

Total 93,366
                          Average 15,561

The Illinois State game dented the season average badly. But the 8160 fans in the stands in 22 degree weather (without any ‘break-in— it was 65 at Hobo Day two weeks earlier), is still trending up. A few years ago that game would have had a crowd of 4500.

Comment

I know the cold was only some of the factor. I know alot of people that where at the HS championships. Hopefully we get more than 10K there. Looks to be a 32ish for Dec 4 for the too early forcast.
                            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                            X