Rivalry week: Bison roundup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivalry week: Bison roundup

It's here: the annual slugfest with the Bison. There are strong indicators predicting the Jacks defense is too much for the Bison running game and the Bison passing game doesn't have enough horsepower to make up the difference. So far in 2022, the Bison have not been up to their usual standard in running the ball.

For the growing SDSU ticket-buying fanbase, you need to know about the premiere 'trophy game' in FCS, straight from Wikipedia::

The Dakota Marker series currently stands in favor of NDSU 10–8. SDSU is currently in possession of the trophy after winning the latest game in the regular season series, a 27-19 victory in Brookings on November 6, 2021. The 2019 Marker Game in Brookings was notable for the visit of College GameDay, the flagship college football pregame show broadcast by ESPN. The show originated live from the SDSU campus on the morning of the game as the Bison entered the contest ranked #1 in FCS and undefeated at 7-0, with SDSU ranked #3 and coming in 6-1. The home team has won 11 of the 18 Marker games since the inception of the series.

Prrediction time:

I've talked to my usual sources and even consulted sources relied upon by NDSU Coach Entz and his staff in offense play calling: the Magic 8 Ball Fortune Teller; a Ouija Board; Bob Nielsen's discarded notes from last weekend's USD game; and Coach Entz's Etch-a-Sketch (his assistants told him it was a laptop).
    I'm calling the game, SDSU 28, NDSU 14. The Marker is returned to its now three-year residency at SDSU.

Good luck, Bison -- hoping for an injury-free game for both teams.

Go Jacks!
    Last edited by JackJD; 10-10-2022, 12:37 PM.

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    It's here: the annual slugfest with the Bison. There are strong indicators predicting the Jacks defense is too much for the Bison running game and the Bison passing game doesn't have enough horsepower to make up the difference. So far in 2022, the Bison have not been up to their usual standard in running the ball.

For the growing SDSU ticket-buying fanbase, you need to know about the premiere 'trophy game' in FCS, straight from Wikipedia::

The Dakota Marker series currently stands in favor of NDSU 10–8. SDSU is currently in possession of the trophy after winning the latest game in the regular season series, a 27-19 victory in Brookings on November 6, 2021. The 2019 Marker Game in Brookings was notable for the visit of College GameDay, the flagship college football pregame show broadcast by ESPN. The show originated live from the SDSU campus on the morning of the game as the Bison entered the contest ranked #1 in FCS and undefeated at 7-0, with SDSU ranked #3 and coming in 6-1. The home team has won 11 of the 18 Marker games since the inception of the series.

Prrediction time:

I've talked to my usual sources and even consulted sources relied upon by NDSU Coach Entz and his staff in offense play calling: the Magic 8 Ball Fortune Teller; a Ouija Board; Bob Nielsen's discarded notes from last weekend's USD game; and Coach Entz's Etch-a-Sketch (his assistants told him it was a laptop).
    I'm calling the game, SDSU 28, NDSU 14. The Marker is returned to its now three-year residency at SDSU.

Good luck, Bison -- hoping for an injury-free game for both teams.

Go Jacks!
    You're not alone in thinking the Jacks represent a matchup the Bison are, at least currently, ill-suited for.

Tweets emanating that key player may indeed be slated for return, something he's mentioned to Zim and others in recent past.

Comment

Predictions: The Jacks' defense stays tough, the offense continues its slow improvement, and error-prone special teams have their best game of the year. SDSU wins 20-10, and for the next two months hard-core Bison fans falsely accuse the Jacks of cheating.
      Last edited by Jacked_Up; 10-10-2022, 05:02 PM.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Don’t feel great about this game. The furry cows are going to try and hold us to field goals and I think our horrible field goal game with finally bite us in the butt. Hope I’m wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Tweets emanating that key player may indeed be slated for return, something he's mentioned to Zim and others in recent past.
          I clicked on the word "emanate" in jakejc's post and it took me to a tweet by Tucker Kraft. I scrolled down a little and came to a tweet by "Big Game Boomer". He had a graphic that listed (someone's opinion on) the 20 Best/Worst student sections of the week. Number 19 in the "best" section...you guessed it: SDSU Jackrabbit students! I'm not sure I can pull the graphic out of the tweet and get it to appear in this post (and I'm not going to take the time to figure that out. ) I'm not a Twitter follower. But I kept scrolling and there were a number of Tweets about Jackrabbit stuff.

Comment

I clicked on the word "emanate" in jakejc's post and it took me to a tweet by Tucker Kraft. I scrolled down a little and came to a tweet by "Big Game Boomer". He had a graphic that listed (someone's opinion on) the 20 Best/Worst student sections of the week. Number 19 in the "best" section...you guessed it: SDSU Jackrabbit students! I'm not sure I can pull the graphic out of the tweet and get it to appear in this post (and I'm not going to take the time to figure that out. ) I'm not a Twitter follower. But I kept scrolling and there were a number of Tweets about Jackrabbit stuff.

https://twitter.com/BigGameBoomer/st...15165858750464

Comment

Understand it was against Western and USeD, but the defensive performance the past two games along with the rushing game SDSU has gives me a good feeling about Saturday. If they limit mistakes on special teams, boy howdy!
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

In case anyone's curious about a couple of the less renowned logos appallingly ranked higher than Jacks, #13 is C-USA's Univ. of Texas-San Antonio's Roadrunners, who defeated Western Kentucky 31-28 (attendance 22,328); #15 is C-USA's Univ. of Alabama-Birmingham Blazers, who defeated MIddle Tennesee 41-14 (attendance 23,694) and #17 is the Sunbelt's Texas State Bobcats, who defeated App. State 38-14 (attendance 25,613).

Last edited by jakejc795; 10-10-2022, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                  Understand it was against Western and USeD, but the defensive performance the past two games along with the rushing game SDSU has gives me a good feeling about Saturday. If they limit mistakes on special teams, boy howdy!
                  The Bison will be without their NFL prospect TE Gindorff, likely their starting C Sundell, potentially Sproles and K. Johnson, and WR Terhark. They've demonstrated they're vulnerable versus the run (against RBs nowhere near the caliber of Davis), and they've had their own offensive woes.

I'm eager to see how the Jacks' DL and LBs counter Miller, Luepke, and Williams (whom they may lack game film on)

Comment

Luepke worries me. I've watched a few NDSU games this year and he is a stud. I didn't watch last weeks game against Indiana State, but it sounds like the Bison got their passing game rolling. Hopefully it was a one time deal.
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                      Luepke worries me. I've watched a few NDSU games this year and he is a stud. I didn't watch last weeks game against Indiana State, but it sounds like the Bison got their passing game rolling. Hopefully it was a one time deal.
                      They rushed for 323 with Williams, who hadn't been used much due to recovering from injury last season, accounting for 145yds.

Comment

I have watched a few of the stinky cows games this year and there are not the NDSU of old. Yes they can still run the ball but there passing attack is defiantly below average. I think we do well and smack there defense around and win the time of possession battle and make NDSU play catch up. 28-14 Us
                        Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

The Jackrabbits head to Fargo for a #1 vs #2 showdown. This should be a classic heavy weight fight. Get to know NDSU below. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...view-ndsu.html
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I'm not going to over analyze this game. Currently SDSU is playing better than NDSU. SDSU has won the last couple meetings . NDSU needs to prove it can beat us. These times they are a changin'
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

They’re going to want revenge as badly as we did last week. That will be especially true after spending all week listening to everyone say that they have lost their edge. Can we match that extra intensity?

Make them throw the ball, one way or another.

Comment

Working...
                              X