No announcement yet.

GDT: @ North Dakota (10/22/22)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made the trip to GF on Saturday. It was a solid atmosphere. Aside from one ornery guy who told me to sit down as I stood to cheer a big Jacks defensive play, the UND fans were very nice and welcoming, which is always nice when you go to a road game. I noticed Graham Spalding posted on twitter, a short explanation of why he was smiling with his teammates after the targeting call. I can see why some UND fans may have seen that and thought he was laughing at the call and been upset. I saw some of the comments from them calling him classless for that. Now to see the real reason he was laughing wasn't because he has no class but some UND fans sitting behind the Jackrabbit bench were indeed the ones with no class, makes me smile too.

Comment

• Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
      I made the trip to GF on Saturday. It was a solid atmosphere. Aside from one ornery guy who told me to sit down as I stood to cheer a big Jacks defensive play, the UND fans were very nice and welcoming, which is always nice when you go to a road game. I noticed Graham Spalding posted on twitter, a short explanation of why he was smiling with his teammates after the targeting call. I can see why some UND fans may have seen that and thought he was laughing at the call and been upset. I saw some of the comments from them calling him classless for that. Now to see the real reason he was laughing wasn't because he has no class but some UND fans sitting behind the Jackrabbit bench were indeed the ones with no class, makes me smile too.
      Hey Backer

thank you for pointing out that there is ALWAYS more than one way to see ANY set of events and circumstances
      i do NOT know Graham at all !!!! but i highly highly doubt he is the dirty piece of garbage that many are making him out to be

he made a bad choice to taunt the und WR after the hit. totally not acceptable and i am sure he would readily admit that
      and i am going to guess HE NEVER does anything like that again as long as he plays the game

unfortunately some people WANT TO SEE bad things when they look at this program and no matter what happens that is what they will see. MANY here worry about events like this because they give ammunition to those who WANT to see bad things. I TOTALLY APPRECIATE that!!!

and i appreciate that many here want us to have programs that stand for the right things. i do also say REST ASSURED because those are exactly the type of programs we have!!! i do think some of our fans have become more negative than i wish. for instance i TRULY hate the whole left right left right SIT DOWN thing at hoops game. and MORESO hate the fact that some fans pay almost no attention to the game except when that happens. truly for some i think that is the thing they MOST want to see when they come to a game. but anyway i will get off that tangent

there are ALWAYS many perspectives, there is NO WAY around it!!!

we are very fortunate we have great programs!! great coaches!!! and great kids!!! and our programs work very hard to do things the right way!! i believe that WITHOUT hesitation!!!

are they perfect of course not. perfect does not exist!! but they try hard every day to do the best they can and to continue STRIVING to be the best they can be as people, as coaches, as students, and as athletes.

i am VERY HAPPY many of us have very high hopes and expectations!!! THANK YOU

i do NOT want to make this final point be the MAIN POINT!!!!!!

but please do also remember that even if we did actually do everything perfectly, there would still be some who would look at our programs and say we were dirty or lack class or whatever other negative things they want to say. we continue trying to do our best!! that is all we can do!! we cannot let others who want to tear things down be in control of who we are or the decisions we make

Comment

• I was also at the game. The tailgating was great. Several fans thanked our program for beating NDSU. If anyone looked at me crossly I just gave them a horns down signal and that always brought a smile to their face. Tailgate people offered us food and drinks and had a great time. Never heard anything negative during the game.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
        X