X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Illinois Leathernecks

#Chainggang
    #605HOGS

I hope this can be a heal up game alot of guys nicked up that have been playing through it. Hopefully we can get a few guys for the next 3 weeks gauntlet. Any updates on the starters that are out. I'm guessing Tucker is out still maybe NDSU? Stalbird, Wolf, Donald, Williams etc
    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Whoever is playing, let's hope they avoid the injury bug, and let's bring home another W. Fun team to watch.

Comment

Whomever plays, I hope they can keep their mind on W. Illinois and not look ahead to the Marker game and the mutts. We piss one down our leg every year. Maybe this year will be different.
      One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Make plans to go to the game. One way too early weather forecast predicts a high of 72 under partly sunny skies. Hopefully the 25% chance of rain happens in a different part of the day. SSE winds at 10 mph shouldn't be too bad and the gusts to 25 mph will also be at a different time of the day.
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
          Whomever plays, I hope they can keep their mind on W. Illinois and not look ahead to the Marker game and the mutts. We piss one down our leg every year. Maybe this year will be different.
          If they do that against this team, it would leave a big, big puddle.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

If they do that against this team, it would leave a big, big puddle.
            I went and read a little bit more about Western after I typed that. Yea, puddles would be an understatement. Probably a perfect time for this game though.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
              Make plans to go to the game. One way too early weather forecast predicts a high of 72 under partly sunny skies. Hopefully the 25% chance of rain happens in a different part of the day. SSE winds at 10 mph shouldn't be too bad and the gusts to 25 mph will also be at a different time of the day.
              I went to the Dome on Saturday to see USD host NDSU. Made me realize again how grateful I am for the Dana Dykhouse stadium and our fa base and student section. The newly renovated dome is still a mess. Overly loud and a boring fan experience. The “official” crowd of 6500 could not have been less engaged including a disinterested student section (that left at the half with USD winning!) and a tiny band ( that actually was pretty good). Encourage everyone to bring a friend and keep the attendance high.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post

I went and read a little bit more about Western after I typed that. Yea, puddles would be an understatement. Probably a perfect time for this game though.
                It would be nice if most of the second half would go to the reserves.

Comment

Regardless it it is this game or the rest of the season, it is going to be interesting to see how the O line and the run game continue to gel and develop

Stig IS, has been, and gotta believe ALWAYS will be a run first guy, and i have no doubt that is what he and this staff want

dont get me wrong, i think they have done a generally excellent job of balancing run and pass and of course have had some great quarterbacks and pass catchers over his time!! but he believes in the value of a good running game and they want to run the ball. with a back like Davis nobody should think they should make running a complimentary part of their offense

BUT, it is beginning to appear a bit that this could be a very very VERY tough pass game to stop. against an expected to be very solid defense with a STUD DB, it appeared that Grono was able to connect with Heins and the Jankes ALMOST at will. and hopefully getting Kraft and Wolf back at some point wont exactly hurt the pass game, although it will require another change of playbook and game planning, such as what they experienced after losing Kraft to begin with (i think we got a good look at what Heins could be when he is the feature TE, but he readily settles into blocker first mode when Kraft is available) roles would have to change again slightly if everyone returns healthy

it seems this group could be very easily the deepest group of talented pass catchers that we have ever had. we have often had 2 good pass catchers before, or 2 and a complimentary 3rd. this group can easily be 3 or 4 and maybe 5 deep

anyway i just think it is going to be interesting to see how this offense continues to develop but it seems like they have a chance to be incredibly hard to stop, ahd hopefully they will be by the time they head to fargo

to be clear i also understand the value of the run game. if you can go 4 and 5 yards on most plays and then break off some big ones it is soul crushing for an opponent and it is so valuable to be able to eat clock and keep other good offenses off the field (obviously that is basically the exact plan that ndsu has utilized slightly successfully for the last couple years or decades)

but if they cannot get the run game to totally come together, maybe a few more passes on first down helps to open things up. I DO NOT mean a bunch of play action deep shots. i know everyone is looking for the jacks ability to strike quickly and hit big plays

of course some of those are nice and OF COURSE I HOPE THEY HIT SOME, but i am talking about also throwing in some first down seams and curls to TE, or a variety of 5-8 yard routes to WR with potential for our athletes to turn it into more. but even if they do not turn it into more NOTHING helps the run game like 2nd and 3, as opposed to 2nd and 8

Comment

The Jackrabbits host the Leathernecks of WIU this week. Lots of new faces on the 'necks so here is who you need to know. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...iew-wiu-2.html
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

That way too early weather forecast that I posted was way too early. Now the forecast is for mid 70's, no rain, and winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Get your tickets and make your plans to be at the game.
                      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Maybe this has been posted before or maybe ought to be a new thread but this KELO Original featuring former SDSU great, Wes Ganant, is fascinating and inspirational. I couldn't quit watching. Have to love the gentle swipes he takes in the beginning.

https://www.keloland.com/sports/capt...us-wes-genant/

Comment

That was pretty interesting. Thanks for sharing the link.

Comment

Zimmer said on his podcast that Kraft is targeting the NDSU game to return. That’s what Kraft told him he said but it’s probably not entirely up to him.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                              Zimmer said on his podcast that Kraft is targeting the NDSU game to return. That’s what Kraft told him he said but it’s probably not entirely up to him.
                              Yeah, Zim made it clear in the podcast that the Jacks wouldn't rush Kraft back

Comment

Working...
                              X